EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for WithAllMyHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know what to do anymore. I am a US Citizen and my fiance is egyptian. The sworned statement stating that I am "free to marry" has been suspended by the US Embassy in Cairo. The Ministry of Justice stated that without that statement that I could not get married. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?
Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are ultimately wanting to live in the US after you are married then get engaged and then file for a K-1 fiance visa when you get back stateside.

If you were thinking of living there for good with him/her then you could always go to get married in a neighboring country.

You have options. It's an inconvenience since it's not what you may have planned but lemme tell ya, both of the above options are ten million times better than getting married in that stinky ole Ministry of Justice anyways. [Wink]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can still marry in a neighboring Arab country, just not in Egypt, so don't despair.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whattobe
Member # 13346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whattobe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello good luck, well i had seen on the net that they had stop doing American papers for marrige at the embassy, some say it wasn't true but i see it is, any way, good luck, i was married in egypt myself but at that time things were a lot better, i guess we were very lucky , i guess things change. wow thats something, like they said go to another place and get married... good luck
Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your fiance can apply for a visa to Cyprus and it is free to nationals of Egypt, but he must show return ticket arrangements and enough money to pay for stay.

Then you can meet him in Cyprus and get married.

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/information/10/marriage.asp

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/cyprus_visa.htm

you need to book 3 weeks thoug as you cannot marry after making notice to in less than 15 days

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U can get the affidavit from an attorney in your state and get it notarized then authenticated by the state and then authenticated in Washington, DC. You can still marry in Egypt.

A single status affidavit is a sworn statement that you are eligible to marry.
Americans needing to have this document should consult an attorney or the services of a notary.

In the past, the U.S. Embassy allowed American citizens to swear such an affidavit of eligibility to marry before a U.S. consular officer. The Embassy discontinued this practice several years ago, however, because local officials were interpreting these documents as meaning that the Embassy had actually verified the content of the citizens’ statements, when in fact the consular officer was merely attesting to the fact that the individual in question had made the statement. The stopped this practice in Egypt just this year.

Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why a sworn statement would work though, even if you had it notarized and authenticated.
By the time you get all that done and then get to Egypt, they can't guarantee that you haven't gotten married.
It would seem a stupid thing to do (getting married after doing all that and before going to Egypt to get married), but it's possible, so the sworn statement is still not a 100% guarantee.

I have heard that if you get what they consider an orfi marriage paper, and then file it with the government as a contract, that it will be considered a legal marriage by the government and you would be considered legally married in Egypt.
You just wouldn't be considered legally married in the US, and if you wanted your spouse to come to the US, you would still have to apply for a K1 visa (fiance visa).

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Cyprus idea!!!!! So romantic!!! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

How do you get to Cyprus from Egypt?
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swimming ?!
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google is your friend! [Big Grin]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus

While it might sound more romantic, it's not as feasable for some to make extra travel like that and to pay extra for food, room, etc.
Also, if married in another country, do you have to follow their laws for anything specific? I would have no idea what that would entail.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get married in Cyprus, don't you have to go thru the consulate in Cyprus when you petition/interview for the visa??? Assuming that the ultimate goal is to get a visa to come to the U.S. I seem to remember reading something like that.

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea I guess they will have to go to Cyprus with every new step of the process, this is totally unfeasable I suppose [Frown]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WithAllMyHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if I can have the affidavit notarized by the US Embassy????I know they are not allow to provide it to me, but they didnt say anything about me drawing up my own. They are not allowd to give any opinions or legal advice. This is the one i made up for the US Consul

Before me ______________________________of the Consul of the United States of America in and for the district of Egypt duly
commissioned and qualified, personally appeared ____________________________________who, being duly sworn, deposed and stated:

My name is_____________________________________________________
My passport number is________________issued by________________
on________________________.
I reside in______________________________________________________.
I was born on__________________ in______________________________.
My religion is___________________________________________________.
My fathers name is______________________________he is a national
of_________________________________.
My mothers name is_____________________________she is a national
I have been previously married to ________________________________.
a national of____________________________________the marriage was terminated on ______________________________ by__________________ as evidenced by___________________________.
I intend to marry ________________________________________________
who is an_________________________________ national and a resident of_______________________.
I am a citizen of the United States of America.
I am not related to my intended spouse by blood or marriage.
I know of no objection or impediment to marriage with the person named above.
I am free from infectious and venereal diseases.
If subject to the jurisdiction of the United States Army, Navy or Air force, I have informed my chain of command.

_______________________________ Signature of Affiant

_______________________________ Print

subscribed and sworn before me this ______day of ________________, 200__,
for the contents of the foregoing document I assume no responsibility.

Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WithAllMyHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes thank you someone did give me this idea...a few people had....I had it in my mind before but I wasnt sure if it would work. Do I have to get an attorney to draw up the affidavit or can I do it myself and contact a notary. I have made a few up with samples of others...take a look what do you think.

I,___________________________________________________an American
Passport No.: issued by________________________on_______________
Born in__________________________on_____________________________
Hereby swear under oath that,

My religion is____________________________________________________
I was previously married to________________________________who is a national of_______________________. The marriage was terminated on_____________________________by_____________________________as evidenced by_____________________________.

I intend to marry___________________________a national of _________________and a resident in_______________________________.

If subject to the jurisdiction of the United States Army, Navy or Air force, I have informed my chain of command.

another I have.............................

Before me _________________________ of the Notary Public duly commissioned and qualified, personally appeared _________________________who, being duly sworn, deposed and stated:

My name is_____________________________________________________
My passport number is________________issued by________________
on________________________.
I reside in______________________________________________________.
I was born on__________________ in______________________________.
My religion is___________________________________________________.
My fathers name is______________________________he is a national
My mothers name is_____________________________she is a national
I have been previously married to ________________________________.
a national of____________________________________the marriage was terminated on ______________________________ by__________________ as evidenced by___________________________.
I intend to marry ________________________________________________
who is an_________________________ national and a resident of_______________________.

Ok after I go threw the steps of the Notary, the State, the US Dept of State, The Egyptian Embassy, then do I have to have it stamped again by the US Embassy in Egypt then the Ministry of Foreign Affairs???...Or do I take it directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?....Do you recommend that I send the documents to my fiance first then see if they will accept it????...I am so stressed over this...inshallah i hope they accept it...any other recommendations???

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Contact the authorities in Egypt first before you do all the work on it in the US. It's no use to do it if they won't accept it.
I'm not sure who you or your fiance would ask, but don't waste your time before you find out if it's acceptable or not, and if so, ask them exactly what steps you need to take.
Good luck and don't stress!!
[Smile]

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just returned from Egypt... unmarried they stopped notorizing marriage papers at the embassy. I was there twice and argued both times that as US citizen and they are american services that do notorized papers that I was only asking them to notorize the paper I had. They said NO, if they did it for me then they would have to do it for everyone and they gave me a memo to show the Egyptian Ministry of Justice. Well, as I am unmarried you can see that I did not have much luck either place. I hear we can get a paper here in the US but my egyptian attorney is giving my finace the information and I have to check out the facts before I repeat it. If the papers that are posted here only need to be notorized then it is very simple. Even to get it authenticated is not hard as I have already done divorce papers. I went to the Egyptian Embassy before I left and got my visa and authenticated papers. They did not tell me I was wasting my time so do not ask Egyptian Embassy in the states. They know nothing or will say nothing which ever the case may be.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks shahrzaad that you weren't able to marry while you were here. [Frown] All this red tape...
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I believe it's a good thing to impliment this new rule. It prolly won't cut too much down on the number of ppl petitioning for loved ones from Egypt, though. However, it will give those who bring a fiance here some time to decided whether or not they really want to marry these men. They'll have 90 days to live with this person to decide.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is worse than you can imagine. A K1 is 6-8 mos to bring them to get married. A K3 is the same and cost more at the Embassy (extra red tape) but if there are questions about you being real or honestly in love etc. a K3 seems to be the best. I have an attorney ready in the US to process papers but I would rather get married. I can move to Egypt for 6 mos. but it is not in my best interest nor in my fiance. We have a business (selling furniture that is subsidized by the US and Egyptian governemnt) that we have been trying to get started in the states as well and so we need to be here. It is confusing and frustrating. You open a door and it closes faster than it opened. Neither of us are kids and this just seems beyond belief. We have known each other for some time and we have met. I still have a flat in egypt and I am in the US fighting to get married??? I don't know who I am fighting. I have been told the US and Egyptian govt. have an agreement and both are refusing to acknowledge it. Cyprus is sounding good right now except we have to go back to egypt and then the K3 papers would have to be filed from there.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K1 and K3 take much longer than 6-8 mos to "bring them here". Try about 12 mos. or more (took us 13 mos. total). 6-8 mos. is what USCIS and immigration lawyers will tell you, that's lowballing it. K1 and K3 cost the same at the embassy level but K3 costs more because of the extra petition. Both visas require medical exams which cost the same and both visas require a $100 USD payment for the visa.

About whether or not the relationship is "real" or "honest"...a K3 doesn't really prove a damn thing. It just proves that you're married.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for being pessymistic, but since they 'red taped' the marriage in Cairo, obtaining the Fiance Visa to US will become almost completely impossible! (now it is approx. 80% impossible) Even consuls in the US Embassy in Cairo were advising that marriage opens more doors to emigration and it's easier to get a guy to US after being married. What a bummer all together!
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Shahrzaad I am in the same situation as you...I feel your pain, I just came back from Egypt less than one month ago. Its so nerve-wrecking. Keep me posted on what goes on, right now I am trying to draw up an affidavit, divorce certificate, and divorce decree to be authenticated...the question is will the Egyptian Gov't accept it. I emailed the affidavit I drew up to the US Embassy in Cairo and they told me that they could NOT notatize any documents pertaining to marriage. Its not easy putting your life on hold like this. Does anyone know any Egyptian Lawyers that practice in Egypt and USA....except for the ones on the Embassy Website.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
excuse my english nerve-wrecked*.
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I was just told by my egyptian attorney to go to the american ministry of foreign affairs.... it is so hard to work in one language let alone two. When I said no I was told to try this link http://www.state.gov/ but it goes no where that any of us need unless I am missing it. Yes I know the K3 does not "prove" real or love but it does mean we are married and they have to judge validity of course. I have plenty of chat records, emails, my trip, pictures, gifts to prove we have been working together and with each other in business and personal life. Perhaps tomorrow will be a lucky day. Right now we are setting up computer and internet in his home so we do not have to deal with internet cafe. This is not easy and not everyone can do this I understand. But we have to have some way to communicate that is not on the telephone or in the public or does not involve writing a letter, sending it and hoping it arrives and discovering that what you wrote is not worth even saying any more. The phone is costly and limits us to only every two weeks. I will listen to suggestions. I feel my back against a brick wall
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
If worse comes to worse I will apply for a fiance visa...but I am worried USCIS will "accidently" mess it up so he cant come. I wouldnt be surprised if they did.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Be Optimistic. Be Optimistic.
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shahrzaad and WithAllMy Heart - are you married yet in any way?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Where is the American ministry of foreign affairs?????
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I have no idea where the american ministry of foreign affairs is...... help someone.. and NO not married the government would not allow us to get married ... Cyprus is looking better all the time
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
OK, if not married there is a chance for the Fiance visa, however slim, but maybe worth trying before taking off to Cyprus. As someone here pointed out - if married in Cyprus or elsewhere - the emigration procedures logically would have to be proceeded from that country. I am not sure if USCIS would accept the application for Egyptian married elsewhere - it is probably worth to give a call to USCIS, describe the situation and ask for advice (GET THE CLERKS NAME if possible) on how to handle the egyptian marriage papers. My guess: both American and Egyptian government are aware of growing marriage scams problem and are trying to make it as confusing as possible, actually almost impossible at this point to get married in Cairo short of actually forbidding it which is unconstitutional, at least in the US.
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there should be a ministery, or someting like an "office for registerring marriages" in US, from where u can request a paper that u are not married. u get the paper to egypt. and u might need translations for the court of law and so on.. but why to go to another country to get married, if u can only request a paper from states ?
Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yana:
there should be a ministry, or something like an "office for registering marriages" in US, from where u can request a paper that u are not married. u get the paper to egypt. and u might need translations for the court of law and so on.. but why to go to another country to get married, if u can only request a paper from states ?

that is the problem there is no record like this key on American citizens or on British ones. There is no central register of people and their marital status but there is in Egypt. Now the Egyptians can say 'No he is not married' but the Brits can only say 'We don't think he is married' because they don't know. Yes they have seen a divorce certificate but who knows if there was another marriage afterwards.

So the declaration the Americans use was worded to take account of this and the Egyptians said just a minute this doesnt say anything we can not accept it.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
e mail here

info@egyptianembassy.org.cy

and here

http://www.4321.co.il/adviceline/index.asp?country=Cyprus&action=add

marriage is straightforward in Cyprus.
You just have to inform the town hall in Nicosia of your intention. Apply for visa which is easy, bring the documentation relating to your country of birth.
Cypriot weddings are recognised internationally.
You can have a christian ceremony or town hall ceremony.

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
if an egyptian marries in another country in Europe say Cyprus, the US is more likely to grant a visa to the states, than if it were a marriage conducted in Egypt.
For one it shows that he got a visa to Europe!!

Cyprus is only an hours flight from Egypt.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get some legal advice about this, I think you will find that it is not recognised in Egypt.

And exactly how is an Egyptian supposed to get a visa to Cyprus.

Why not wait until the American and Egyptian governments sort out the declaration.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Well, they have no intention of working it out. The US is not going to register citizens and marriages. We do not have to declare (at this point) our religion. That is what Egypt wants. In Egypt you have to wait 3 months after a divorce to remarry. In the states you can marry that day. I have been to the web sites about Cyprus. Egyptians with MONEY can go there or US citizens and it is recognized.
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
It is a good idea to thoroughly research the probability of getting a visa for an Egyptian to Cyprus then. For all I know it is hard for Egyptians to go anywhere 'West'. Do a good research before being stopped at the Cairo airport for the 'undisclosed reasons' which happens often. I guess Good Egyptian Lawyer is a must in this case.
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
As for a K1 I have an attorney and am ready to file, but I know that a K3 has more "weight" because we are married and he is a spouse. I have had more than one attorney confirm this. They also say K1 is not a problem. We would just have to wait... USCIS tends to make errors. And if you have a common name it may take longer to approve. By the way have you ever tried to call USCIS? I did .. How did you talk to a clerk?
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Well if the British government who are in the same boat with its citizens can come up with wording that is acceptable to the Egyptian government then American government can to

I am fairly sure that Egypt does not recognise marriages of an Egyptian Muslim performed outside a mosque or a Egyptian Christian outside an orthodox church unless it is conducted at the Ministry of Justice. You MUST get this checked with an Egyptian lawyer.

please do not make Cyprus plans until you are sure of the situation

Cyprus is part of the EU so visas will be difficult.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody around who has thought about the need for such a measure? As long as there are numbers of women knocking on embassy`s doors, because they are in need of help, because their dream-relationship seemed to work out completely different as expected, embassy`s on their turn, will knock on the door of the Egyptian gouvernment, so they had to come with such a emergency-measure.
Television is even broadcasting the negative aspects as a warning.
Worldwide media-attention concerning this kind of habits from people in poor countries is needed.It`s not only Egypt, but Egypt is rather new on this field. People have to know this, after that it will be reduced...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shumnie
Member # 13586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shumnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...hey, please keep me posted on all of your findings. I just stumbled across this board. I'm a US citizen, currently in S. Korea, intending to marry an Egyptian man... still trying to figure out where/how/marriage contracts/maintaining all of my rights/doing it legally/finding a good lawyer... this has been helpful... though I'm very stressed! I never imagined how complicated it could be to get married, though it does feel good to have to work for it.
Posts: 1 | From: bucheon, south korea | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Sometimes I just want to break down and cry.
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Let me know, I will cry with you.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
The tears drop are already falling:(
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
drops*
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Everyone out there that is sincere in their relationship and is having the same trouble with the US Embassy....Be strong, inshallah you will make it through. I feel for you. May Allah answer all of our prayers.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ladies considered going and living in your future husband's country until this situation resolves itself. At least then you would be able to show genuine commited relationships when the time comes for VISA applications. You will also have a far greater understanding of your husband's culture and background when you face all the adjustments you will have to make in living with someone from a totally different culture.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Yes, that is always considered. It is still being discussed between us. There are several things I can not discuss publically that affects our decision. There are no right or wrong answers. We just are trying to make a life and family together. That seems as though it should be easy.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:
We just are trying to make a life and family together. That seems as though it should be easy.

It doesn't seem so anymore in this crazy world we live in.
Unless there are children involved, then why spend the time apart. There is just so many positives that can be gained from some time spent living in Egypt

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com