EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Did you met your Egyptian husband/wife online? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Did you met your Egyptian husband/wife online?
dotpt
Member # 15288

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotpt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me everything, i.e., when you met, when you met in person, where are you living now, how many kids, your ages, biggest cultural differences, how you get along etc...

To all Egyptian/foreigner couples I send you my best wishes of a happy marriage!!!!

Posts: 5 | From: Portugal | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i must say ! you are a bit forward arn't you ? [Eek!]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also going to need your blood type, what you ate for breakfast this morning, your dog's name, if you think Hilary is really a lesbian, and the circumference of your left ovary. Quickly, hurry up now!
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ the circumference comment...

Sorry, I have never had an online love interest so I cannot help.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now why u guys have to go there? come on. if u dont have a mature answer then why you writing back? u all seem to have forgotten this is a messageboard, a forum, and her topic is what this site was put here for...what u think it was put here for?...people like u to dog at the doors and bite anyone who tries to enter?

whats up with you cake!?

cheeky, i tried the net love thing once...it was crazy and to this day i will never go back lol! the best things in life are done in reality.

Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just making a joke but seriously, all of this is too much, better to break the questions into parts and see how that relates to the whole then to try to process too much information at once. I mean, really, what is the specific question that you want an answer to? Cultural differences? Because that would be my biggest and most valid concern.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just way to sceptical and cautious and I would need to be with the person to gauge the sincerity of it all. Words are weak in text!

Dotp... are you asking out of curiosity or are you experiencing this situation?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotpt
Member # 15288

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for dotpt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
I am just way to sceptical and cautious and I would need to be with the person to gauge the sincerity of it all. Words are weak in text!

Dotp... are you asking out of curiosity or are you experiencing this situation?

Cheekyferret:

Just out of curiosity and I'm thinking about the odds of people getting along with each others VS tradional ways of metting persons!

Posts: 5 | From: Portugal | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotpt
Member # 15288

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotpt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pothead_Barbie:
now why u guys have to go there? come on. if u dont have a mature answer then why you writing back? u all seem to have forgotten this is a messageboard, a forum, and her topic is what this site was put here for...what u think it was put here for?...people like u to dog at the doors and bite anyone who tries to enter?

whats up with you cake!?

cheeky, i tried the net love thing once...it was crazy and to this day i will never go back lol! the best things in life are done in reality.

Thanks, Pothead_Barbie! [Smile]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
For me persoanlly the odds of me getting along with someone online to the extent I want to be with them forever are zero. I cannot speak for others though.

I guess I am an old fashioned girl with old fashioned idealisms. I want to be with someone, feel them , see them, smell them but above all sit in silence and not need words. silence online surely must not be comfortable.

i cannot answer your question as I have never experienced both to give an opinion.

Pothead maybe better to answer

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
For me persoanlly the odds of me getting along with someone online to the extent I want to be with them forever are zero. I cannot speak for others though.

That would be just plain crazy! Chemistry is soooo important and people often can be totally different in real life than online. Also smell is important [Big Grin]

But there is nothing odd meeting (first) online if you meet him/her in person quite soon and get to know each other face to face (one question was when did you meet).

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did meet the egyptian husband online, now divorced though that had nothing to do with meeting online. People can lie just as much in person as they can online.

Getting ready to marry next week, I met this man online as well, though he is not egyptian and lives in the states.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

HOLY GOD, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK???
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:

Getting ready to marry next week,

Please don't.

Or please don't post about it here. This is just so incredibly depressing to read.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I did meet the egyptian husband online, now divorced though that had nothing to do with meeting online. People can lie just as much in person as they can online.

Getting ready to marry next week, I met this man online as well, though he is not egyptian and lives in the states.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

*faints*

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

I agree totally with all four of the last responses. Especially the youtube clip.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...unbelievable.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Seeing is believing! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I guess those 30+ pages were a waste of advice/help. I'm sure she'll be back talking about how it just wasn't God's will again...(sigh). [Frown]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

God helps those who help themselves not those who constantly throw themselves under the bus.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Cake Girl:
God helps those who help themselves not those who constantly throw themselves under the bus.

Don't even waste your breath, she didn't listen to the 30+ pages of advice about this one or the last one or the one before. She's posting engagement photos now. [Frown]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I my country people are not allowed to marry within a certain period after a divorce, think it's six months. It is a reflection-period. During that period people are supposed to ta a good look in the mirror...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Getting ready to marry next week,

[Eek!]

Oh god! What a shock in the early morning!! I truly don't understand you. [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dotpt:
Tell me everything, i.e., when you met, when you met in person, where are you living now, how many kids, your ages, biggest cultural differences, how you get along etc...

To all Egyptian/foreigner couples I send you my best wishes of a happy marriage!!!!

You probably won't get too many helpful answers to your questions. The people who can answer your questions are now egyptsearch sauvy and will not want to have their lives and loves ripped to shreds for public viewing.
Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I my country people are not allowed to marry within a certain period after a divorce, think it's six months. It is a reflection-period. During that period people are supposed to ta a good look in the mirror...

The mirror?? She didn't even take time to get a look in the hub caps as they pulled away... [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hub caps....help me with that. No idea what hub caps are,neither does the dictionary...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
civil society
Member # 14880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for civil society     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hub cabs are the metal disks on car tires...the decorative covers.
Posts: 253 | From: canuk | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Ah.....in my country the hub cabs are not chromed, making them shiny is considered as bling-bling. (Low class OR cult)
Cult is using something that is totally outdated/not-done/negative as an exposure of certain subculture, always by a limited group of people. As soon as it becomes common it isn't cult anymore, but modern.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Don't worry ?????, in our country some of the more tacky people have the rotating rims, so when the person stops it still looks like their wheels are moving. It's the most low class thing you've ever seen. [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Ah.....in my country the hub cabs are not chromed, making them shiny is considered as bling-bling. (Low class OR cult)

But it's very hip with the blacks in the States; I see cars like that everyday!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

uh oh!
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

*Does anyone know where I left the martini shaker? I'm going to need it.*

Here. We. Go.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

There isn't enough Vodka in the free world...
civil society
Member # 14880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for civil society     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only in russia
Posts: 253 | From: canuk | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
На здоpовье! [Big Grin]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey don't be too hard on her...

It's not as if she is running the country or something... [Wink]

MH I hope this works out for you. I wish you the best of luck... [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Serial marriager [Eek!]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Sash I think they're going to make that into a horror movie.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Lol .... rather a TV series! Can't wait for the next episode!! [Big Grin]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Serial marriager... [Smile]
Place of Pain, Place of HopeApril 5, 2008
Every week couples come into my office facing a crisis in their marriage. They are typically at the end of their rope with each other and are often ready to separate. They are asking the question would I be better off if I were not with this person. They are wondering if their life would be more full to have their partner out of their life, to no longer be joined and responsible for being with their mate. The marital relationship has become something to avoid and get away from; it has become a place of pain. Marriage counseling is often a last gasp effort that hardly seems worth the trouble. It is hard work and requires the facing of our failures, another place of pain. For any couple to go through this there has to be the hope of a good marriage.

Most of us have an idea of what marriage is supposed to be like and many have a marriage that is full of love, commitment, safety and companionship. The good marriage is that picture of two people facing the challenges of life together and enjoying each other physically and emotionally. We see that picture in romantic movies, novels, and love songs. For those distressed couples sitting in my office this picture does not match their experience. I regularly hear them say that they are ready to give up on the idea of marriage believing that they have somehow been duped into entering into it in the first place: “If I had known how bad this would be I never would have gotten married and I will not make the same mistake again.” I believe many people have had a similar thought even if never acted upon.

According to recent research conducted by the George Barna Group (www.barna.org) four out of five adults have been married; that is 78% of adults have been married and only 22% have never been married. Also, of those who have been married, one third or 33% have experienced at least one divorce. In spite of this rate of divorced individuals, marriage is a choice most make, even a second or third time. Marriage is obviously something people regularly do. So is divorce. As George Barna says: “There no longer seems to be much of a stigma attached to divorce; it is now seen as an unavoidable rite of passage… Interviews with young adults suggest that they want their initial marriage to last, but are not particularly optimistic about that possibility. There is also evidence that many young people are moving toward embracing the idea of serial marriage, in which a person gets married two or three times, seeking a different partner for each phase of their adult life.”

The “idea of serial marriage” is a scary thought. Serial marriage means serial divorce and that brings to mind “serial murder”. If you have ever been divorced or witnessed divorce as a child of a divorced couple, images of murder are not far off the mark. The emotional and material consequences of divorce have been well documented. Few divorces end amicably and they all involve, at the very least loss, a painful experience. No divorced person I know has ever denied that ending their marriage was painful.

It is ironic that couples who divorce are attempting to get out of a place of pain only to most likely enter into a more painful experience of divorce. Of course, pain can be all consuming and the present experience of pain is not dulled by a future promise of greater pain. We want the pain to stop now and getting away from a marriage that has become a place of pain dominates our motivation. If George Barna is right that there is a trend toward serial marriage (and divorce) it raises several questions, not the least of which is how well you are able to tolerate emotional pain. Maybe this trend of serial marriage is a dysfunctional way of coping with pain? Maybe many of us have don’t know how to tolerate emotional pain so we run from one painful situation to the next.

What kind of pain are you willing to tolerate; the pain of a distressed marriage or the pain of separation and loss? Do you really think running from one marriage and divorce to the next marriage and divorce will solve your pain? Why not consider tolerating the pain, the frustration and the challenge of repairing a distressed marriage? Marriages can be repaired and restored. It is hard work and it does involve pain. A good marriage is not a false hope; you have not been duped into believing in and hoping for a good marriage. Your marriage can be good.
http://interweave.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/place-of-pain-place-of-hope/

--------------------

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...just read this and joked on the melon I was delicately eating! [Big Grin] I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown if I hear anymore crap about MH! [Roll Eyes] She is taking up far too much time and energy of this forum, isn't there a barring system available on this site? [Confused]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

Serial marriager [Eek!]
LOL
you are ES star Sash [Smile]
One day i will die laughing to one of your comments

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

Serial marriager [Eek!]
LOL
you are ES star Sash [Smile]
One day i will die laughing to one of your comments

You're welcome,dear......wait,did i say "dear"? [Razz]
Sorry,i did not mean anything naughty! [Big Grin]

Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:

...just read this and joked on the melon I was delicately eating! [Big Grin] I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown if I hear anymore crap about MH! [Roll Eyes] She is taking up far too much time and energy of this forum, isn't there a barring system available on this site? [Confused]
There is no rule against being a fake muslim who uses her beliefs to get men and post her pious pictures of her fieanece touching her bum. If there were a rule against attention whores being members she might have been banned long ago.
Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:

There is no rule against being a fake muslim who uses her beliefs to get men and post her pious pictures of her fieanece touching her bum. If there were a rule against attention whores being members she might have been banned long ago.
Absolutely!!!
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judge not lest ye be judged.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Judge not lest ye be judged.

[Eek!] [Eek!] Quick, someone has hacked VB!! [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

Someone get the rum! You'll be back to judging in no time! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i didnt meet him online.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com