EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Any tips for visa application letters please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any tips for visa application letters please
Mrs_E
Member # 11043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs_E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am putting together my spouse supporting letter for settlement in the UK and wondering if anyone has any tips! Obviously I've looked at the Embassy website but was just wondering if people had any tips from their own experiences.

Thanks very much

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ands1972!

Try typing the following into Google, Yahoo, or any other search engine, and you'll get loads of information from this site:

site:www.egyptsearch.com settlement UK

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maqam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ands1972...I'm about to go through this process too - very best of luck to you.
Many thanks for the tip newcomer.

Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs_E
Member # 11043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs_E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx you guys!
Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My partner and I successfully obtained ours last year.
You need to supply as much supporting information as possible.
These were our circumstances.
I was living with my partner in Alex, I kept all tickets to and from Egy - UK over the priod we had been together. 16 tkts in total.
I supplied all copies of mobile phones bills, home phone bills etc.
Photos together.
Proof of income, proof of employment, details of impending wedding, sates, confirmation, reception, etc.
I actually went to met with a visa offical after our first tourist visa was rejected, they were incredibly helpful. My partner was interview in english, waited 3 hrs before it was granted. Let me know if you require any further help.
good luck.
p

Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on whether you are going for a tourist visa or a settlement visa. With the first they want proof you will return, with the second that the relationship is for real. Overload them!!!!!

Here is what we did for a tourist visa http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001527

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my advice is to see an immigration lawyer or similar advisor about 6 wks b4 u go thats what i will do soon cos i am going to egytp in may to marry my fiance and apply for a spouse visa good luck xxx
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com