EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Blood Type A- Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood Type A- Needed
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just received this message...can anyone help? If you can, either contact the hospital directly or send me a PM and I will let you have the father's phone number. It came from a reliable source:

Sama' 6 months old is badly in need of 4 donors of blood transfusion type A- for her open heart surgery on 15-8-2007 in Cairo Borg Hospital, 55 El Shahid Abdel Moneim Riyad St. Mohandessin
Tel. 02 3303 08 10

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
plz tell me if i am A i will go 4 sure , i will make a blood examination tom 2 know , how can i reach u

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try contacting the hospital directly if you're not sure what your blood type is. That's probably better than contacting the father in this case.

I am sure that even if you aren't A-, they would like to have a donation from someone who is willing...they might even give you tea and biscuits if you do [Big Grin]

Jazak Allah khairan for your quick response.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esso7, when you go to the hospital they will check your blood type before donating.
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oki i am ready , i go anytime ?

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Call the hospital and ask them, they can tell you better than we can. You might even be able to go now .
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
when r u going ? cuz i went b4 alone i felt stupid and they kept me waiting so long

--------------------
islam

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alone? u went alone? so u need a crowd to witness you donating your blood.
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

I would love to go, but I'm not type A- and I have anaemia, so they won't take my blood. It seems to be settling down a bit now, so I might be able to go when it gets more stable.

Be a man esso7! You can do it, and you might even help save this baby's life. Isn't that worth feeling stupid about for a couple of hours, especially as you're complaining about not having anything else to do now [Wink]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
yes i might go tom

--------------------
islam

newcomer
Member # 1056

Great, but the operation is on the 15th, Wednesday, so don't leave it too late. Good luck and let us know how you get on [Smile]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
NO NO not tomorrow leave the msn chat now . the baby life is more important than that MSN. I will follow you with my digital camera ISA.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i cant go now ,i am in 6 oct and my car is being fixed ,will do my best to go tom

--------------------
islam

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
new comer tell me the father name ,in case i am an A- i can tell the hospital 4 the baby and i will try to go with some freinds too

--------------------
islam

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Amr El-Wahabbi:
NO NO not tomorrow leave the msn chat now . the baby life is more important than that MSN. I will follow you with my digital camera ISA.

So we're going to get a picture of the two of you then, lying there donating your blood tomorrow? [Smile]

The father's name is Hussam Nour.

May Allah make it easy for you to go!

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i am not doing this 4 pics lol ,i can take them another place

--------------------
islam

newcomer
Member # 1056

Only joking about the pictures, but do let us know how it goes [Smile]
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
I'm AB . and It was some months I have donated blood. I should stay some time without donation.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
sure i will do my best to go there tom

--------------------
islam

newcomer
Member # 1056

They used to recommend about every 6 months, I think, but you could call the hospital and ask...they might be able to use yours for someone else.

Hmm, I've just realized that the message I got wasn't clear. If the baby is A- she can receive O- or A-, but if you are donating A- it could go to someone with AB, AB-, A+, or A-. So its worth calling them any way.
http://www.bloodbook.com/type-facts.html

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i will call tom

--------------------
islam

mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really wish i could help im an a but im in england i would love to donate blood in egypt for anyone who needs it does anyone have any info on how to do it and i would also like to donate bone marrow aswell if its possible
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure this post is genuine?

When I was in Cairo 3 months ago,their blood bank was very healthy.

The mobile clinic was out every day. Then there was an outcry as some were being sold!! Hope this has stopped!

I disbelieve this as all they require to do is sit at any metro staion for one day and they will be inundated.

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

I am pretty sure of the source as I have had similar requests from the same source before and when people went to give blood, they were not only able to help the person who was being asked for, but also other people in the hospital who needed it. If you aren't sure about it and feel that you might like to help, try contacting the hospital.
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be visiting another hospital today so I will enquire,thankyou.
Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com