EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » American Muslim woman married Egyptian Muslim recently need advice (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: American Muslim woman married Egyptian Muslim recently need advice
poohbear3117
Member # 16874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poohbear3117     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I have not written in some time. I was having some health issues. I have been doing nothing but searching all over the net. I can not find what I am looking for. Yes we got married in Cairo at the MOJ. I have asked so many times for him to send me the papers but he doesn't reply. I haven't spoken to him in months. he no longer takes my calls, no longer sends text messages and as far a I know, he no longer comes online unless he's invisible which I am sure r he changed his IM. Anyways, I spent whatever money I had to go to Egypt like an idiot and get married to someone I thought loved me and I loved him. I know he doesn't and I finally let go some time ago. I have no proof of the marriage there. No papers no nothing. He stated he didn't have the money to do it. I don't have the money to send for him to do it and I don't think he would use the money for that any ways so I am not sending it. I have a question. Since I have no papers from Egypt and I decide to marry someone here in the US, is there anyway for anyone to know about what happened in Egypt? In my passport, there is nothing different, he never bought me a wedding ring so I don't wear one. Besides, I would have sold it when I got back if he had lol. All I want is a divorce. He will not give it to me. I have asked at least 5 times now for divorce. What else can I do? I want out of this mess. I am involved with an American US man. NO I am not rushing to marriage but just asking if we decide later down the road to do so.
Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kentuckyD
Member # 13076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckyD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you have a friend in Egypt, go to the MOJ on your behalf and get a copy of it? then they can mail it to you and you can get it translated here yourself? I followed your story and it sounded to me like he was just using you. Maybe it was never officially filed and he had stopped it on those many trips out for an hour here and there.
Posts: 45 | From: Kentucky USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poohbear3117
Member # 16874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poohbear3117     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kentucky: I never thought of this. He said he was a lawyer yet I know of N lawyer ever that gets up at like say somewhere between 10 am to noon do whatever until 4 0r 5 pm, then take a few hour nap then do whatever until about 10 pm then go out to cafe's until 1, 2 or 3 am. Anyways, I don't know anyone that will do this for less then $1,000 USD. After my trip, the so called marriage crap, the rental of the flat, the food, etc. I am flat broke. Currently I am not working and so I don't have the money nor help. But since no papers were filed here in US, if I find someone else and yes I have been on dinner dates since coming back, if I do find that someone and get married, no one but me & the Egyptian man will know about what happened in Egypt. My family doesn't even know what happened there except that I spent 16 days there.
Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pooh, I'm sure you already tried and I'm stating the obvious here, but have you contacted the US Embassy in Cairo direct?

consularcairoacs@state.gov

I don't know what happens in Egypt. I don't know what happens in the US. But in the UK, folks lose their marriage certificates from time to time and apply for new ones from the registrars in the post. Does someone really have to go there in person?

What concerns me about your story is you do seem to be considering remarrying without the divorce. Bygamy is a crime and this will turn you into the bad guy, which you sound very, very far from. That leaves you wide open to blackmail if he somehow weedles his way back onto the scene and finds out that your married.

I'm really sorry to hear what's happened to you. The guy sounds like a complete a$$. But please don't go jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by madderthanamonkey:
Pooh, I'm sure you already tried and I'm stating the obvious here, but have you contacted the US Embassy in Cairo direct and explained precisely your situation?

consularcairoacs@state.gov

I don't know what happens in Egypt. I don't know what happens in the US. But in the UK, folks lose their marriage certificates from time to time and apply for new ones from the registrars in the post. Does someone really have to go there in person?

What concerns me about your story is you do seem to be considering remarrying without the divorce. Bygamy is a crime and this will turn you into the bad guy, which you sound very, very far from. That leaves you wide open to blackmail if he somehow weedles his way back onto the scene and finds out that your married.

I'm really sorry to hear what's happened to you. The guy sounds like a complete a$$. But please don't go jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
ah, must learn to post and edit properly - doh!
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Ooh. Just had a final thought. Here in the UK, if that divorce from the first wife wasn't valid, the second marriage (to you) would be considered null and void. I know you can't rely on anything he says even if you can get hold of him, but surely there's some kind of records the US Embassy in Cairo can check for you? Surely?

But, again, I wouldn't go doing anything which might make your situation worse until you've got this bit sorted out. There's nothing stopping you from having another relationship, and any guy worth his salt will understand [Smile]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can check to see if he is online here:

http://detectinvisible.com/

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
to_hell_and_back
Member # 16710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for to_hell_and_back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First u need to blame urself. WTF is wrong with u? Maybe reading ur actions will wake u up. You:
1. Travel to a whole 'nother continent just to bag a man when ther are million of em' right outside ur back door and up the street.
2. Fall in love just by talking to someone online? Like really he can tell u he is the presidents son, ya gonna believe him?
3. You smacked down a lot of money to go meet man. TO MEET A MAN!!! Shouldn't a man pay the green to meet u?

Hun Egyptian men are the worlds biggest liars and cheats. Hate to tell u but u basically fleww across the world just for a one nite stand.

Posts: 59 | From: killadelphia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoDeStY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poohbear3117:
Then a week ago he said that his ex had found a new man and he was getting the kids that Thursday. But later in the conversation he said: "Even if she comes back to live with me, that doesn't change things with us.

You seriously don't know anything about Arabic men, aint no way in hell an Arabic man takes his wife back after she *finds a new man* while still being married to him.. or let her live with him, unless he has no gheerah.

The man is playing you and you are sadly letting him, you need to check your self and find someone who is a real man.

Posts: 122 | From: Sweden + Misr | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poohbear3117
Member # 16874

Rate Member
Don't worry everyone. I am now engaged to an Indian man living in US. We have been living together for some time now. I am happily engaged to be married to him by the end of 2010. All things have been resolved with the Egyptian jerk! I will never trust another Egyptian, UK or some others as well. Thanks for the advice, good luck!
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems like you had a lucky escape poohbear3117, and I am happy you have found someone else that seems worth it,many Egyptians are only after what they can get visa Money etc, I m not saying this because of ES horror stories that are posted, I have been told this by many Egyptians also.

Of course not all Egyptians are not all like this,but I would not trust anyone on line they all sprouts out crap.You really don't know who they are or what there back ground is. Married or single.Does not matter if your the same religion,they will take everything and Ive seen that happen here in the uk.Never happen to me so what is mine belongs to me. I would never give my money or anything to anyone cause im not that stupid.

This kind of thing is not only carried out by Egyptians many other nationalities do this also.

Good luck poohbear always hold something back for yourself.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add, that poohbear you should check if in fact he got divorced. In islamic law he can marry more than one but in USA its not accepted, his first marriage unless divorce is process is considered the default marriage and your marriage would not be acknowledged, but check into it thoroughly.
Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com