EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » how do u clean it.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do u clean it.....
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a pan thats been burned?

it all black now, i cant scrub it off.... left it in water for one week, it still dont scrub....

any trade-secrets [Wink]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it copper-bottomed? I salvaged a copper-bottom pan by using a CORDLESS DRILL with the WIRE BRUSH bit. Takes it right down to the metal.
You tried steel wool pads?
If its a coated pan, you should toss it. You don't want to eat coating stuff that is flaking off the pan.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heat it up .. and then put it in warm water immediatly..
works for me
[Smile]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is the stuff burned on the inside? pour about 1/4 box of baking soda inside, add water, and boil about 10 minutes. Should come out.

Outside? pour either salt or baking soda on the bottom of the pan and add vinegar......scrub.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a drill to clean a bludy pan [Eek!] wow....

it just a normal silver metalic pan...im u guna buy baking soda just to clean a pan....and it in the inside...

ill try serens one...seems the easist method
cheers everyone [Wink]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nighty night from the valleys of ireland [Smile]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen Bee! Thats a mean cleaning secret there-you should team up with a homeware show!!!Good thinking ..I would never have thought of that.
Martha Stewart is your slave!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to soak it in the detergent that is normally used for dishwashers – it's more aggressive than normal dishwashing detergent.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
a pan thats been burned?

it all black now, i cant scrub it off.... left it in water for one week, it still dont scrub....

any trade-secrets [Wink]

Get married - and let your wife cook and clean for you. [Wink]

Oh my, you left that thing for a whole week soaking in water? [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know how to clean the bottom of an iron if it's burnt? I can't find anything in the shops to do this.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it helps I can tell you that I use detergents of the "Smak" range and all detergents are really very very good.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
Anyone know how to clean the bottom of an iron if it's burnt? I can't find anything in the shops to do this.

Where are you? There is a wonderful product sold here in the States....I can't remember it's name, but I'll look for you.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:

If it's not a totally burnt, just from the iron being too hot when you were ironing some clothes, I heat the iron a little and rub it off with a tissue/kitchen paper, it usually works. I think I also heard that lemon juice helps.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin and Karla - I am in Hurghada that's why I can't find any products in the shops!
[Frown]
Will try newcomer's method.
Thanks for your help

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
a pan thats been burned?

any trade-secrets [Wink]

And when she gets sick of him and his mess she can just throw him in the same pot, heat and serve! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackmagnolia2004
Member # 9802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagnolia2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Kleen King (blue is for stainless steel and copper and red is for aluminum)
Posts: 15 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Great idea. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing more effective and quick than filling with cold water!! add half a cup of biological washing powder and leave for a few hours!! hey presto!! sit the iron in it too!! Works everytime with baking roasting trays for me. [Wink]
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
quote:

Great idea. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
What's wrong with that? Although cooking is definitely not one of my hobbies as being a housewife I do want to make sure my husband and kids are well fed.

And I seriously believe that men can't survive without women - in ANY way..... [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
What's wrong with that?

It sounded like "Get a maid" ...
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Okay, I didn't want to mention the third thing...... [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com