EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Advice Please on Marriage (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Advice Please on Marriage
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
Originally posted by rosssa:

the only drink problem i have is two hands and only one mouth..

LoL LoL ...i might print this on my t-shirts ...Good one [Wink]
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
I love this word "OPEN LEG CULTURE" [Razz] r u open minded ??? NOOOOOO im open Leged [Wink] Nice

well I'm American, we have the 'raised middle finger' culture [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well im british... and we have churchill...

http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/VSign.Jpeg

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubyroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charm El Feikh - what a breath of fresh air! Funny enough, I have the same problem with drinking - two hands and only one mouth!!!

My guy is called Youssef and we have chatted every day since I came back. We text, phone and chat online and with webcams it's almost real! I'm starting to get sooo tired with the late chats (normally start around 2am) but I'd miss him if I didn't chat. Not to mention the fact that he'd bombard me with texts until I got my ass out of bed!

I found all the people I met in Egypt absolutely charming including the women. I'm only glad I never met rosssa while I was there or she'd have probably had me executed for being English.

I loved the weather, the people, the culture, the shops, the coral, the beaches - everything!!! I've never been to such an interesting place.

I take it you spend a lot of time out there?

Posts: 31 | From: england | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, but will be there for a year soon. i love it there too... i met loads of men there and none of them gigolos! of course most of them fell in love with me but hey.. thats natural... im damn fine!!! LOL!!!

nah... i found everyone to be really friendly, and the guys i know didnt chase women all day... they were too lazy.. too stoned... we just chilled and had a great time!

as for roSSSa... i always imagine her saying her name with a forked tongue tasting the air!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_sharm:
thank you nelle , i just said what i felt . thanks for the support samia

You're welcome!!! [Smile] and... you're right!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_sharm:
i am actually dealing with the camel dive school.

Sounds good...I'd like to teach camels to dive....
Probably better students than some humans I've had!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rossaaa
Member # 10865

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rossaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only glad I never met rosssa while I was there or she'd have probably had me executed for being English.

I would have you executed because you're English? You are so stupid and so ignorant. if you would have understand Egyptian culture a bit you would have never mentioned for example that you want to look for a hotel for you and your bf what do you think people are going to think about you? You see In Egypt usually women don’t go in the hotel with their boy friend Egypt is not UK and if you do that, you may encounter some problems, people will look at you like you are an easy girl, who is easy to sleep with, the family of your bf will never respect you, they will think that you’re an unrespectable western woman who came to Egypt only for sex. And if you find people in Egypt charming including the women, believe me they will not find you charming anymore if they know that you sleep with your bf in the hotel. And reputation in Egypt is very important especially for a woman, and this is the worse thing a woman can do in Egypt to get a bad reputation.
If you marry your bf can you imagine yourself cooking everyday and stay at home waiting for your Husband? if he asked you to dress up more conservative would you accept to wear t-shirt with long sleeve only? If he asked you to be Muslim would you accept to convert to the religion? You don’t see those things at the moment you only see the good site of your relation as it’s only the beginning, but my dear you’re so far away to imagine how Egyptian culture is, and between your very liberal UK culture and the one you’re going to go in the difference is huge. If you think that my words are twisted and bitter just because I’m telling you the truth then you can leave them, but if I was you I would listen carefully others people advices like Samia and egyptian_sharm and try to read between the lines.

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So she's stupid & ignorant because she wants to be with a guy, and you're not stupid or ignorant in trying to dictate how she should run her life?

You don't even know her, or the guy she wants to be with, and you're already ordering her that she has to do this & that & the other.

What you're saying is basically "be like us, or else!"

Why don't you just meet her at the airport and arrest her?

Or hey, here's an idea, fix your own life first.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rossaaa
Member # 10865

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rossaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So she's stupid & ignorant because she wants to be with a guy, and you're not stupid or ignorant in trying to dictate how she should run her life?

Im not trying to dictate her life, but 99% of story like her are sad ended due to the lack of knowlege about Egyptian culture those girls have. They imagine that they can live as free as in west and do exactly what they can do in thier own country

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Hellraiser (as always...)

And there are good genuine egyptian guys out there - I have proof.

rosssa you should seek counseling to help your hurt feelings go away........................

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rossaaa
Member # 10865

Rate Member
And hellraiser I'm sure that you do know what I'm talking about don't know if you are Egyptian but just by reading this forum how many bad love story have been written about western women and Egyptian men? a lot , now try to guess why ? I think if you're from a latin background, culture, its more easy to adapt to Egyptian culture, but when you from a liberal country like UK is more difficult
rossaaa
Member # 10865

Rate Member

Yes they are I agree, but if you don't understand the culture the relation may turn into a desaster

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes they are I agree, but if you don't understand the culture the relation may turn into a desaster

Agree with you on that. But i live and learn from it. And I also have the philosophy : better to have loved and lost than no love at all.....

No need to be bitchy to a girl inlove. The feeling of being inlove is the best and worst in the world. And nobody who ever read this forum will ever go blindfoldet into a relationsship in Egypt after reading all the negative stuff there is to say about the egyptian guys..... [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are also happy stories, with happy endings, why do people always look at the bad.

Yes people must adapt to the culture that they live in, but that can happen in their own country not just when moving to a foreign country, everyone has different ways and upbringings, if we didnt learn about each other in a relationship then where would be the fun.
And one bad relationship does not mean that you cant go on, do it again, try a new life with a new person, if things dont work then we learn, this is why we were given life, to explore and try new things if we just stayed in our own little bubble, probably life would be a lot easier, but what would be the point.

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And hellraiser I'm sure that you do know what I'm talking about don't know if you are Egyptian but just by reading this forum how many bad love story have been written about western women and Egyptian men? a lot , now try to guess why ? I think if you're from a latin background, culture, its more easy to adapt to Egyptian culture, but when you from a liberal country like UK is more difficult

Yes, I'm Egyptian, and no, I have no clue what you're babbling about and why you're so negative.

What you don't realize is that there are as many sucessful relationships out there as there are disastrous ones, like ninky just said.

Also, the sweet is never as sweet without the bitter, again, ninky elaborated on this already.

You have no business calling anyone ignorant or stupid.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hellraiser whats up ,dont like to see my favourite person upset ,shud iboff her one [Wink]
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by KERDA:
hellraiser whats up ,dont like to see my favourite person upset ,shud iboff her one [Wink]

[Smile]

Hi Kerda, not upset, more baffled at the unwarranted, ad-hominem attacks people recieve here sometimes, doesn't do much for the infamous "Egyptian hospitality & kindness" everyone talks about, does it.

BTW, that crocodile dung post made me lmao [Big Grin]

KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome my friend
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubyroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my poor rosssa. You really have no idea about me. I am well educated, I have a career, I have succesfully gained an excellent standard of life for myself. I really am not the silly and naive girl you paint me to be. I understand all about cultural differences. Its something me and Youssef need to talk about a lot more. It may turn out that I live in Egypt, or it may turn out he lives here with me. Whatever happens, if we are open with each other and respect each others wishes we can make it work. He knows I will not convert to Islam, and neither would I expect him to convert to Christianity. And seeing as he lives in this century, he would have no problem with me going to work. Oh and he's a great cook so I won't need to do that much either!!!
Posts: 31 | From: england | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow guys, glad to see so many people sticking up for us English girlies!!! yay [Big Grin]

As for you Rosssa, there is nothing i can say that hasnt been said already, it is not your place to judge an entire nation based on your own life experiences, you are right in what you say about adapting to different cultures, but there are better ways to say things.

Personally, I am married to an egyptian man, and yes i have had to make some changes for us to both be happy, i think that giving up work and dressing differently are cultural, but also individual, not all Egyptian men will have the same expectations, all i can say Rubyroo is good luck, keep talking to him and finding out what he would expect from you and be prepared that you might have to make changes that are difficult at first, if he's adament that he's ok for you working (and its not really a century thing, more of how he's going to feel about it) then all is good, but just be prepared that you may need to change some things, i really hope it all goes well for you both [Smile]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when people marry their expectations of each other become different than previously, this is the same for anyone, any culture, as long as you are aware of these things and have read around alot and respect each others cultures then the changes will be natural, hopefully positive [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im with hellraiser openions ...u ppl dnt have to give a nightmare for every forigner going into a relation with Egyption men ...nor dectate her what to do or how to live her life....just b carefull,know who u r dealing with,dnt rush...thats it ...if women gets scamed in Egypt they can also get scamed in England or Honolulu ...u all make me feel like Egyption men became the smartest 007's agents in the world and they r scaming all the forigners ...i on the other hand have seen Men being scammed by Forigners women more than vice versa ...and bec they Rush Blindly ....thats all Folks [Big Grin]
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Thanks caterpillar. I think rosssa thinks I am the most stupid uneducated girl in the world. I am well travelled and well educated and I'm so glad not all Egyptians are like her.

Its still early days yet so after our holiday we may find that we just want to be friends, who knows??? But if not, we both realise the implications and the difficulties we're bound to encounter.

Timo - I think my Youssef would look well sexy as James Bond...

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I agree that women who are involved with Egyptian men should try to learn the culture so they can better relate, I don't agree that she should particularly care if anyone sees her as "easy". From what I hear, Egyptian women can be just as whorish as us Western girls, the only difference is..we don't try to be something we're not. And while Egyptian women may not go to hotels with their bfs they still get fucked none the less and ppl do know about it and talk about it. Isn't it just easier to be honest to yourself and others?

quote:
I'm only glad I never met rosssa while I was there or she'd have probably had me executed for being English.

I would have you executed because you're English? You are so stupid and so ignorant. if you would have understand Egyptian culture a bit you would have never mentioned for example that you want to look for a hotel for you and your bf what do you think people are going to think about you? You see In Egypt usually women don’t go in the hotel with their boy friend Egypt is not UK and if you do that, you may encounter some problems, people will look at you like you are an easy girl, who is easy to sleep with, the family of your bf will never respect you, they will think that you’re an unrespectable western woman who came to Egypt only for sex. And if you find people in Egypt charming including the women, believe me they will not find you charming anymore if they know that you sleep with your bf in the hotel. And reputation in Egypt is very important especially for a woman, and this is the worse thing a woman can do in Egypt to get a bad reputation.
If you marry your bf can you imagine yourself cooking everyday and stay at home waiting for your Husband? if he asked you to dress up more conservative would you accept to wear t-shirt with long sleeve only? If he asked you to be Muslim would you accept to convert to the religion? You don’t see those things at the moment you only see the good site of your relation as it’s only the beginning, but my dear you’re so far away to imagine how Egyptian culture is, and between your very liberal UK culture and the one you’re going to go in the difference is huge. If you think that my words are twisted and bitter just because I’m telling you the truth then you can leave them, but if I was you I would listen carefully others people advices like Samia and egyptian_sharm and try to read between the lines.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The diference is that we can go to hotel
but egyptians cannot.
I'm pretty sure,when this will be allowed
for them(now they need to have some orfi papers
or whatever)They will go to hotel as free as
europian or american people do,but right now
they need to find someone who got apt. and go
to **** there.
The end.

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well madame, sure. if he's an orphan.

but your reputation isn't yours alone...it's a reflection of your boyfriend's/husband's...his entire family name...even his sisters', etc.

it stinks, but that's the culture and what you find there.

great that you don't care. sadly the attitude isn't the norm and people do love to gossip.

that's why things are done discreetly, but done nonetheless.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Its so daft. I asked for some advice and got some really good advice. Still am, but some people are using it as an excuse to pour out their bitterness and use me as their whipping boy! It's not fair!!!!

As Marcella and Madame M said at least we're honest about what we're doing rather than sneaking about trying to hide it like something sordid and shameful.

hurghada man
Member # 11124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurghada man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are right Rubyroo, and that is why there a lot of Egyptian men are just finiding it easier to be with a western girl. if he is only has the right mentality. and i would have to say that i have alot of Egyptian friends that got good life with western girls . specially from uk, Italy, and france. but the most important thing is both would have to understand each other's mentality and both have the power to be together. they have to understand where do they come from ? and how to match if they live in Egypt or in Europ.
Posts: 520 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

quote:
Originally posted by rubyroo:

Timo - I think my Youssef would look well sexy as James Bond...

HEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEE ...Now i really wana see this Hunk [Wink]
Timo
Member # 7193

quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:
The diference is that we can go to hotel
but egyptians cannot.
I'm pretty sure,when this will be allowed
for them(now they need to have some orfi papers
or whatever)They will go to hotel as free as
europian or american people do,but right now
they need to find someone who got apt. and go
to **** there.
The end.

Up High Marcella [Wink]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes I agree..I didn't say anything to contradict that. I only said that it's not only the Western girls who have premarital sex..we're just more honest about. I'm very cautious about how I reflect on my husband and his family. I realize that my reputation is their reputation. I'm not one of the Western women going to hotels with my bf. I'm a Muslim woman married to an Egyptian Muslim man..I know the rules. I just didn't think it was that other poster's (don't remember her name, sorry) business to dictate how rubyroo should conduct her personal life. That being said..if Rubyroo is serious about marrying this bf she should learn the culture and all the rules and ediquette. If she's only out for a piece of @ss then what difference does it make? Only Allah can judge.

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
well madame, sure. if he's an orphan.

but your reputation isn't yours alone...it's a reflection of your boyfriend's/husband's...his entire family name...even his sisters', etc.

it stinks, but that's the culture and what you find there.

great that you don't care. sadly the attitude isn't the norm and people do love to gossip.

that's why things are done discreetly, but done nonetheless.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rosssa
If your bf would have 10 % of respect for you he would have first at least introduce you to his parents, but for someone who from UK and think that everywhere in the world people are as much free as in UK it my be difficult to understand. Maybe after spending a couples of months In Egypt you would understand the word RESPECT
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [/QB]

Dear kid,my boyfriend(egyptian) and
I live together almost from beginig
our relationship,of course as a man
and a wife [Wink] And he had repect to
me and it never changed after...you know [Wink]

So I just think,dear kid,that you and the
others like you are just jealous,because
"your" egyptian guys are choosing in so
many times europian or american girls and
not you,egyptian girls.Ciao bambina. [Razz]

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Amen to that Marcella!!! Good girl.
victoire
Member # 11141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for victoire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello rubyroo how are you?

I’m sorry by what you have been told by Rossa that was not a very good way to talk to someone. However I do see a lot of true observations on what she said to you. It is true that a lot of western women do not realized at all that the culture in Egypt can be very difficult sometimes as Egyptian tempt to be very curious about other’s people private life and if you for example you say that you look for a hotel for you and your boy friend they would probably be very nice in front of you but behind they will gossip a lot as saying this kind of things is seen as an easy girl behaviour, I’m not saying that Egyptian girls would not do such kind of things but they would probably be more quiet about seeking a hotel room. It may be Hypocrite or whatever but this is the culture. When I arrived in Egypt I did met a lot western women who could not accustomed to the culture it does happen a lot unfortunately and once again What Rossa has mentioned about you staying at home and cook for your Husband is very true are you willing to do that if your husband ask you this? Maybe now he is very nice and seems to be open but have you also thought about his family? Are you aware about how the Egyptian family can badly influence their children? What about if his mother one day asks his son to married a Muslim instead of a western girl? And what you said about that you are well educated, has nothing to do with that its just common sense to ask yourself this kind of questions before coming to any knew culture especially the Egyptian one
By the way I’m a western woman marry to an Egyptian
Good luck

Posts: 3 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Welcome to the boards, Victoire. I agree with you completely. [Smile] BTW..where are you from originally?

quote:
Originally posted by victoire:
Hello rubyroo how are you?

I’m sorry by what you have been told by Rossa that was not a very good way to talk to someone. However I do see a lot of true observations on what she said to you. It is true that a lot of western women do not realized at all that the culture in Egypt can be very difficult sometimes as Egyptian tempt to be very curious about other’s people private life and if you for example you say that you look for a hotel for you and your boy friend they would probably be very nice in front of you but behind they will gossip a lot as saying this kind of things is seen as an easy girl behaviour, I’m not saying that Egyptian girls would not do such kind of things but they would probably be more quiet about seeking a hotel room. It may be Hypocrite or whatever but this is the culture. When I arrived in Egypt I did met a lot western women who could not accustomed to the culture it does happen a lot unfortunately and once again What Rossa has mentioned about you staying at home and cook for your Husband is very true are you willing to do that if your husband ask you this? Maybe now he is very nice and seems to be open but have you also thought about his family? Are you aware about how the Egyptian family can badly influence their children? What about if his mother one day asks his son to married a Muslim instead of a western girl? And what you said about that you are well educated, has nothing to do with that its just common sense to ask yourself this kind of questions before coming to any knew culture especially the Egyptian one
By the way I’m a western woman marry to an Egyptian
Good luck

Marcella
Member # 10978

Or may be you are Rossaaaaaa?

We live in this century,egyptians in the middle age
(sometimes) and who from us europian really cares
what they think about us?I don't care what
they going to say when I will go to search for
hotel with my boyfriend.That's my life and they can
go to Mosque with Quran and just pray for us.

victoire
Member # 11141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for victoire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Madame M thanks for your reply and for yourr welcome

Marcella no I'm not Rossa but you are free to think That I may be her

Posts: 3 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Whatever...
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Me? Rosaaa? No, sorry dear.

Marcella..is this bf of yours ever planning on marrying you? I don't mean to be rude but the fact is if an Egyptian man (who was born and raised in Egypt)is to marry a Western woman she's gonna have to conform to his culture in some ways. I'm gonna bet that your bf will get his fill of you and your "Western" attitude and then get married to a more traditional minded woman. Most likely a Muslim woman but if not at least a more conservative woman. Don't get too cocky or comfortable. Sorry for my bluntness.

Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Me? Rosaaa? No, sorry dear.

Marcella..is this bf of yours ever planning on marrying you? I don't mean to be rude but the fact is if an Egyptian man (who was born and raised in Egypt)is to marry a Western woman she's gonna have to conform to his culture in some ways. I'm gonna bet that your bf will get his fill of you and your "Western" attitude and then get married to a more traditional minded woman. Most likely a Muslim woman but if not at least a more conservative woman. Don't get too cocky or comfortable. Sorry for my bluntness.

I wasn't talking about you...as Rossaaa.

Sure he's going to marry me and take me as a wife in this way how
I think... And?Do you think that is problem?No problem,who said that I have
to change some my opinoin,I'll be still myself,as he loves.
You don't know him so better don't bet with me.He doesn't like conservative
women,I know what he likes...

victoire
Member # 11141

Rate Member
BTW..where are you from originally?

Sorry I haven't see that question . I'm from Guadeloupe which is a French island in the carraibe (sorry for the spelling) [Smile] but it is part of France

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Sounds lovely [Smile]
Timo
Member # 7193

quote:
Originally posted by victoire:
BTW..where are you from originally?

Sorry I haven't see that question . I'm from Guadeloupe which is a French island in the carraibe (sorry for the spelling) [Smile] but it is part of France

accueillir [Big Grin]
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed Madame M. but look at what she named the thread, then what she writes. sadly, she overestimates her knowledge. as we all did. ;-) liven'learn.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Who it was about?
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

The thread would have been more apropriately titled..Advise please on booking a hotel for a Western woman and Egy man. No offense but....COVERED! [Smile]
Marcella
Member # 10978

I'm the lucky one,I don't need to
search for some hotels,he got apt. [Razz]

Marcella
Member # 10978

But I see your point,Madame.
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
I'm gonna run for cover at all these negative things being said to me!!!

ExptinCAI - I don't intened to marry immediately, I just wanted to know what my options are for the future. As I previously stated (if you bothered to read it) I am trying to learn the culture and the ways of the Egyptian people. So far from this board I have discovered a) some people are very nice and helpful and b)some people are plain nasty and seem to get off on slating western women. I don't claim to know everything neither do I intend to rush blindly into a marriage with a man I don't properly know who has a completely different life to me. But point taken about the name of the debate.

Victoire - I hear everything you are saying and I agree with you. All those questions I need to ask myself and my guy. If it came to it, no I wouldn't mind staying at home and cooking. He is very liberal though and not at all like some of the people who've slated me on here. Oh and asking for a hotel room, if anyone on here saw me in the street how would they know it was me? It would be different if I walked into the airport and said 'does anyone know of any hotels...' which of course obviously I wouldn't do.

I know some people think I'm immoral, a slut, whatever. Do I really give a ****? No I do not!!!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com