EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Advice for a fool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice for a fool
Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jengem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for some serious advice with regards to a relationship I had with an egyptian man. To cut a long story short, I met him a couple of years ago and things were wonderful, so much so, I bought an apartment in his home village just outside Luxor centre. Anyway, he came to Scotland for a holiday and things just didn't work out. He stays in the apartment with his sister and her children as he lost his job. I now want to sell the flat and just have no idea what to do. There is no chance of us getting back together and things appear amicable for the time being (touch wood). Can anybody help me as that flat is my savings along with a bit of a loan. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Posts: 14 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sell the flat to someone who agrees to rent it to the man and his sister.

Don't lose your savings over this guy, OK? Good luck.

[Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to ask this, though, are you *sure* that is his sister and not his wife? [Frown] He could have just told her to pretend to be the sister so that this woman in Scotland will buy us a house. [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jengem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that it's his sister. The family isn't in question. Ahmed and I just didn't work out. I am pretty scared at the moment as I have no idea how to sell the flat. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Posts: 14 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Who did you buy it from? Did you like that real estate agent? There are poeple here who live in Luxor so I hope they reply and give you better information.

I do wish you the best.

Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Thanks snoozin. I bought the apartment from his brother -in - law who wanted a divorce from Ahmed's sister. I actually saw it as a money saving idea. How foolish I have been. My friends tell me to contact the embassy but I don't want anyone to get into trouble / go to jail etc. It isn't my way
daria1975
Member # 6244

Live and learn. Please don't think of yourself as foolish. I'm sorry you have the double whammy of heartbreak and financial issues to deal with.

Do take care of yourself, though.

Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Thanks for that. I hope others who are living in Luxor can help with some wise words.
daria1975
Member # 6244

There is one woman here who lives in Luxor, called Akshar. She's british I think. She doesn't seem to post very much anymore.

She's got a website, perhaps you could e-mail her there and ask her advice. I don't know if she can help you, but perhaps she knows people -- real estate agents -- that you could contact.

http://www.flatsinluxor.co.uk/ContactUs.html

Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Snoozin, you're a star. Thanks for your help
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jengem - you need to find an Egyptian in Luxor that you can really trust. We live in Hurghada, but my husband is from Luxor and he will be there Wednesday and Thursday next week. If you need his help send me a PM
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jengem
try going to http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/ and post your question on their forums.

There are lots of people who live in Luxor on that forum, and someone may be able to help you.

Good luck

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with snoozin..contact akshar..she is very knowledable..she will help you..

--------------------
life life long, for it is short...pandora

Posts: 98 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually go start to your embassy and ask for 'legal' advice, your embassy will direct you to a reputable lawyer.

Which is exactly what Akshar should've done.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jengem
Member # 10164

Member Rated:
Thanks all of you. I tried phoning Ahmed yesterday but he's not answering. I think he knows what's about to happen and I don't want things to turn nasty. Samakwish, it's kind of you to offer some help and I may need some advice in the future. I phoned the embassy for advice and they gave me some numbers for lawyers who want a considerable retainer up front. I can't afford that kind of money right now. I'm beginning to think that maybe it was a bit of a con but i'm not sure. I'm one of those people who just trust everyone and than get kicked in the teeth. I really appreciate all of you for replying and pointing me in the right direction.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My suggestion was to use the Honoury British Consulate in Luxor Mr Gaddis for advice. He would be able to adivse you of lawyers in Luxor that could help and exaclty what steps you could take that are feasible in your situation.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Thanks, Akshar. [Smile]

I hope you didn't mind my posting your contact information. I just figured, who better than a British person in Luxor to help another British person with problems in Luxor? [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com