EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What do you miss?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you miss?
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

Lets talk about items, just anything, what do you miss when you are back home and then what do you miss in Egypt, what you canīt have there.

I will start:)

When I am home I miss:
- weather, sun, sea, living outdoors
-possibility to wear summer clothes
-fresh fruits, dining outside
-lively lifestyle, always people around
-ha ha, better looking men;)
-exptic spirit and feeling what is impossible to describe:)

I havenīt lived in Egy, so I canīt say what I would miss in Finland...Maybe family, freds, cleaniness, dark bread, sauna...

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I was in Egypt I missed...

-toilets that always flush
-hot showers anytime I want
-toilet paper
-food without loads of semnah and oil
-indoor heating
-weekly garbage pick up (the stench of the garbage heaps were sometimes unbearable)
-paved roads so I don't have to dodge huge mud puddles when I walk.
-more organization on the road, the space between cars was too close for comfort

Things I've missed since I've been back home...

-My husband, the most loving, caring, gentle, respectful, understanding, funny, intelligent, sexy man alive!
-My inlaws, who are more loving and caring than my own family..the best people in the world!
-The people, most people were warm and friendly
-The incredible sense of humor, my husband and family are hilarious as are most Egyptians.
-The beds and heavy blankets (love them!!!)
-The safety
-The way people talked while doing business transations...bikam ya basha? bikam ya gameel? Allah yabarak feek, Allah kareemic...too cute!
-Having tea all day long
-World class falafel (tamiyya)
-Outdoor cafes
-Mango ice cream, yum!
-Staying up until fajr and sleeping until dhur
-Having the adhan wake you up for dhur
-Beeping horns and the inventive ways of decorating taxis and microbus's
-Produce vendors announcing what they sell with microphones
-Hanging out on the roof and feeding chickens, geese and turkeys up there
-Roosters crowing
-Impromtu dancing parties in the living room, my sister Fayrouz is the best dancer! My husband is pretty damn good too..grrrrrraarrrr sexy!
-Bazaars, Khan el khalili in particular
-Everyone walking hand in hand
-Kissing on the cheeks as a greeting

I could go on all day, I love Egypt so much, it was heartbreaking to leave. Now that I'm married to an Egyptian I have an excuse to go back! I wouldn't mind staying there permanently one day.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
---
Member # 9766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ---         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I am in Egypt, I miss the clean streets, the modern life and what it can give you of comfort, and getting things done real fast. I also miss being dressed up in shorts, and anything casual I can find. I miss having no strict rules, I can walk with my wife hand in hand, I can kiss her, or hug her in pubic if I want, and no one cares.

When I am home; the most thing I miss is the Nile, I have always had this deep, passionate love for the Nile, I can look at it forever and don't get tired. I miss the kind, friendly, average person on the street. I miss the simple life, the neighbors, the jokes, and laughs. I miss the sleepless nights, sugarcane and mango juice, doom, falafel and fool sandwiches, and Egyptian music everywhere. I miss home, far away from home.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I miss aseer asab and aseer manga! I can get mango juice here but it's not the same. God, how much I miss Egypt.

quote:
Originally posted by Watchdog33:
When I am in Egypt, I miss the clean streets, the modern life and what it can give you of comfort, and getting things done real fast. I also miss being dressed up in shorts, and anything casual I can find. I miss having no strict rules, I can walk with my wife hand in hand, I can kiss her, or hug her in pubic if I want, and no one cares.

When I am home; the most thing I miss is the Nile, I have always had this deep, passionate love for the Nile, I can look at it forever and don't get tired. I miss the kind, friendly, average person on the street. I miss the simple life, the neighbors, the jokes, and laughs. I miss the sleepless nights, sugarcane and mango juice, doom, falafel and fool sandwiches, and Egyptian music everywhere. I miss home, far away from home.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com