EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » how can i do my laundry in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how can i do my laundry in egypt
Scary Dreams
Member # 8554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scary Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am going to be in egypt on holiday touring various places (cairo, hurghada, luxor, aswan). does anyone know if there is a laundry mat near or around any of these places . i mean like a place with washers and dryers that i can put money in and do my clothing myself?or is my best bet to stick with the hotels and let strangers do my laundary ?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
having someone else do your laundry is *very* cheap and convienent. I would stick with that. [Smile]

Have fun. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scary Dreams
Member # 8554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scary Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It gives me the creeps just thinking about some stranger doing my dirty unmentionables. [Eek!]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Well, when I was in Cairo, my now-Mother-in-law almost begged to do my laundry for me, and I had the same hesitation as you. So I had taken little travel packets of Woolite with me, and washed and hung-to-dry my own underwear. My MIL did my shirts and pants and socks. Things dry very quickly over there, so it was never a problem.

But as far as doing your own laundry in a laundromat-type facility, I'm afraid I have no idea. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every street corner has a laundry... average price per garment 1 le. BUT... always run by men.... better to wash your own pants.. they dont like ladies undies... they get embarassed!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the drop off laundries actually use a dryer or hang it out like we do at home here? Just curious. I haven't seen a dryer in those places just washer? The weather in winter it doesn't dry so fast..so if you have heavy jeans for instance don't plan on them drying one day unless it is a sunny, warm winter day. Those lightweight exercise pants are good for travel, fold well, wash easy, dry fast..or light khaki's..just my find.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sofia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I was in Egypt in August and I didn't see one laundry mat. I had the same experience.. my fiance's mom did my laundry.. and I never gave my underclothes.. it was a little embarrassing. When we stayed in Cairo.. it's true.. all the laundry businesses were ran by men and it was like a dry cleaning service... my fiance always took our clothes to be washed and they were back in a matter of a couple of hours and delivered in hangers and folded in the same manner as our dry cleaning here in the States..it was fine and soooooooooooo cheap!! I have never seen a washer and dryer like we have here in the States.... Have fun!! Sofia
Posts: 48 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i miss the makwagy [Frown]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLUESKY2
Member # 10166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLUESKY2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is for SONOMOD who has blocked me

ok , i am sure u have some good qualities somewhere , everyone does , i am just so bored right now, i guess u guys are it for now , until the 15th of this month , my man is out with his boss , to try to get a promotion , i know i told u i would leave him , but he really has been home everynight with me for 3 and a half years , and lately he has been glued to the boses ass to get more money for us , so i like being helped out finacially to much , and i really believe he is not cheating on me , he still does not pick up his phone for 30 minutes sometimes , but he always gets back to me . i know u are firm in the opinion that he is using me , but he already has his green card 2 years now and he is the one stuffing all the money away for us , we are buying a home here in america soon.it has only been 2 months he goes out late and it is always with his boss , i just recently find out he was doing it to kiss up to him for a comfy job improvement, i am absoluty sure that u will have plenty of negative things to say about this , that is what makes me laugh about u , u are funny , u are always bithching and see the bad ****, well you go girl , chew up this, your like a bulldog

Posts: 23 | From: OREGON | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scary Dreams
Member # 8554

Rate Member
Sofia, in cairo did your fiance take your dirty unmentionables to the dry cleaners? sorry but im really weird about my laundry. [Big Grin]
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just buy new undies their cheap enough here, and bring one' s with you that aren't like so expensive and nice..so just toss em and buy some new cotton undies...to solve the embarassing moments...HIH HIH HIH HIH To wash out the bra is easier and will dry overnight...
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scary Dreams
Member # 8554

Rate Member
Did i mention i always have to match my clothing and colors ... [Wink] ... yes yes i know i have issues.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring plenty of undies because if you run out of clean ones and you want to buy a couple "emergency" pairs, Egypt is not the place to buy them. Trust me, I've looked through many a bin of grannie panties to know.

quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
Just buy new undies their cheap enough here, and bring one' s with you that aren't like so expensive and nice..so just toss em and buy some new cotton undies...to solve the embarassing moments...HIH HIH HIH HIH To wash out the bra is easier and will dry overnight...

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- mesh tayka nafsi:
i miss the makwagy [Frown]

He says Hello to you [Smile]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scary Dreams:
i am going to be in egypt on holiday touring various places (cairo, hurghada, luxor, aswan). does anyone know if there is a laundry mat near or around any of these places . i mean like a place with washers and dryers that i can put money in and do my clothing myself?or is my best bet to stick with the hotels and let strangers do my laundary ?

I will send you Om Mohamad, she is great [Smile]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com