EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » American and Egyptian Women

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American and Egyptian Women
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In your experiences, do Egyptian women in the US dislike American women?
Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Women all over the world like each my dear. No matter what nationality, and where we live - we like each other. It's usually men who complain here and there. [Big Grin]
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allieNewhere
Member # 9653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for allieNewhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

hope all af you are doing well today

question

is it difficult to have a relationship with an egyption women(im from south africa) comming to egypt next month first time and i would like to meet and egyption female

Posts: 24 | From: south africa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by allieNewhere:
hi

hope all af you are doing well today

question

is it difficult to have a relationship with an egyption women(im from south africa) comming to egypt next month first time and i would like to meet and egyption female

You dont need to plan from now mister! When u get there u ll find loads of women who are interested in being introduced to foreign males...
Maskin

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harem girl
Member # 3817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for harem girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianMau:

of course the willayas hate the khawaggas!
Posts: 41 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They watch alot of their fellow Egyptian males marrying American women.

They are almost forced to marry a guy from back home.

Egyptian women in the USA are expected to be hold the same conduct that they would in Egypt. Actually they are expected to behave even more pristine and perfect in the USA.

So possibly they might resent the double standards.

I only know a few here. One of which has chosen to behave in a very American fashion and probably will pay the consequences very soon.

The others married Egyptian men already here, who chose to marry an Egyptian women much younger than them.

The Egyptian brides shipped in are extremely happy to be here, the ones who grew up here are not so happy to have both societal standards yoked on them when Egyptian men don't have so many restrictions.

Its a crapshoot.

Its better to be raised in Egypt as a woman than grow up in the USA as a women of Egyptian heritage.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I only know a few here. One of which has chosen to behave in a very American fashion and probably will pay the consequences very soon".

Can you explain further on this?

Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

They watch alot of their fellow Egyptian males marrying American women.

They are almost forced to marry a guy from back home.

Egyptian women in the USA are expected to be hold the same conduct that they would in Egypt. Actually they are expected to behave even more pristine and perfect in the USA.

So possibly they might resent the double standards.

I only know a few here. One of which has chosen to behave in a very American fashion and probably will pay the consequences very soon.

The others married Egyptian men already here, who chose to marry an Egyptian women much younger than them.

The Egyptian brides shipped in are extremely happy to be here, the ones who grew up here are not so happy to have both societal standards yoked on them when Egyptian men don't have so many restrictions.

Its a crapshoot.

Its better to be raised in Egypt as a woman than grow up in the USA as a women of Egyptian heritage.

Hi Sonomod,
Why should Egyptian women living in the US be that discontent? (I know, Ladies & Gentlemen, we are generelazing [Razz] )
Of course, they might feel more urged to behave "decently". But on the other hand, they are more likely to lead self-determined lives in the US than in Egypt. They can be more independent (finding a job / apartment, etc.) if they wish. If they faced serious problems with the family, it would be easier to start something new on their own in the US.

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schwarma
Member # 9632

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schwarma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You misunderstand Sonomond, SHE is unhappy, ergo ALL women are unhappy.
Posts: 31 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarma:
You misunderstand Sonomond, SHE is unhappy, ergo ALL women are unhappy.

No that isn't what I meant at all.
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Merima:
But on the other hand, they are more likely to lead self-determined lives in the US than in Egypt. They can be more independent (finding a job / apartment, etc.) if they wish. If they faced serious problems with the family, it would be easier to start something new on their own in the US.

I don't know of a single Egyptian woman who has ever lived on her own in the USA.

I have asked an Egyptian man who relocated from NYC (the Egyptian capital of the USA) and he says that Egyptian women in the USA are required to live immensely similar life that they had in Egypt in USA.

His daughters go to college in NYC but live on campus and have cell phones that are called at exactly at 9pm every night to know where they are.

He also has a few "minders" on campus that report back to him on his daughter's activities.

Just because someone lives in the USA doesn't mean they stop behaving Egyptian.

Men and women alike.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
"I only know a few here. One of which has chosen to behave in a very American fashion and probably will pay the consequences very soon".

Can you explain further on this?

I know a few that behave very western (americanish) and probably to a negative excess.

No college means she is married off traditionally and some beautiful 21 year old girl just married a 36 year old farmer relative.

So he can keep her in line and restore the family's honor.

I have known about her for years, her dress and party habits have really set her course in life.

If she had just veiled and gone to college her parents would've allowed her to marry a descent guy. But she wouldn't behave.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Being an Egyptian woman who worked with foreign women in Egypt since the age of 20 (including americans of course), I NEVER felt threatened by them.
When I saw Egyptian men chasing them, I only felt pity for them and offended by behavour of Egy males. I would hate it if guys wanting me were all about my passport or imaginary wealth in dollars or even a desire to have blue eyed kids!!!!
So far, after all these years I didnt come up with one reason to dislike any "foreign" woman (For me foreign is non Arab-not non egy, just for the record)

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
[

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com