EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is a mother who VOLUNTARILY gives her child away in order to placate a man unnatural?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is a mother who VOLUNTARILY gives her child away in order to placate a man unnatural?
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind you, if this man did not even want her and possibly used her for a greencard. In any event,he didn't stick around long to see the marriage through. Now in defense of the husband, I think our mother in our "scenario"
is probably certifiable so he could probably only take so much.

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unnatural, abnormal, idiotic, psychotic, pathetic. Im sure others can add more

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He should have made sure he didnt breed then

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait let me get this straight, so first he married her and then the lady got pregnant and when he decided to cowardly dump her, she proposed putting the child in foster care only to please him? this is quite extreme since in most cases the mother-child bond is far superior and stronger than the man-woman love connection is.

very sad!

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a mother who voluntarily gives her child away under anything other than life-threatening circumstances is very very unnatural, bordering on scary. But it depends on the case.
I think a woman who does not want a child and chooses to give birth and then give the child up for adoption, rather than have an abortion is a hero. Even those women report tremendous difficulty in letting go of the child. The bond develops as the baby grows inside you, I believe, so by the time you deliver, forget it.
I think those women are helped by God to do what is noble.
But for simpler reasons, like money, convenience, etc, its is the sickest thing I can imagine. So so so so so cold.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok in the spirit of stirring up things, as the majority of us believe Josette is a fake username here to make things more interesting..I'll bite.
So Jo, what hypothesize you of our resident psycho, Sono?

Jut to recap on her posts to date:
US citizen who married an egyptian student in the middle of desolate US of A, birthed a daughter and while child was still a toddler (under circumstances undisclosed on this public forum) left/sent her toddler (before she could talk)back half way around the world to her egyptian in-laws in what can only sadly be compared as a desolate area of Egypt (even when compared to the already desolate Minnesota, or Missouri or whatever smallville she resides in).

Ignoring laws, ignoring waivers and international rights she gave up her actions. Not speaking arabic, depending on a husband she's described in only venomous terms on this board(never mind those are the people who raised the husband she deems to be such a pillar of humanity), now divorcing said-husband, prostituting nude photos of herself all over the internet...

Would you kindly elaborate?

Or. Are you picking on Mystic again?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kate.egypt@gmail.com
Member # 13200

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kate.egypt@gmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHO COULD DO THAT?
Posts: 2 | From: La Jolla, California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Ok in the spirit of stirring up things, as the majority of us believe Josette is a fake username here to make things more interesting..I'll bite.
So Jo, what hypothesize you of our resident psycho, Sono?

Jut to recap on her posts to date:
US citizen who married an egyptian student in the middle of desolate US of A, birthed a daughter and while child was still a toddler (under circumstances undisclosed on this public forum) left/sent her toddler (before she could talk)back half way around the world to her egyptian in-laws in what can only sadly be compared as a desolate area of Egypt (even when compared to the already desolate Minnesota, or Missouri or whatever smallville she resides in).

Ignoring laws, ignoring waivers and international rights she gave up her actions. Not speaking arabic, depending on a husband she's described in only venomous terms on this board(never mind those are the people who raised the husband she deems to be such a pillar of humanity), now divorcing said-husband, prostituting nude photos of herself all over the internet...

Would you kindly elaborate?

Or. Are you picking on Mystic again?

As far as I know, MH is not certifiable. She also has physical custody of her kids with her in the US. MH is definitely NOT the inspiration for this post. Now as for what I think about Sonomod, I don't, because she needs serious therapy.

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Ahhh so we ARE talking about THAT psycho. All the circumstances and 'reasons' for this oddball abandoning her kid are somewhere on here from long ago. Him screaming at her for getting pregnant, his fear that the child will be brought up by a 'kaffir' and he will go to hell, him insisting that having sex through a hole in a sheet is totally islamic because he couldnt bare to touch her, her telling everyone that ALL Egyptian children born out of Egypt HAVE to be sent back to Egypt to be raised, as its the Islamic thing to do, the rubbish about INS and to abide by their rules they had to send her away to a 3rd world country to be raised by the same family that raised 'King Kong' as she hatefully calls him.

She is SICK and has been in need of therapy or locking away in a mental institution for years yet she still comes back with her totally unreal fantasies and thinks everyone else is wrong! But it will all be ok because in 15 - 20 years time when she has paid off her loans for college, she will relocate to Cairo where she will have a wonderful well paid job and can be a real mother to her daughter. [Roll Eyes] fantasies

little surfer girl
Member # 12820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little surfer girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Ahhh so we ARE talking about THAT psycho. All the circumstances and 'reasons' for this oddball abandoning her kid are somewhere on here from long ago. Him screaming at her for getting pregnant, his fear that the child will be brought up by a 'kaffir' and he will go to hell, him insisting that having sex through a hole in a sheet is totally islamic because he couldnt bare to touch her, her telling everyone that ALL Egyptian children born out of Egypt HAVE to be sent back to Egypt to be raised, as its the Islamic thing to do, the rubbish about INS and to abide by their rules they had to send her away to a 3rd world country to be raised by the same family that raised 'King Kong' as she hatefully calls him.

She is SICK and has been in need of therapy or locking away in a mental institution for years yet she still comes back with her totally unreal fantasies and thinks everyone else is wrong! But it will all be ok because in 15 - 20 years time when she has paid off her loans for college, she will relocate to Cairo where she will have a wonderful well paid job and can be a real mother to her daughter. [Roll Eyes] fantasies

Ohhhhh, thanks Ayisha for the synopsis. I generally dont have time to flip through every post of the last two years to get up to speed. It's interesting that she is so quick to judge everyone and their relationships/lives.
It's really sad because some of us dream of being given the opportunity to have and raise children. And, then you hear about someone who is willing to throw their child away. I guess some people don't know what a blessing they have been given. That kills me. [Frown] [Mad]

Posts: 178 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess some people don't know what a blessing they have been given. That kills me.
Ditto! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not natural, there are wild animals in nature that would fight for their young and do anything (even sacrifice themselves) for their children. Whatever excuse a "human" woman gives to voluntarily give her child away is nothing but rationalization and/or an obvious avoidance of truth.
(unless as someone said above it is done out of adoption to give the child a better life, etc., I believe this is noble and nothing in comparison to placating a man).

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
personally i think its imppossible to judge. I think circumstances prevail and not everyone is a natural mother. Many people have issues that would affect their motherhood and whether they chose for their child to be adopted or brought up by family members is neither here nor there. Who's to say that if a child remains with a mother then it will be better cared for than with someone else? it would be nice to think that it would but many women abuse their children intenionally sometimes but more often unintentionally, as long as the child is happy now then i think that is all that matters.

I often think that sono's anger is directed at everyone else because inside her she probably does feel guilty about this, but maybe it was the right choice, who knows, i certainly dont as ive never met her or the family she speaks of. All i know is that sometimes it IS right for the mother to give up the child to other people to care for.

back to the original topic, whether its natural or not, i think we are conditioned to believe that the woman is a 'natural' carer, and in most circumstances that applies, but for some it doesnt, some men would make better parents than the mother, i dont think the natural instinct can be taken for granted. In animals its different, although there some animals where the father does the upbringing, or when a mother rejects the infant then a surrogate will take over, but in most cases mammals are tied to their mother through necessity, milk production, its not an emotional attachment.

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with caterpillar, its not for us to judge. We do not know all of the circumstances involved. Granted most of us would never send our child away for any reason but we do not know all the factors in this. Maybe they didnt have enough money to even feed the child, welfare isnt an option since he is an immigrant. Possibly no money for child care at all, in which case my opinion would be for one to leave school and care for the child themselves.
The other alternative is for one to not go to school and get another job to support the child.
BUT we were not in the situation, perhaps she did the only thing she felt was right for her child.
Personally the man would have to leave before my child left.
Sono or Amy is certainly in alot of pain from being seperated from her child, though it has been quite awhile since she has been with her. The guilt is there of course, but the father also had a legal say in what happened with the child so it is not all to be put on her.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also think that its not a new phenomenon and our attitudes are tied to our culture. Other children from other cultures are brought up by extended family all the time, children are sent to boarding schools in the UK, nannies, full time childcare, extended family etc. There is such diversity in family form today that who are we to say whether one set of circumstances is ok or not. Much research has been done on the negative effects of full time childcare, however, it is socially acceptable for women to do this in our society so its not viewed in the same way.

Would you question a father from egypt sending his child to live with his mothers family in the states for example? you have to ask why you question situations and what are they based on? your own understanding of whats right for children...but thats only ONE way, children grow up in different ways all over the world, ours is not always the best way.

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the question was whether or not it is natural for a mother to voluntarily give her child away TO PLACATE A MAN. I don't know if they were speaking specifically about an ES member or not (I don't really care, I'm going by the question itself).

But to answer the question based solely on the question itself, NO it is not natural to give your child away to PLACATE A MAN.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know about the opinion about raising up kids (daughters) in Egypt, I know about the opinion about Western women by some people, and I`ve seen a lot wrong doing on both sides.
Everybody can understand that NO mother will send away her daughter without reasons. Everybody can understand that women sometimes are brought in impossible situations, and that some women can become really desperate about it.
Obviously every mother will do what she think`s it`s best, and I think it is very annoying if I read what some people are writing here.
Don`t judge somebody if you`re not well informed enough to have an opinion!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

but it's a public forum ????? everyone is entitled to thier own opinions even if it is about someone in particular.
I thought the question itself was a good one. Impossible situations is one thing, placating a man is another. Just my two cents.

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the situation is just to make a man happy then no absolutely it is not natural or acceptable.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
If the situation is just to make a man happy then no absolutely it is not natural or acceptable.

That's pretty much the way I see it MH, based on the question.
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
I think you're right Smuckers, and of course it wouldnt be a good decision for that reason ALONE. However, i doubt whether such decisions are for one reason only. It may appear as though someone is doing something for a man, but in reality its much more complex than that, i.e why would they need the acceptance of one man in the first place? its about them inside and why they feel the way they do, and why they would make such a decision.

Most of us know who this post is aimed at, some people keep bringing it up (i dont mean you smucks). I just dont feel its fair to judge that situation in particular, and i do believe that most situations like this are far more complex than being about just one factor, i.e a man.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
but it's a public forum ????? everyone is entitled to thier own opinions even if it is about someone in particular.
I thought the question itself was a good one. Impossible situations is one thing, placating a man is another. Just my two cents.

Yes, I know it`s a public forum. And I also know that, because it`s public, all kinds of people are on it. People that in real live, maybe never would talk to each other because we all live in different worlds. Literary and imaginary. Sono as a person is for sure the most discussed person on this board. And everybody seems to have an opinion about her. Regarding the filth what has been placed here around Christmas, she also has enemies. Isn`t that a bit of a shame?
An anonymous person, somebody who acts behind nicks, has enemies, has people who have opinions about her, has no friends at all.Why? Because of what she told here. Maybe it`s an idea to realise that any person who is telling her dreadful story on a public board must be pretty desperate. Sono`s story, as far as I know, is also a drama. I think it must have hurt her deeply, and I also think all these critics here must hurt also. She must have a heavy life.
Maybe it`s better to show some compassion instead as placing insinuating topics...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know for certain, 100%, that all mothers will NOT do what is best for their children. Some women kill their children. Some women pimp them out for crack or for $$, in many ways. I mean, get real.
I, for one, did not respond to this post thinking about someone online here. The parallel is obvious, but with Josette's way of getting around she could be talking about anyone.
But, speaking of "the man"..... what kind of cretin would willingly get rid of his child? Any man I have ever been close to would fight to his last breath to be with his child. What kind of a loser lets his own kid get away? In the male world, as I have known it, it is as much a part of manhood to take care of a child as it is a part of womanhood.
Guys who ditch their kids are not men, they are scum.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vickyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 112 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump, bump, bump.... you do the BUMP pretty well, vickyjones!! [Razz]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ife_hk6NxKE

Looks like Josette's account is finally frozen!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vickyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so [Big Grin]
Posts: 112 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Egypt:
Bump, bump, bump.... you do the BUMP pretty well, vickyjones!! [Razz]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ife_hk6NxKE

Looks like Josette's account is finally frozen!! [Big Grin]

hahahahahaha very clever thats a good one like the video!!!

so vicky jones is joseette
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yal need quit messin with my head stick to 1 id plz!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all this bumpin reminds me of a poem i heard when i was small .
! bumpity bump im guy gallump,
im sad an lonely and much too plump!
OH my god im goin mad [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
seabreeze
Member # 10289

What does bump mean? [Confused]
Reminds me of this song: [Big Grin]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AqKIN7kA4w

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump is what you say when the thread is dead and you want to remind people of it.

BOOM!

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BADDA BING BADDA BOOM!!!
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vicky likes to bump like she likes to hump

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan Smith is one of those women that gave up her children in order to placate a man. The women that do that are wrong, but really bad if they are like her.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
didnt she leave her kids in the car and push it in the river?or is she the one who drowned them in the tub?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caringforwomen:
Susan Smith is one of those women that gave up her children in order to placate a man. The women that do that are wrong, but really bad if they are like her.

Actually Susan smith drugged her children, seat belted her children into her car and drove the car into a lake.

Then turned around and faked a kidnapping of her children.

Her boyfriend claimed he wasn't in on it.

By the way I know there are 2 current ES usernames who don't have physical custody of their children. But then again why doesn't western society mock men for not having custody?

Another 2 egyboard board members who handed over physical custody to their ex husbands because their current Egyptian love interest didn't want her children/son around.

One of those egyboard members has repeatively lied for an ES fraud.

Yet no one is going to say anything about these 2 lasses choosing an Egyptian love interest over their children.

So these last 2 egyboard members I noted, the ones who left their children with their ex husbands are an equalivant to Susan Smith who killed her children?

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
[Confused]

--------------------

caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Reality_Meanie, Those women are not equivalent to Susan Smith, who killed her children, but I was using her as an example of a woman who gives up her children to please a man. I was saying that these women are wrong for giving up their kids, but they would be worse if they killed them to get them out of the way.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a case! What was Mrs. Smith's motive to kill her children and pretend their kidnapping? Was she simply sick of looking after them, did she go through a divorce, did she have a boyfriend and felt the children were 'baggage' on her, was she mentally instable???

A very horrible case happened last week in Alabama (I used to live there for a year). Apparently a fisher man is accused of throwing his four little children (3, 2 1, 4 months old) of the bridge, two bodies have been recovered so far.

Here is the full story:

Last Updated: Sunday, 13 January 2008, 04:45 GMT

Body found in Alabama bridge case

The body of an infant has been found on the coast in the US state of Alabama, near where four children were allegedly thrown off a bridge by their father.

Lam Luong, 37, initially confessed to throwing the young children off the Dauphin Island bridge on Monday, but later retracted his confession.

He has now been charged with capital murder, and the search for the bodies of the other children continues.

"Why didn't he kill me instead?" said his wife, Kieu Ngoc Phan, 23.

"It's too much hurting."

The body of four-month-old Danny was found on Saturday morning by a duck hunter, about five miles (8km) west of the bridge from which the children were allegedly thrown into Mobile Bay.

Divers were searching the area, but called off the operation at nightfall, to be continued on Sunday.

The search has been extended westward towards Pascagoula, across the state border in Mississippi, in the belief that currents might have carried the bodies that far.

"The inevitable nightmare we have feared has now been confirmed," said Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran, after the body was found.

"We believe, certainly now, that the father of these children threw these children off the Dauphin Island bridge."

Lam Luong went to the police with his wife to report the children missing on Monday.

Kieu Ngoc Phan had gone with Luong to report her children missing

But when questioned, he said that he threw the children into the water after an argument with Kieu Ngoc Phan. Later, he denied this, insisting that two women had taken the children.

He appeared in court on Thursday, where he was formally charged. If convicted of capital murder, he could face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

The three younger children - Hannah, 2, Lindsey, 1, and Danny - are Lam Luong's, while the eldest, three-year-old Ryan, is Kieu Ngoc Phan's from an earlier relationship.

Mr Luong came to Alabama from Vietnam in 1984 when he was a teenager and worked as a shrimper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7185646.stm

[Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
bump

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com