This is topic Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005702

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity

The Associated Press

Published: October 31, 2007

CAIRO, Egypt: Egypt's top archaeologist has made about US$500,000 (€348,000) for a children's charity by selling copies of his trademark leather hat during a recent King Tut tour, he said Wednesday.

Zahi Hawass, the country's top antiquities official, said that the replicas of his trademark Indiana Jones hat were sold for US$45 (€31) each during the two-year tour that wrapped up this fall.

"Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" drew nearly 4 million visitors during its two-year foreign tour.

The brown suede hat carries Hawass' picture and signature.

Hawass will be donating the money for the construction of Egypt's and the Middle East's first children's museum. Hawass has been the antiquities council chief for the past five years.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/31/africa/ME-GEN-Egypt-Hawass-Hat.php

Now I wanna know who bought one??? [Smile]

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

^ It's not even his actual hat but replicas of it! So what??

Posted by Yom (Member # 11256) on :

Still, people like the style. Don't hate him for everything he does, though. This fund-raiser was a good thing.

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

^ Who's hating? I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like he is giving away the actual hat.

I just hope this won't let this go to the guy's head as if he is the rock star of the archaeological world. Or maybe it's too late! LOL

Posted by Johnny Blaze (Member # 13931) on :

Thats funny,and why the charity with the middle east and not the country north of named Sudan. That country Egypt never helps its fellow Africans...oh I forgot the Egyptians aren't African niether are they Arabs,so why is doing something for Arabs then. Dame stag actor!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com