This is topic Anthropology of Beauty in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001040

Posted by Anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

So here is a weird question everyone:

I was reading an old book about the art of love-making when I came across a very peculiar line that went something like this:

"Arabs find soft/voluptous/fat/chubby women more sexy than other types of women"

Then I heard a story about a woman who went to Cairo last year and she had this same impression being herself a "soft" woman. She even had a very bizarre compliment once as she was walking in down town Cairo when some "gentleman" called out to her "I LOVE YOUR FAT; IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!"

So here's the question: Is the western "crime" of being fat actually just a benefit in Egypt???

Yes this is a good point.

This brings up the subject of how ideas of beauty are shaped by cultural processes, and it seems also by globalization, in comparison to your idea about how Western ideas of beauty are being imported to Egypt.

But yet again, research has shown that international phenomena that is diffused is not percieved and understood in the same way by different local cultures.

So in Egypt is it becoming more desireable to be thin or is this idea modified in some ways by Egyptian culture?

And also of course your comment about voluptous women being more attractive in developing countries is very interesting! Why is this? And why are we so obsessed with being thin in these "developed" countries?

Posted by minry80 (Member # 8287) on :

In my experience here, I have found that most guys think that girls who are "model skinny" aren't pretty at all. They like girls who have curves but are not obese.

Posted by sonomod (Member # 3864) on :

I have a curvy figure. I also have alot of muscle that isn't defined like a body-builders.

I have T&A and a pretty face.

My in-laws thought I was the perfect baby machine and are actually very angry that I won't have more children.

And I am sick and tired of being something to look at.

Yes they really like a woman who is meaty and with a trunk in the back and rack in the front.

It really does come from the middle ages when in Al-Fustat soft women with curves were heavily desired.

For both baby making and because its a symbol of wealth.

China has the same preference.

Do they like girls with short-hair?

Posted by Sam on line (Member # 8513) on :

quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
In my experience here, I have found that most guys think that girls who are "model skinny" aren't pretty at all. They like girls who have curves but are not obese.

I guess that is right, there must be qualifications [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

Its okay if you've had a child already.

But not if you are single or not yet a mother.

quote:
Originally posted by Sam on line:
quote:

And qualifications for men too.

I don't know how a woman can handle being intimate with a guy who is ugly or skinny or too fat.

And small! Yuck! [Eek!]

quote:

long hair is always a privilege

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:
quote:

And qualifications for men too.

I don't know how a woman can handle being intimate with a guy who is ugly or skinny or too fat.

And small! Yuck! [Eek!]

A man always has to be in a good shape, being fat is always recognized as sort of laziness. Girls always like guys with muscels ,or even not fat with big kersh

But how much fat is ok? or even attractive?

quote:

proportional, and it differs from one to another in regarding to what extent it is attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
quote:

///////////////////
Should be that the person just eat and stay healthy for medical reasons. and i speak for my self as well..

I did not get you Janna,you mean you are keeping control of your diet but can't excercize

quote:
quote:

I did not get you Janna,you mean you are keeping control of your diet but can't excercize
//////////

for now i can't excercize.. i have a work injury that is preventing me to do anything.. will start therapy for my right arm soon.. and i have a few slip disc on the left neck area-which the Dr. will not allow any therapy on that side. as for the diet-- hmm, not really in the mood to eat much due to the medications.. but, i do try to eat healthy. I have to since my metabolism have slow down.

I do have a weakness for chocolate [Frown]
[/QUOTE]

I hope you get better soon Janna, sorry to hear so . But i want you to cheer up and believe that it is gonna be better, we have to believe in tomorrow .
Regarding chocolate ..... an opposite to you [Smile] , I have power over chocolate and ice cream which all people like. I don't know why . But you know ,i guess most females love chocolate to the maximum [Cool]
May be sweet ones love sweet things [Wink]

Posted by kaldoais (Member # 8386) on :

Most of them like long hair. I think most men in general prefer longer hair.

quote:

Posted by Tiger1225 (Member # 9196) on :

quote:

I was reading an old book about the art of love-making when I came across a very peculiar line that went something like this:

"Arabs find soft/voluptous/fat/chubby women more sexy than other types of women"

Then I heard a story about a woman who went to Cairo last year and she had this same impression being herself a "soft" woman. She even had a very bizarre compliment once as she was walking in down town Cairo when some "gentleman" called out to her "I LOVE YOUR FAT; IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!"

So here's the question: Is the western "crime" of being fat actually just a benefit in Egypt???

I will never eat something bigger than my head or carry something heavier than me...only a preference........

Posted by Tiger1225 (Member # 9196) on :

quote:

between size 8 and size 12

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger1225:
quote:

And the bigger her tits the more weight she can carry and look attractive.

My SIL is a size larger than me, but has a larger and better cleavage rack, so she can pull of the Mae West look better than I can.

Posted by sin-dee (Member # 5854) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger1225:
quote:

Size 12 seems kinda big to me even for Americans. I wear a size 4 and I am 5ft 6 and believe me I am far from skinny...

Posted by KeepinItReal (Member # 7946) on :

quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
[QUOTE]Size 12 seems kinda big to me even for Americans. I wear a size 4 and I am 5ft 6 and believe me I am far from skinny...

[Eek!] You're a size 4 and 5'6!!! Girl, you're skinny now stop that!!

Posted by KeepinItReal (Member # 7946) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

Yes, that is average Susan- as long as u don't have a bunch of babies....

Personally, I care more about health than size. [Wink]
For sure, plus quality of life. I would hate to worry about every calorie I put in my mouth. I eat healthy and take care of myself. It's all about moderation and portions.

quote:
quote:
Size 12 seems kinda big to me even for Americans. I wear a size 4 and I am 5ft 6 and I believe me I am far from skinny...

Are you American? [Confused]

The average American woman is 5'4", weighs 140, and wears a size 14...last time I checked.

Not that the above figures are healthy -- but if you wear a 4 at that height, I think you must be on the thin side. The average model on the other hand is 5'11" and 117 pounds....is that what you are comparing yourself to? Don't.

what's your BMI?

Yes I am American. America is an overweight society. But i am just lucky, I guess.
Snoozin, I wasn't comparing myself to anyone, just stating that I am not skinny even in a size 4. I am not sure of my BMI but I do have "love handles" although not large. And I weigh 120lbs.
I will admit back in high school I was very skinny with no shape at all. After I had a child I developed curves and added some meat to my bones. My friends even say I look like I weigh more than I actually do. I also hike often so I do try to get as much exercise as possible. But I do eat whatever I want, when I want....

Posted by karla (Member # 5472) on :

I'm so confuse about american size...what means size 4 or 14? What is the european correspondent?

Posted by _Masrawi_ (Member # 9597) on :

I'm shallow enough to admit that i like them thin ... [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posted by Asooma (Member # 8611) on :

quote:

Yeah here it Egypt they do care about certain qualification, such as boobs and a** but I don’t think the word FAT, is something proper and accepted…i think this is a taste, it depends it the family's background...

Posted by Sadeeqy (Member # 9759) on :

quote:
I'm so confuse about american size...what means size 4 or 14? What is the european correspondent?
Karla, you can see here the matching sizes. But believe me, you don't want to do that. You will feel so....well, at least you may be thin..... [Frown] [Frown]

http://www.usatourist.com/english/tips/sizes.html

quote:
quote:
Yes I am American. America is an overweight society. But i am just lucky, I guess.
Snoozin, I wasn't comparing myself to anyone, just stating that I am not skinny even in a size 4. I am not sure of my BMI but I do have "love handles" although not large. And I weigh 120lbs.
I will admit back in high school I was very skinny with no shape at all. After I had a child I developed curves and added some meat to my bones. My friends even say I look like I weigh more than I actually do. I also hike often so I do try to get as much exercise as possible. But I do eat whatever I want, when I want....

I just don't want you to have a bad body image, that's all. [Wink]
Thanks Snoozin, You always seem to care about other people and that is so rare to find someone like yourself these days. I know I don't post here that often but I do try to keep up on what's going on.
Anyways, I am happy with my size and even if I gained another 5 pounds it would be no big deal to me.

quote:

I think its funny how so many people think Americans are so overweight.

What makes a massive difference between America and the rest of the west is the fact that we have many people who are 700-1300 lbs. Those people definately are taken as part of the surveyed percentage.

In most western nations due to socialized health care these massive ananomolies the size of small trucks often either suicide themselves or a humane doctor does.

I am a size 12-14 and I am only 5'3". People and my physcian think (until the doc weighs me and freaks out) that I weigh 40 lbs lighter than I am.

Its due to the fact that my bones weigh 3 times more than the average person and my muscle mass is really dense. I had some serious issue with that stupid ultrasound machine when I was getting a scan done during pregnancy. The ultrasound tech was going nuts because my pelvic bones were so dense that she couldn't get a proper scanned image.

So it doesn't really matter what those stupid charts say, what your BMI index is.

Americans are built better, have bigger frames and more muscle. We can't help it, we were the serf or underclass in Europe so we are built for work. Most of Europe didn't have the tough existance we did so they aren't as well built.

quote:
Cool, I'm glad. [Smile]

Yes, what is it? 60% of Americans are overweight and they probably hate their bodies. Then there are *normal* sized people who also sometimes hate their bodies because they don't look like Misha Barton or some other famous model or actress. It bugs me that women are their own worst critics sometimes.

We should all think we are beautiful, because we are. [Smile]

I love my body the way it is.

I have nice tits and really nice cabooze.

Meet quite a few European men as international students couldn't get over the fact that after f*cking an American woman he didn't have bruises on his pelvis. He said he lasted longer too.

Being shaped like a real woman has its advantages.

Posted by Truva (Member # 9114) on :

I m a 33 year old Turkish Female Tour Guide and traveling around the world.
When I come to Egypt every year, I feel really good:))
I m tall, not fat and not thin, have black hair and green eyes.
Look a little bit like an Egyptian.
I had lots of marriage offers and was offered thousands of camels:))

Posted by karla (Member # 5472) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:
Karla, you can see here the matching sizes. But believe me, you don't want to do that. You will feel so....well, at least you may be thin..... [Frown] [Frown]

http://www.usatourist.com/english/tips/sizes.html

Thanks Sadeeqy! Means that my size is 10 in USAand 12 in UK [Cool]

quote:
Originally posted by Truva:
I m a 33 year old Turkish Female Tour Guide and traveling around the world.
When I come to Egypt every year, I feel really good:))
I m tall, not fat and not thin, have black hair and green eyes.
Look a little bit like an Egyptian.
I had lots of marriage offers and was offered thousands of camels:))

Three legged camels?

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

Sonomond, centuries after immigrating you are still serf and underclass. Your assertation that the Europeans didn't have it as tough as American settlers is HILARIOUS. Crack a book sister, Europe has been sustaining for CENTURIES longer than the US, and endured economic insanity over and over. No, it's the US that doens't "get it" as far as surviving poverty and lean times. Have another corn chip and some soda.

5'3 and a size 14 is fat. Not a nice rack and caboose, its fat.

Your difference in bone density (if correct) would account for a minor weight flutuation (how did you arrive at the 3x more weight in bone than others? Have one removed and studied?) Im sure the docotrs are very interested in your rare condition. Your "dense" muscle doesn't weigh more than other tissue, it weighs what it weighs. A lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle. In fact, if you had that much dense muscle you would be leaner looking because a lb of muscle is SMALLER than a lb of fat in mass. Stating statistics as being incorrect because of the factoring in of the morbidly obese is just a dodge. You surely are the only one with such a unique reason for being fat, you have heavier bones and muscles so you HAVE to be fat? HA, you can say you love yourself the way you are, but as nasty as you are on these boards and the venom you spew about your husband show us how unhappy you are and how unloved you are feeling.

You talk so coarsely about intimacy I am embarassed for you. I can't imagine that you are a soft or feminine lover to your husband.

There is nothing wrong with having an "average" figure, but I assure you that not all Egyptian men and families embrace the look of a lazy undisciplined woman. Your anger makes sense when I factor in that you probably don't like how you look either. Your husband and you fight over other issues, but I wonder what effect you dropping 20lbs would have on your intimate relationship, as well as the way he speaks to you.

We are very careful with our diets and make sure to excercise together daily, if we can't get to the gym, we take lovely long after dinner walks. Bundle up if its cold! Our relationship is WONDERFUL and our intimate life couldn't be any more lovely.

You can deny and snap at me all you please, but look deeper and find out why you have padded yourself with all of this "armour". What are you hiding underneath it from, and what does it protect you from?

Posted by frienda (Member # 7776) on :

I don't think that fat is really appreciated anywhere in the west nor east. What I mean by fat is like excess fat like they did in the medieval ages. When I was in Egypt most of the girls my age were eating very carefully to keep their figure nice.

Last week, the magazine that I work for named Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty the most innovative ad campaign of the year. Basically what Dove Co. is trying to do change the way women think of themselves by using ordinary women who have curves, freckles, wrinkles, and cellulite in its advertising spots. They have these ads on billboards and underground transit locales. What prompted them to do this campaign was that they did a study on 3,200 women in 10 countries and they found that only 2 percent of the women surveyed consider themselves beautiful and only 9 percent feel comfortable describing themselves as attractive. Skeptics don't think that this ad will change the face of any high fashion magazine but they are hoping that girls will think that not being 5'11, young and size 6 is an okay thing. Of course then we did the complete opposite and featured a size 4, 16 yr old girl on the next page.

I was very shocked that so many women in this world have such a low self-esteem. I'm also very surprised that women pay so much attention to the media and are influenced by it so easily. That would explain why the cosmetic surgery, psychological therapy and anti-aging beauty treatments are now a billion dollar industry.

When I attended fashion school there was a study in my Psychology of Beauty book that talked about how beautiful people are treated versus unnattractive people and the true definition of beauty. It gave the definition of beauty in terms of mathematical ratios. There is such a thing and it's so strange. I don't remember the exact ratios. But what they do is measure your height and divide it by your chest, waist and hips. If it's on this ratio scale then you are universally considered attractive. Also there was a ratio scale on facial features. Basically several psychologists from around the world did a theory on this and found that these ratios defined what beauty was regardless of your race, age, hair texture etc. I also read in Psychology Today that children even babies will stare at a woman who is considered beautiful which means full lips, high cheekbones and curved eyes. This book also went into detail about how beautiful and non-beautiful people are treated in society. Pretty people have more job opportunities, greater social life, have a much higher chance of marrying into a higher econmic strata and earn much more than someone who is not pretty. How weird but true is that!

I wish I could find this book. If any of you all know about this book which I believe was published in the early 90's send me a message about it. I've seen quotes of this book in high fashion magazines but have yet to find the entire book.

quote:

Posted by Horemheb (Member # 3361) on :

Good points Susan, it might also depend on what time it is and what time the bar closes. Along about 1:30 standards start going down quite a bit.

Posted by Ki$$7eaven (Member # 7854) on :

quote:
Cool, I'm glad. [Smile]

Yes, what is it? 60% of Americans are overweight and they probably hate their bodies. Then there are *normal* sized people who also.....

What is *normal*.....if 60% are overwieght isnint that the *new* *noraml*...in US [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
Sonomond, centuries after immigrating you are still serf and underclass. Your assertation that the Europeans didn't have it as tough as American settlers is HILARIOUS. Crack a book sister, Europe has been sustaining for CENTURIES longer than the US, and endured economic insanity over and over. No, it's the US that doens't "get it" as far as surviving poverty and lean times. Have another corn chip and some soda.

5'3 and a size 14 is fat. Not a nice rack and caboose, its fat.

Your difference in bone density (if correct) would account for a minor weight flutuation (how did you arrive at the 3x more weight in bone than others? Have one removed and studied?) Im sure the docotrs are very interested in your rare condition. Your "dense" muscle doesn't weigh more than other tissue, it weighs what it weighs. A lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle. In fact, if you had that much dense muscle you would be leaner looking because a lb of muscle is SMALLER than a lb of fat in mass. Stating statistics as being incorrect because of the factoring in of the morbidly obese is just a dodge. You surely are the only one with such a unique reason for being fat, you have heavier bones and muscles so you HAVE to be fat? HA, you can say you love yourself the way you are, but as nasty as you are on these boards and the venom you spew about your husband show us how unhappy you are and how unloved you are feeling.

You talk so coarsely about intimacy I am embarassed for you. I can't imagine that you are a soft or feminine lover to your husband.

There is nothing wrong with having an "average" figure, but I assure you that not all Egyptian men and families embrace the look of a lazy undisciplined woman. Your anger makes sense when I factor in that you probably don't like how you look either. Your husband and you fight over other issues, but I wonder what effect you dropping 20lbs would have on your intimate relationship, as well as the way he speaks to you.

We are very careful with our diets and make sure to excercise together daily, if we can't get to the gym, we take lovely long after dinner walks. Bundle up if its cold! Our relationship is WONDERFUL and our intimate life couldn't be any more lovely.

You can deny and snap at me all you please, but look deeper and find out why you have padded yourself with all of this "armour". What are you hiding underneath it from, and what does it protect you from?

Europeans are still opportunists and they are still trying to take advantage of the world.

I hve read your past posts and I understand why you attack me and my nation.

Just because you European chicks are being taken advantage of by gold digging gigilos doesn't mean they actually prefer Europeans.

It just means for the pain of being exposed to a skinny male like body they will make sure there is monetary gain involved.

Posted by - Maz - (Member # 9764) on :

Hello I'm new to this, this is an interesting conversation [Smile] I would say egys like white and blond women, rather than chubby ones, because being white and blond is a sign of beauty here..

quote:
Originally posted by - Maz -:
Hello I'm new to this, this is an interesting conversation [Smile] I would say egys like white and blond women, rather than chubby ones, because being white and blond is a sign of beauty here..

Well that will explain why I had the words "Nancy Ajram" sneered at me so many times.

Yeah thats one nice thing about the Hijab, less attention.

I like Nancy Agram, but prefer Haifa Wahby lol But I think they can't compete with Nicole Kidman [Smile]

quote:
egys like white and blond women, rather than chubby ones

hmmm .... [Confused]

Hallo Masrawi, nice talking to you, do you disagree, or is it that i didn't explain myself properly?

quote:
Hallo Masrawi, nice talking to you, do you disagree, or is it that i didn't explain myself properly?

the second ...

ok.. let's see.. what i was trying to say is that.. in my humble opinion [Smile] .. i think that a white woman is usually considered as more beautiful by an egyptian man.. on tv you will see many white actresses and few bronze to dark skinned ones.. and then all the adds about how women can make the skin brighter.. should i give more examples?

yes, and who is more beautiful:
chubby, blond, white, tall women
or
chubby, blond, white, little women?

True, many times we do tend to like the unusual.. But then.. the unusual in Egypt would not only be the white woman, but also the african one, and the asian one.. and i think an egyptian man likes the white woman more, even though all three are unusual.. but of course i am generalizing, because at the end it's a matter of individual tastes..

no Snoozin ... it's like u guys were saying earlier. what's rare is always more preferrable. so in egypt, fair skin (and not necessarily western white) is considered favorable to tanned skin. and naturally blondish hair more favorable to darker hair. same with colored eyes.

Now that freaking wedding song. You know the line about the bride being "fair" and lovely?

I saw that awful film last night with my husband, you know the film about the "Blue Movie"?

It was done in 2001 with a few really good young actors.

Basically its a movie about 3 young guys who don't have girlfriends never kissed a woman, held a woman's hand and are chasing around Cairo and other Egyptian cities in the quest for a porno film to watch.

Actually its pretty funny.

Somehow we managed to watch it together without getting into an arguement over feminism.

But why does that wedding song refer to the bride as "fair"?

Yes, size 14 is the new normal for American women which means that yes, they are part of the 60% that are overweight. Also, a size 14 american is not the same as a size 14 European which i think is a size 48. A size 14 in the US is grossly huge especially when you take into consideration if they are under 5'8. The fit of a size 14 American means huge hips, lots of extra fabric for the bum and not much accentuation on the waist because more than likely the waist of these women is no longer subtely defined. A size 48 European is large however the clothing is well proportioned and accentuates the curves that the woman has and has a longer inseam because more than likely if she wears a larger size than she is probably tall. Clothing lines specifically design apparel for American women's versus European and S.American women because so many American women are overweight and don't take care of their appearance.
quote:
Originally posted by Ki$$7eaven:
quote:
Cool, I'm glad. [Smile]

Yes, what is it? 60% of Americans are overweight and they probably hate their bodies. Then there are *normal* sized people who also.....

What is *normal*.....if 60% are overwieght isnint that the *new* *noraml*...in US [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

I am olive skinned, long black hair, and have pale green eyes. I am Native American and Irish. I wear a size 8 and am 5'8. My husband is Egyptian and Turkish. He is very tall and lean, 6'2 195 and black haired brown eyed and olive skinned as well. We look like Omar Sharif and Sophia Loren, and I LOVE how he looks, and he calls me his "Playboy" wife. Looks attracted us to each other initially, and the process of falling in love has made us even MORE attracitve to each other. I work a full time job, as does he, but when I get home first at night, I am sure to tidy the house start the water for tea, and change into something attractive that will please him to see. He makes me RUN towards my femininity, and the more I am feminine, the more MASCULINE and sexy he gets. We make it a point to STAY physical when we are together, we are constantly touching.

Good lord I can argue all day with people at work, when I get home I want love and laughter.

We are two of the happiest people we know. Always.

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
I am olive skinned, long black hair, and have pale green eyes. I am Native American and Irish. I wear a size 8 and am 5'8. My husband is Egyptian and Turkish. He is very tall and lean, 6'2 195 and black haired brown eyed and olive skinned as well. We look like Omar Sharif and Sophia Loren, and I LOVE how he looks, and he calls me his "Playboy" wife. Looks attracted us to each other initially, and the process of falling in love has made us even MORE attracitve to each other. I work a full time job, as does he, but when I get home first at night, I am sure to tidy the house start the water for tea, and change into something attractive that will please him to see. He makes me RUN towards my femininity, and the more I am feminine, the more MASCULINE and sexy he gets. We make it a point to STAY physical when we are together, we are constantly touching.

Good lord I can argue all day with people at work, when I get home I want love and laughter.

We are two of the happiest people we know. Always.

And i am the King of Norway ... nice to meet u.

Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, have very plain jane facial features,absolutely no social grace or class,and have heaps of psychological and family issues. I knew this one Palestinian guy who was engaged to this blonde who already had 4 kids from 4 different men, one Pakistani who is dating this psychotic highly drugg addicted blond and I can continue and continue with these examples. Even when I was in Egypt, I saw this couple at the train station, the guy was Egyptian and the girl was another run of the mill Wal-Mart blonde. I don't know how a man could be proud to have such kind of women next to him. I often wonder why they don't date the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine if they really want to have a blonde next to their arm. I have never seen an Arab date a beautiful white woman here in America. Can you explain this theory to me?

quote:

Posted by Snoozin (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
Originally posted by frienda:
Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, have very plain jane facial features,absolutely no social grace or class,and have heaps of psychological and family issues. I knew this one Palestinian guy who was engaged to this blonde who already had 4 kids from 4 different men, one Pakistani who is dating this psychotic highly drugg addicted blond and I can continue and continue with these examples. Even when I was in Egypt, I saw this couple at the train station, the guy was Egyptian and the girl was another run of the mill Wal-Mart blonde. I don't know how a man could be proud to have such kind of women next to him. I often wonder why they don't date the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine if they really want to have a blonde next to their arm. I have never seen an Arab date a beautiful white woman here in America. Can you explain this theory to me?
[

Don't you think that is more of a *class* issue than a cultural issue? Oh I know I sound like a total snob, but what kind of educational and professional backgrounds do these guys have who are tramping around with the *What Not To Wear* crowd? [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
[

Don't you think that is more of a *class* issue than a cultural issue? Oh I know I sound like a total snob, but what kind of educational and professional backgrounds do these guys have who are tramping around with the *What Not To Wear* crowd? [Big Grin]
This is SUCH a complicated issue that i dare not touch it ...

Having said that, let me assure u that i did date the "beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" and not the "Wal-Mart blondes". [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Having said that, let me assure u that i did date the "beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" and not the "Wal-Mart blondes". [Big Grin]

So you are confirming my theory...at least on your end.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

So you are confirming my theory...at least on your end.
How so?

Posted by Schwarma (Member # 9632) on :

Your Highness, I am pleased to meet you!

quote:
Originally posted by Schwarma:
Your Highness, I am pleased to meet you!

Nice to meet you too ...

quote:

quote:

Frienda,

I don't know about Dallas but I live in Atlanta
and I know several Arab/Egyptians here that have very nice looking girlfriends.....

Posted by Melati (Member # 9610) on :

Well here in Sydney the arab guys tend to go for the lean and long western girls-not necessarily blond. You wouldnt see too many " wal mart" ( is that like kmart?)
varieties to be honest. We are an outdoor beach nation here on the coast so we do compete against each other to look slim-competitive pilates and yoga LOL.
I have noticed though that it is the african boys and sometimes north african eg algerians //morrocans who seem to exclusively prefer blonde girlfriends who are shall we say on the heavier side.I always thought it was the skin contrasts that was the attraction? I dont know-my ex husband is chinese indonesian and you sure dont see many of them with a big hefferlump on their arms-that would be totally out of propertion!!!!
Blondes here in sydney tend to age really quickly due to the harsh sun. Its actually better to be not, or to stay out of the sun as much as you possibly possibly can.I always think brunettes are more attractive anyhow( yes because I am one haha)

Yea, when I lived in Australia I noticed that the blondes aged super quick. Of course, this is the country with the highest skin cancer. When I came back to the US from OZ, everyone was surprised by how dark my skin had become. I had never been so dark in my life before. The sun is super strong. However, the men look super cute as they age over there. I never really spent time in Sydney actually one night to be honest. I ended up living in Melbourne for 2 months and my agency could'nt find enough work for me. So my roomate who was from Perth suggested I become a bartender in the Western Australian outback so I did, and it was probably the best time of my life! I love Western Australia. It's so isolated and the people are sooo nice and real. However, I never met any Americans and not that many foreigners there and that's mostly because they visit the East Coast. Are you originally from Australia or did you emigrate there? I'm considering going back to either Broome or the Kimberely region to bartend for half a year or so. It's such a beautiful part of the world!
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
Well here in Sydney the arab guys tend to go for the lean and long western girls-not necessarily blond. You wouldnt see too many " wal mart" ( is that like kmart?)
varieties to be honest. We are an outdoor beach nation here on the coast so we do compete against each other to look slim-competitive pilates and yoga LOL.
I have noticed though that it is the african boys and sometimes north african eg algerians //morrocans who seem to exclusively prefer blonde girlfriends who are shall we say on the heavier side.I always thought it was the skin contrasts that was the attraction? I dont know-my ex husband is chinese indonesian and you sure dont see many of them with a big hefferlump on their arms-that would be totally out of propertion!!!!
Blondes here in sydney tend to age really quickly due to the harsh sun. Its actually better to be not, or to stay out of the sun as much as you possibly possibly can.I always think brunettes are more attractive anyhow( yes because I am one haha)

Posted by Ngeg (Member # 1271) on :

quote:
I like Nancy Agram, but prefer Haifa Wahby lol But I think they can't compete with Nicole Kidman [Smile]

This only proves that ur taste sucks! Nicole Kidman is soooooo ugly! I think she s one of the ugliest women alive... If u had mentioned Missy Eliot I'd still think u made a point. But Nicole kidman!!! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!
Thank you god for saving Tom Cruise.

quote:
Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, ....

Here in Dubai I have noticed that Egyptians don't have the greatest taste when it comes to women. BUT lebanese guys always hang out with the best looking girls ever.
They are even picky when it comes to one night stands!!
And it's amazing how "foreign/blond/white skinned" women fall for lebanese.

But when it comes to rich foreign khaliji/Emiratis, they RARELY go for "foreign" women. Usually Lebanese, Egyptian, Moroccan and Iranians.

I'd say from a female point of view, Iranian women are perfection when it comes to beauty. And I find that Iranian women here are every European/white skinned/"foreign" man's dream.
Generalization for the sake of the topic of course.

Hi Ngeg,

Nice talking to you for the first time, and I'm really sorry that you don't like my taste.

But I really find Nicole Kidman very classy, pretty, and attractive. I like the way she acts, and had a big crush on her when I was 14 [Smile]

Of course she's not the only woman in the world I find attractive. It's just that I tried to give (maybe somewhat.. I'd say.. unsuccessfully) an example.

It's interesting you mentioned Iranian women, because (sorry for my ignorance) I haven't had any interaction with any Iranian woman till very recently, and yes.. you are right.. many of them are really pretty. The other "discovery" I recently made are Pakistani women, some of them are very attractive too.

But at the end I would say that beauty is in the famous eye of the beholder - or do we exist in the eyes of the others? (Do you know the song of The Sisters of Mercy called "When you don't see me"?)

It was nice talking to you and I wish you a beautiful Monday.

Maz

Hi Frienda,

Sorry for my late reply, but i wasn't online in the last days - too much work and not enough coffee lol

Well, to start with, I'm Egyptian / German, and lived in 6 countries so far. I have been in Egypt for a year, and look forward to my next assignment in 2006, but have no idea where "they" want to send me next.

In reply to your question, I find it is a very interesting and keen observation, and - at the risk of generalizing - I think it could also be really well applicable in a some instances.

Could it be that the people in the examples you gave are like.. well like.. shy? lol

I know my answer isn't very intelligent and seems simplistic, but could it be that they don't have the means to approach "the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" as you beautifully put it?

I mean maybe it's because they don't speak the language well, because they don't have the financial means, or because she's just too good to be true - to the extent that they become speechless at the sight of such a woman? [Smile]

Have a nice day,

Maz

quote:
Hi Ngeg,

Nice talking to you for the first time, and I'm really sorry that you don't like my taste.

It was nice talking to you and I wish you a beautiful Monday.

Maz

Mashaallah, very polite. I'm touched. It's ok if u like Nicole. She's creepy, but it's ok. Forgiven.

lol thank you [Smile]

Emirati women are attractive too, I think. I especially like the way they dress, it gives this.. I would call it.. mystery.. in my opinion [Smile] - but then I must confess that I never talked to one. Are they nice?

I like that poem ballad of the moon by lorca maz.
But I only can read it in english.

Posted by karkoora (Member # 8386) on :

Aren't there an awful lot of Egyptian men in this world? How can we say that all Egyptian men like fat blondes? Or all Egyptian men like slim blondes. Or all Egyptian men love Europeans/Americans/ etc. Why don't we take a survey here on the board. All ladies with Egyptian men give us the specifics. Height, size, hair color, hair length, eye color, etc. I'm sure we will see that Egyptian men like men all over the world have different tastes depending on the individual man. I'll go first...

Height-5'6"

Size- 12/14 (and no I don't have enormous hips and ass)

Hair color-medium chesnut brown with auburn highlights (my natural hair color is medium brown, I had blonde highlights put in it but my habibi prefers my hair dark...hmmm he's Egyptian why didn't he love the blonde [Confused] , it is no longer blonde)

hair length-I have longer hair, little bit past the shoulders with face framing layers

eye color-light brown

skin tone-fair

Okydoky-about 171 cm
size 10-12( lately toward 12....)
dark curly hair that I wear straightened-just about mid neck length, kind of choppy style shorter at the back of neck, with a long blunt fringe.
Fair skinned with freckles
green eyes

fair skinned....Melati.....how do you keep from burning there in Sydney? [Eek!]

I have to wear SPF 30 here in DC, and trust me, the sun is nowhere near as harsh here as Australia...

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Well that will explain why I had the words "Nancy Ajram" sneered at me so many times.

Yeah thats one nice thing about the Hijab, less attention.

is nancy Ajram Blond??? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
lol thank you [Smile]

Emirati women are attractive too, I think. I especially like the way they dress, it gives this.. I would call it.. mystery.. in my opinion [Smile] - but then I must confess that I never talked to one. Are they nice?

NOooooooooo

Snoozin we refuse to enter sunlight between 11 and 3 pm. We wear long cotton shirts and big floppy hats to stave off the sun and sunscreen is applied head to foot every day at least twice. Fake tanning spray in the salon is what the girlies do these days-some of them turn out ok! Still a bit orangey though...Ive never done it myself-I am not convinced the stuff wont kill you later on, but thats just me( paranoidLOL)

quote:
lol thank you [Smile]

They are! But very spoiled, too. Lots of them work in banks and government projects and foreign men working with them are driven crazy by the Emiratis exaggerated perfumes and make up. The fact that they can look, stare and even flirt with them, but never date them frustrates foreigners as well.

(Btw, lots of Emiratis and Bahrainis are mixed with Iranians)

Anyways, it's widely spread in the gulf area that kuwaiti women are the prettiest of them all.

Hi Ngeg [Smile]

It's funny you mentioned exaggerated perfumes, the secretary here is nice, but she suffocates me on a daily basis lol

I noticed many Egyptians complain about Kuwaitis and Saudi Arabians being kind of arrogant - is this true?

Bye,

Maz

quote:
Hi Ngeg [Smile]

It's funny you mentioned exaggerated perfumes, the secretary here is nice, but she suffocates me on a daily basis lol

I noticed many Egyptians complain about Kuwaitis and Saudi Arabians being kind of arrogant - is this true?

Bye,

Maz

Maz,
Like Oprah winfrey said..ppl treat u as u ALLOW them to treat you.
I don't find them arrogant when they know they r talking to a fellow human being with equal rights and obligations regardless of positions.
BUT..when a human being allows others to deal with him/her as a commodity. Hellllooooo u can sell, buy, exchange, give away or get rid of any commodity on earth. So it's no surprise u deal with "it" w an Atittude!

Plus, ppl have preferences. I could say the same about lebanese! ANYTIME! But hey, generalization is bad...so i won't.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com