EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » US Passport Renewal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: US Passport Renewal
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for hmozachsown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question,
actually several quick questions.
I have recently gotten a legal name change by court order inside the US and the paperwork just went through, the questions are these:

Does anyone know about the proceedure of going to the Embassy and getting a renewal passport reflecting this?
Where is the best and easiest place to get passport pics? I have recently had to get some at Mogamma for the 1 year visa but they are on a blue background so I dont think they will be useable or am I wrong?
Speaking of... I just got the 1 year visa but under the passport that I am having changed... will it be transferable in any way or do i have to go through the whole process again payment and all?

Thank you so much for your advice and help in advance.

Posts: 172 | From: Cairo/Ismailia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The embassy can process your paperwork for ya.
Get pics at the nearest Kodak place, and tell them its for a passport.

as far as the visa thing - just keep the old passport with ya - to show the visa to whomever wants to see/needs to see it.

you can download the app online, also there is info there.
http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/acs1.htm

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shay
Member # 15124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very easy to renew your passport. My husband did his and it from start to finish it took about 2 weeks.
Posts: 14 | From: El gouna | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
takes one day, maybe two. you need to drop it off in person and pay the fees, then they will have it for pick up at the pick up place near the gate and you can send a driver or someone from your office to pick it up for you. specify about any valid visas you have in your old passport and they will staple the old to the new passport (back to back).
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmozachsown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you very much for the advice. Much appreciated!
Posts: 172 | From: Cairo/Ismailia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com