EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Shortcuts: How to make it as an archaeologist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shortcuts: How to make it as an archaeologist
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shortcuts: How to make it as an archaeologist
December 11, 2006

(CNN) -- Following news that archaeologists in Rome have discovered a sarcophagus containing what they believe to be the mortal remains of St. Paul the Apostle, we offer a few tips on how to get in on the world of excavation.

Forget the bull whip

Study hard, get the qualifications

Volunteer as "trowel fodder"

Resign yourself to a lifetime of poorly-paid obscurity

Find Nefertiti or Alexander the Great

Full Article

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:

Resign yourself to a lifetime of poorly-paid obscurity

Kinda makes it a hard sell when put that way, doesn't it?...given that people in this day and age are expected to pay higher rates for the very same services that they were paying relatively less for earlier on; for instance, I pay far more now for my cable TV; yet nothing in the service has changed a bit for the better. Just an off-topic example, but I guess you get my drift.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
I pay far more now for my cable TV; yet nothing in the service has changed a bit for the better.

I down sized my cable for this very reason.

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archaeology is an interesting field but the work is very tedious and boring.

The only excitement you get is in finding something valuable, but it rare you find anything at all.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com