EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Internet Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet Help
Muhaajira
Member # 11681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhaajira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All

Im having trouble dowloading/uploading(not sure of the difference). Every time I try to download/upload the video freezes or the computer shuts down completely. I currently have 1024/256 internet speed do I need to switch to something higher? If so what speed should I switch to?

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There should be no problem. May be there is a virus over there.
If you are on windows you may try to install this antivirus
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

or May be ther can be a problem in the computer hardware. I think The Ram may be in need to be replaced.

Actually there are a lot of reasons.

Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muhaajira:
Hello All

Im having trouble dowloading/uploading(not sure of the difference). Every time I try to download/upload the video freezes or the computer shuts down completely. I currently have 1024/256 internet speed do I need to switch to something higher? If so what speed should I switch to?

It makes a difference if you're having difficulty while downloading or uploading. Downloading means you are receiving the video on your PC and uploading means you're sending a video that you have on your PC to someone or a website on over the net. What are you trying to do and what program are you using?
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your computer is shutting down its more than likely you have a virus or a Trojan.

Sometime if a system is infected with a Trojan it can wipe out your internet speed.

Go here for more advise

Anti spyware and trojen Removers

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muhaajira
Member # 11681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhaajira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWO when I get on you tube or if im in cnn or something trying to view a video my computer freezes or when my kids are playing games from fisher price or lego the computer will freeze or just shut down completely
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youtube is neither UL or DL if you are just watching. My youtube takes time to buffer as my internet is crap... but if it is shutting down that is not a good sign and could prove irreversible. I would check for viruses and trojans too tbh.

In fact I am going to run a program just to check my laptop is ok.

Just beware though that same trojan programs and spyware GIVE you more problems as they are hoaxes. Investigate clearly and read others reports on what you intend to DL first.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muhaajira:
TWO when I get on you tube or if im in cnn or something trying to view a video my computer freezes or when my kids are playing games from fisher price or lego the computer will freeze or just shut down completely

Does your computer beep at start up, if it does then you have a trojan thats cause's it to freeze and shut down.

A trojan will infect all your software in the end and wipe out certain files on your computer.
Making it corrupt!!!
Computers are designed to stay on for at leat 10 hours a day without problems, maybe the odd reboot is required, but shut down problems that happen often are caused by trojans or spyware etc.

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Youtube is neither UL or DL if you are just watching. My youtube takes time to buffer as my internet is crap... but if it is shutting down that is not a good sign and could prove irreversible. I would check for viruses and trojans too tbh.

In fact I am going to run a program just to check my laptop is ok.

Just beware though that same trojan programs and spyware GIVE you more problems as they are hoaxes. Investigate clearly and read others reports on what you intend to DL first.

There are many software programes out there that have third party software installed but it is hidden, so do be take care of what you do download.
Be aware of the spyware cleaners etc that say 30 day free etc.

Go here and download spybot, I've been using it for years its free and only needs to be updated once.

spybot

Or try Malwarebytes its free also.

Malwarebytes

Happy hunting them bugs!!!!

[Wink]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I cant type Ive just finished a 10 hour day, but i hope you get the drift.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Youtube is neither UL or DL if you are just watching.

That's garbage. Watching means downloading.
Viewing any page of any type means downloading..

Muhaajira, unfortunately these things can get very complicated and time consuming. Start with virus and spy-ware scan and see what happens.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stalking commences.

I view youtube from my itouch which has now DL capability.

Youtube uses bandwidth. Some providers limit how much info can pass back & forth from your broadband so, if you have a 2gb per month limit, and you download a film at 1gb you have used half the limit - problem is with things like youtube you don't know how much bandwidth you are using because you don't actually store the file so you don't know how big it is but on the bright side, streaming services like youtube use very small files for the videos so they use far less bandwidth.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Further more:

Browsing a website downloads the images etc to your pc to make it quicker to load that website later (the pictures dont have to be downloaded again cos you already have them) - thats the cache
but with yourtube, you have the software already installed (flash) - and what gets sent to your pc is destroyed once you finish watching it.
Technically you never have the file so - you can watch youtube on your ipod etc - no data storage

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com