EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity

The Associated Press

Published: October 31, 2007

CAIRO, Egypt: Egypt's top archaeologist has made about US$500,000 (€348,000) for a children's charity by selling copies of his trademark leather hat during a recent King Tut tour, he said Wednesday.

Zahi Hawass, the country's top antiquities official, said that the replicas of his trademark Indiana Jones hat were sold for US$45 (€31) each during the two-year tour that wrapped up this fall.

"Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" drew nearly 4 million visitors during its two-year foreign tour.

The brown suede hat carries Hawass' picture and signature.

Hawass will be donating the money for the construction of Egypt's and the Middle East's first children's museum. Hawass has been the antiquities council chief for the past five years.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/31/africa/ME-GEN-Egypt-Hawass-Hat.php

Now I wanna know who bought one??? [Smile]

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ It's not even his actual hat but replicas of it! So what??

Yom
Member # 11256
 - posted
Still, people like the style. Don't hate him for everything he does, though. This fund-raiser was a good thing.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ Who's hating? I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like he is giving away the actual hat.

I just hope this won't let this go to the guy's head as if he is the rock star of the archaeological world. Or maybe it's too late! LOL

Johnny Blaze
Member # 13931
 - posted
Thats funny,and why the charity with the middle east and not the country north of named Sudan. That country Egypt never helps its fellow Africans...oh I forgot the Egyptians aren't African niether are they Arabs,so why is doing something for Arabs then. Dame stag actor!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com