EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » If Love wasn't blinding...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Love wasn't blinding...
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...would people then be happier?

What do you think?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No then we would all be single.......
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on the person.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No really after the first periode of being inlove the blindfold is slowly coming off and you start to see the person for who he or she really is, - with all the bad and good side. If you still like what you see, - then its love.

I could name 20 things atleast regarding my husband that gets on my nerves or i find strange in his behaviour, but i love him anyway, any day and always. Im SURE he would say the same about me.

Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't we find too many faults and never marry then? Yes I think we would be all single actually but would we be happier being single?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we would be happier single, would not know of the pain and hurt but also no knowledge of the happiness and love, a life without feelings??
Anthropos how are you doing?
Is it going better overe there and how is the bayby doing ,groving fast I suppous

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a lot happier single - I'm very content these days, but I am older than a lot of you!

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will always be faults, in all of us..nobody is perfect. You accept them sometimes with their faults because you know it only makes them human and you know that you have at least a chance with a human! [Wink] I would hate to marry someone 'perfect' - always be careful what you wish for.

My mother has remined single for years since divorcing my father, he on the other hand remarried. But my mother has always said (like DawnBev) that she is much happier single. She doesn't have to share the remote, consider what someone else wants to eat, share and consider finances with the other, etc. I said once, 'but the companionship, don't you miss that?'. She explained, 'no, I have my family and my friends, and they don't ask me for money, sex or to clean up after them'.

ROFL [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Wouldn't we find too many faults and never marry then? Yes I think we would be all single actually but would we be happier being single?

We meet someone, we fall in love. We 'lose' our head, see things through rose tinted glasses. And then the reality sets in... There are no people on this planet who don't have any faults. The only thing is if the partner can accept the other person as he/she is. And sometimes this part is really tough ...
But you know what? If nature didn't provide us with this 'blinding' period, we wouldn't marry anyone, but also wouldn't engage in any steady relationship. We could only, well, reproduce, without any further commitment. Not entertaining, I think... [Wink]

Being single and happy is not bad though. [Wink]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

But if we didn't form strong feelings during the blinding period and basically because of it also isn't likely that the relationship will fall apart when we see the annoying and faulty side of the partner? Isn't this period really neccessary or is it better to have it feeling-free in the beginning as it is perhaps in pre-arranged marriages?
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
But if we didn't form strong feelings during the blinding period and basically because of it also isn't likely that the relationship will fall apart when we see the annoying and faulty side of the partner? Isn't this period really neccessary or is it better to have it feeling-free in the beginning as it is perhaps in pre-arranged marriages?

It's up to a person. And pre-arranged marriages are not necessarily feeling-free.

Normally we meet someone, feel attracted to them, want to spend our lives together. It's how things are. But there's a difference between infatuation and true love, the latter evolving over a period of time. And yes, there are always annoying things about a partner. It's only when something becomes unbearable (and I mean it) when we should think about ceasing the union.

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabreeta
Member # 10071

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kabreeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love isn't blinding. It only has that effect on people who want to be in relationships at all costs. They are more likely to live in lala land coz it is better than reality. Some people are afraid of being single..those are the ones who are most affected by loves blinding effect.
Posts: 126 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tilutine
Member # 12661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tilutine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading your question and answers Anthropos, and I have the feeling you're so tired. Are you ok? It seems you're writing like an exhausted robot.
Posts: 78 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com