EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 113°F in Cairo???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 113°F in Cairo???
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the weather forecast for Monday, June 21 according to the following website:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-s208/Cairo:Egypt:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html

That's about 45°Celsius. OUCH!!!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ewww all them nasty sweaty balls of egypt
hahahahahaha

dont want to imagine how hot that is..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The forecast for Monday has varied up and down the last few days. I currently show it for 109 degrees though it was up to 114. It will invariably change about 10 more times before Monday gets here.

Alhamdulillah for air conditioning. Though that doesn't work so well when the power goes out. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxor today 43C, tomorrow 44C, Monday 46C, Tuesday 47C! [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as i try its impossible for me to imagine those poor souls that cannot afford air conditioning in Egypt. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
hahahahahaha

We're used to this weather tina, my tent is airconditioned and my camel don't mind the heat..we live close to an oasis some 50 miles away from the temple of Osiris, that's where we swim and have fun.. [Razz]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
hahahahahaha

We're used to this weather tina, my tent is airconditioned and my camel don't mind the heat..we live close to an oasis some 50 miles away from the temple of Osiris, that's where we swim and have fun.. [Razz]
sounds kinky baby..
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, it is almost that hot in Texas right now [Frown] . . . and I couldn't live without my a/c, no way! I can't believe I grew up without it but I am spoiled now!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its 43C in KSA, and 47C for Monday afternoon.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's awful. And since my birthday is Monday - the first day of summer of course, it is only just beginning. I have been working on packing and the room I've been in the last 2 days has no A/C. So I have to take frequent breaks and go in the other room. I was listening to a radio station from Indiana online today and they were complaining because it is going to be 95 degrees. That's practically freezing compared to here. Last summer when I went back to the US I felt cold as soon as I got off the plane. I can't wait to be in 95 degree weather again. Only 8 more days. They are having some bad thunderstorms in the Midwest now - that always come with the heat as well.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
It's awful. And since my birthday is Monday - the first day of summer of course, it is only just beginning.

Next monday is your BDAY?
COngrats [Smile] Happy BDay

Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather is blooming beautiful right now... at the Queens Ball the other night there was a lovely summer breeze in the heat of the night. Partying outdoors at night is just the best now.

When I am out in the bar with my friends we all turn the ACs off and just have the fans on, it is so easy to get used to the heat here. I never have my AC on...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received a message on FB that in Cairo in the direct sun the thermometers went to 53 degrees!

I haven't been out as I am lying in bed with man flu!!! But I must be so used to the weather now it is just right [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it helps that there is hardly any humidity. We have more here in Dallas but since it hasn't rained for awhile, there is not as much as it could be . . . . only 99 today without humidity factored in. It helps to stay out of the sun, drink lots of water and move as little as possible, lol!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, humidity is only 28% today but again, I don't mind humidity as I used to live in Ghana where humidity hovered around 80%.

53 degrees and it isn't even summer yet [Big Grin] I am so going to start having my pool days again soon and soak up the rays.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
48 (118F) here, I dont even want to know what it is in the sun! Even hubby was dripping when he came back with the veg shopping so it must be hot as hell [Big Grin] Kitchen floor is burning the soles of my feet and the fans been on since March, shampoo was hot when I had a shower and the kitchen tap I have to use a cloth its so hot. Burnt me bum on the toilet seat too, but im dancing to Smooth radio East Midlands yayyy, and am off out in a bit for a sunday dinner, cant remember the last time I had an English sunday dinner so its worth dripping to get there for.

I should post this in the happy thread coz today im happppppyyyyy [Big Grin]

especially after the email from Kalila [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have been drinking tea all day, I love hot drinks on a hot day, they are so refreshing.

OOO I love it when the loo seat is hot, it reminds me how much I hated a cold loo seat in England!!!

Tuesday here is going to be 46 so the real feel will prob be around 55... lush.

OOO a nice Sunday dinner, how nice. I had a roast last week which I really enjoyed.

Ah, I do like Happy People [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
back from my sunday dinner [Big Grin] I could do with being a cow right now with 3 stomachs [Frown] It was yummy though
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Big meal = big sleep.

I had shepherds pie ... that was also very yummy.

The weather is so lush now, I have the windows open and a breeze running through... [Smile]

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhh, this is normal in ALL Africa. You do know that this is Africa, right?

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
As much as i try its impossible for me to imagine those poor souls that cannot afford air conditioning in Egypt. [Frown]

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian Gazette online
Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strong winds whipped up a severe sandstorm engulfing Cairo on Sunday, leading to the poor visibility.

http://www.egyptiangazette.net/news-9622-Sandstorm%20sweeps%20across%20Cairo.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am quite aware I live in Africa thank you very much Gigantic. !!! Unless they moved Egypt and didn't bloody tell me.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7seas:
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
It's awful. And since my birthday is Monday - the first day of summer of course, it is only just beginning.

Next monday is your BDAY?
COngrats [Smile] Happy BDay

Thank you.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thermometer is in the shade on my roof terrace, and yesterday afternoon it was reading 50.2c (122f) when I checked it on my way out.
I expect that you could add on another 15 degrees c or so if you checked it in the direct sun.
Even after midnight it was still over 40c!

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yikes that is hot eh...

I love how the true temps are never recorded!!! But fact is bad for tourism and labour!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:
My thermometer is in the shade on my roof terrace, and yesterday afternoon it was reading 50.2c (122f) when I checked it on my way out.
I expect that you could add on another 15 degrees c or so if you checked it in the direct sun.

[Eek!] I KNEW it was feckin HOT.

go read it today ourluxor, I want daily reports on how hot I am [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:

Oh my!!! [Eek!]

We have it right now 19°C on the terrace which is shaded and it's sunny. I just came back from a long walk with the dog. Btw last night I was freezing as the nights are cold so I got my winter blanket out again.

Oh happy first day of summer to everyone!! [Smile]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:

We have it right now 19°C on the terrace which is shaded and it's sunny. I just came back from a long walk with the dog. Btw last night I was freezing as the nights are cold so I got my winter blanket out again.

Oh happy first day of summer to everyone!! [Smile]

Seriously? I wish I was in Germany.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been hot throughout the entire Middle East past few days. A hot spell. The high is 36c/97f but the forecast is a return to mid-80s by the weekend. That's for Amman.

Personally it's no so much the heat of Cairo but rather the lack of clouds and rainfall. That's the killer. I mean 7 months without a single cloud is a load. Even if you have the darkest shades on.

That said, durning such heat, I would rarely venture outside before 4 pm. And even then it would be a short drive to an air conditioned place for some cold drinks and shrimp cocktail or other cold salad until like 6pm.

Swimming pools are also great when it's very hot. The Olympic pool in Maadi was only like 10 L.E per day. You have to learn to deal with it or else you'll be bummed out during the day for a good portion of the year.

That's for Cairo. Luxor is hell, no way around this fact, even the winds hurt, hot winds that just literally bake you.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
The intense temperatures are set to drop towards the end of the week...

I hate rain and clouds so I am in my element here, rain and clouds seriously depress me.

I have to admit working in this heat is hard work, it is physically draining at times but after a while you climatise and you learn how to pace yourself.

I love Luxor this time of year, it is too hot for the locals to bother you and you get to walk around and see the sites in peace and quiet.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Heat wave subsides Tuesday, to end Thursday

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120177&catid=1&Itemid=183

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Luxor suffers power cuts amid heat

http://www.egyptiangazette.net/news-9786-Luxor%20suffers%20power%20cuts%20amid%20heat.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com