EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why?
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the deal between Foreign men and Egyptian Women both muslim and christian.

I noticed in this forum it is all right for Egyptian Men to date or marry Foreign Women.

But how come Egyptian Women cannot even been seen with a Western man?

Is it possible for Egyptian Women and Western Men to be just friends?

Isn't there a few open minded Islamic or Christian Egyptian Women in Egypt?

Hope to hear some views.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by brian04 (edited 20 March 2004).]

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamy2
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello brian04,
Well, what you noticed is completely right, but also there are many cases that you will find Egyptian women involved with Foreign men as a friend or married or just having a fun time, let me tell you about some of them which I know by my self, I know more that 10 Egyptian women married with Foreign men and I know many have just friend ship with Foreign men. But still few people because here as you said the mentality here still gives all the rights to the man only but we are on the way, yes going slowly like turtle but there are some progress especially with the woman who works in international companies they have the opportunity to meet those Foreign men otherwise where else they can meet?

Thanks and hope to here from you

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by homesick1 (edited 12 March 2004).]

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TALL_PEINCESS
Member # 3691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALL_PEINCESS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
What is the deal between Foreign men and Egyptian Women both muslim and christian.

I noticed in this forum it is all right for Egyptian Men to date or marry Foreign Women.

But how come Egyptian Women cannot even been seen with a Western man?

Is it possible for Egyptian Women and Western Men to be just friends?

Isn't there a few open minded Islamic or Christian Egyptian Women in Egypt?

Hope to hear some views.

Thanks!

hi there
i just wana say something well every body is ready for decent frriendship it doesnt matter with u what does matter the person it self
for me iam egyptain i dont mind having foringers frindes unless they r respectable and decent well ok thats not only for foringers but only for egyptains thanks if u really wana have a decent friendship u will

Posts: 19 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brian04
There are many points in order to reply on your questions:

• According to Islam, Muslim males can marry Christian or Jewish wives. Muslim Females cannot marry except Muslim husbands.
  • Egypt is a still a conservative society particularly for women. Even if a woman is open-minded, she can't just defy the society and go against its norms.
  • Though, I don't see a current problem in Egyptian women befriending foreign male, however it is up to each one's own traditions.
  • The fact that you see many Egyptian men dating or marrying foreign women is attributed to many reasons: one is that majority of Egyptians leaving the country for work is male. Majority of Egyptians working in tourism is male, because they are required by the society to collect lots of money for well-being and establishing families.
    Generally, the majority of the labor force is male.

I just wanna know what made you come with such conclusions that you have written. You must have experienced something.
------------------------
Raymon www.youregypt.com

[This message has been edited by Raymon (edited 07 March 2004).]

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting topic,

But the truth is there are lots of Egyptians women ( Muslim and Christian) dating, married or friends with foreign men. Take me for example, my best friend is a French man, and I am friends with a lot of foreign men from school. I also know many many Egyptian women who are married or dating foreign men. It just not very visible, how could it be in a country with a population of almost 80 million. You probably hear more of the cases of Egyptian men marrying Foreign women, because of the associated scandals.

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta
Member # 3620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But there are also families, who trying to murder their daugthers when they realize that she is engaged with a Christian European guy.
I had a schoolfriend, Suad, who had this problem. She went somewhere in Europe, no one knows where, together with her boyfriend right before after her highschool examn, because her father hit her so badly that she had to go to hospital for one week. So she decided for love and against islamic tradition. But she had to leave her whole family to be together with her love. Her father was found guilty after two years, of having tried to kill the father of the German boyfriend. That's the other side of islamic traditional thinking, even in Europe, even among families from which you think they are very modern and open-minded, as I thought from her family, because we had a good contact before she had to leave.

Posts: 53 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moslems in the West are not necessarily less traditional than other Moslems. On the contrary, people away from their communities are more conservative and trying hard to preserve their norms, cultural believes ad heritage . There are more sensitive to is called “western cultural invasion” .

Above I mentioned that my best friend is French. He is also a Jew, and you will not imagine the endless discussions we had, as he is convinced that his duty towards his family is to marry a Jew women. So not only Muslim are objecting mixed marriages.

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mooly El Din:
Moslems in the West are not necessarily less traditional than other Moslems. On the contrary, people away from their communities are more conservative and trying hard to preserve their norms, cultural believes ad heritage . There are more sensitive to is called “western cultural invasion?.

Above I mentioned that my best friend is French. He is also a Jew, and you will not imagine the endless discussions we had, as he is convinced that his duty towards his family is to marry a Jew women. So not only Muslim are objecting mixed marriages.

Cheers

I truly believe love has no barriers. If people not matter what race or religious background can really work it out. If they try hard enough. I think most people here on this forum would not agree with me.

I would like to hear other views on this topic.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
any other views...

salam,
brian

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mooly El Din:
Moslems in the West are not necessarily less traditional than other Moslems. On the contrary, people away from their communities are more conservative and trying hard to preserve their norms, cultural believes ad heritage . There are more sensitive to is called “western cultural invasion” .

Cheers

You're 100% right!....Sometimes in the west Muslims are more religious.Here in SA it is too an extreme where even Muslim guys are not allowed to marry Christian or any other religion ...unless they convert.It is simply not accepted period!Growing up in a society like that all you're life....makes it very hard to accept anything else.For me visiting Egypt was a very rude awakening since I was fed all these "beautiful pictures" of the Arab world....yeah right.Then I came to Egypt...OMG Russian prostitutes,gays and what not all over the place.Imagine my shock.. ...not what I expected but in any case I got used to the idea that there is no such thing as a true Muslim country but I still love Egypt...with all its bruises!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlittle
Member # 5105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is to foreign women what Russia is to foreign men.
Posts: 33 | From: Beirut | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlittle:
This place is to foreign women what Russia is to foreign men.

Excuse me? Dare to explain?

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she means that lots of foreign men go to Russia or online dating agencies to meet their "pearl". just do a google search: marry russian woman, you ll see.
ON the other hand, lots of Russian women come to Egypt for the opportunities they have with men.

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question too:
are there any men in Egypt who Do NOt want children?

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by annie_81:
I have a question too:
are there any men in Egypt who Do NOt want children?

Two things to bear in mind

1) Islam commands muslims to have children

") There is no social security/pensions/sick plan for the majority of Egyptians. They rely on their children

So an Egyptian man that doesn't want children would have to be Christian with a large pension fund :rolleyes

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you extende the question to: there are men in the whole world who won't children?

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

Two things to bear in mind

1) Islam commands muslims to have children

") There is no social security/pensions/sick plan for the majority of Egyptians. They rely on their children

So an Egyptian man that doesn't want children would have to be Christian with a large pension fund :rolleyes

Akshar agree completly! where were you with comments like this on the age thread! Of course there are ways around this as we all know. Great post Akshar!

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com