EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » An Egyptian in Newcastle Upon Tyne

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An Egyptian in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just wanted to share with the forum my lovely week in England visiting my family for Christmas. I brought my Egyptian fiancee with me and he absolutley loves the North East of England. Even though it's cold and grey he thinks it's fantastic here. We went to York for the day which was his favourite place. I was worried he wouldn't understand the Geordie and Yorkshire accents but no problems there. [Smile]

He is now talking about buying a house over here in the next year or two so we have somewhere to stay when we come to England.

I feel really lucky that my family loves him and he them. I met his parents in Cairo in July and now I can relax when we get married in April as we've both met each others entire families. Happy days [Big Grin]

I'm travelling back home to Dubai tomorrow and then going to Cairo next week to spend Christmas with his family. Two Christmases in one year. [Smile]
A really nice end to the year

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2009

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
Well I just wanted to share with the forum my lovely week in England visiting my family for Christmas. I brought my Egyptian fiancee with me and he absolutley loves the North East of England. Even though it's cold and grey he thinks it's fantastic here. We went to York for the day which was his favourite place. I was worried he wouldn't understand the Geordie and Yorkshire accents but no problems there. [Smile]

He is now talking about buying a house over here in the next year or two so we have somewhere to stay when we come to England.

I feel really lucky that my family loves him and he them. I met his parents in Cairo in July and now I can relax when we get married in April as we've both met each others entire families. Happy days [Big Grin]

I'm travelling back home to Dubai tomorrow and then going to Cairo next week to spend Christmas with his family. Two Christmases in one year. [Smile]
A really nice end to the year

I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2009

Merry Christmas and a happy new year
you have told him there is a bad recession coming on but if hes rich should be no problem have a great time in egypt and full fill us when all is done i love nice endings and a nice story .

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto !!
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really pleased for you guys...

I have also had news from a friend in the South of UK whose hubby got a 2 year visa last week that he too is very happy and very cold...

Enjoy your lives together and I hope 2009 is as fabulous as 2008 for you.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys. Yeah he is aware of the recession my dad has just been made redundant and he is 57 so don't know how much chance he has of being employed again.

We don't plan to move to England permanently as I have a good job in Dubai and he has his own company there but it will be nice to have somewhere to stay when visiting.

I am staying at my friends pub/hotel in England which has been great as she hasn't let us pay for a single drink whilst we've been here and there have been many (seeing as it's Christmas :-)

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
Thanks Guys. Yeah he is aware of the recession my dad has just been made redundant and he is 57 so don't know how much chance he has of being employed again.

We don't plan to move to England permanently as I have a good job in Dubai and he has his own company there but it will be nice to have somewhere to stay when visiting.

I am staying at my friends pub/hotel in England which has been great as she hasn't let us pay for a single drink whilst we've been here and there have been many (seeing as it's Christmas :-)

You seem happy how you find Dubai you like it got family teaching out there they love it .
I am hoping to go one day when i got a million pounds to spend .My cousin once went but she was well not happy she is a full blown out musliminah and her hubby and she did like the dress codes at all being it calls itself a muslim country based on corrupton and greed but then you cannot help by loving the tax free situation can you .
Anyway safe journey and have a good new year are you all going to be on the nile for new year i love it then there .

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
I love living in Dubai, I was there on my own for a while before I met my boyfriend and embraced the lifestyle, but yes you're right there is a lot of corruption and greed, everything costs money and there isn't a lot to do outside of the nightlife and visiting the malls, lol that sounds a bit shallow but what i mean is it's so hot for 6 months of the year and humidity is high you literally can't spend anytime outside.it was 50 degrees plus this year but I won't be here forever plan to move to Egypt in 5 years or so, just need to get myself a PGCE qualification so I can earn a decent enough living :-) Teaching seems to be the best option for a career in Egypt

I'm staying in Dubai for New Year but will be in Egypt the first few days of Jan as my boyfriend celebrates Christmas on the 7th

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com