EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Exercise Bike

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise Bike
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where to buy one.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seif Pharmacy (Sign also says Faten on it [Roll Eyes] ) in Mirghany str. Heliopolis

They have really good stuff. I bought an elliptical trainer for my sister (believe me it's better than a bike) for less than a 1000 LE.

There are also others for 2500 LE, but are way too big and for heavy weight champions [Big Grin] (if you weigh more than 120 Kg).

My sister did not change her diet that much, she just ate more salad and did 20 minutes/day on that thing and went from 60 Kg to 53 Kg in 6 months (she's 1.68 m tall)

Good luck. Sport is great..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Saif have been there a lot of time, but maybe they are more expesive than others. So how does the elliptical looks like.

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Seif Pharmacy (Sign also says Faten on it [Roll Eyes] ) in Mirghany str. Heliopolis

They have really good stuff. I bought an elliptical trainer for my sister (believe me it's better than a bike) for less than a 1000 LE.

There are also others for 2500 LE, but are way too big and for heavy weight champions [Big Grin] (if you weigh more than 120 Kg).

My sister did not change her diet that much, she just ate more salad and did 20 minutes/day on that thing and went from 60 Kg to 53 Kg in 6 months (she's 1.68 m tall)

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum karim and MK!

This seems a useful link about elliptical trainers: http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/equipment/elliptical.htm

Can you remember which one you bought MK?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.fitfaq.com/images/elliptical-machine.jpg
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go diving... it burns 450 kcal an hour!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
It looks hard to do it [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Assalamu alaykum karim and MK!

This seems a useful link about elliptical trainers: http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/equipment/elliptical.htm

Can you remember which one you bought MK?

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how much it will burn my pocket [Smile]

QUOTE]Originally posted by Samia:
Just go diving... it burns 450 kcal an hour!!! [Big Grin] [/QUOTE]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
It looks hard to do it [Smile]

It's easy. And it's fun! [Smile]

I'm not a huge fan of cardio machines – I just prefer running – but I discovered those elliptical thingies when I first joined the gym in Cairo and quite liked them.

They are great if you had a stressful day and feel like a really exhausting workout. If you use a good speed and a high resistance you'll be soaking wet and completely powered out after half an hour ... it's great.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Do you know what kind, brand it is.

quote:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
They are great if you had a stressful day and feel like a really exhausting workout. If you use a good speed and a high resistance you'll be soaking wet and completely powered out after half an hour ... it's great.

Totally agree..

And I have noticed that my catfights are directly proportional to the days I miss my training on that elliptical thingie!

They are 10 times better than the bike..

Just turn on your favorite TV program and enjoy the ride.

Yalla go buy it ya Karim!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya sure [Smile]

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

Totally agree..

And I have noticed that my catfights are directly proportional to the days I miss my training on that elliptical thingie!

They are 10 times better than the bike..

Just turn on your favorite TV program and enjoy the ride.

Yalla go buy it ya Karim!

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
My wife went there and found out that elliptical was like 2500 and the bike 1000. Can you tell me what model that your sister has.

quote:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
My wife went there and found out that elliptical was like 2500 and the bike 1000. Can you tell me what model that your sister has.

I can't tell you right now about the model becasue I first need to call/MSN my sister and she's at work now..

But I know for sure that there are two types of elliptical trainers in Seif and one if for less than a 1000 LE. I saw it there just last month when I was thinking about buying the very same model as a present for my other sister who just got married to a lovely and dear fatso young man.

I suggest you ask for the model that's around 1000 LE.

Good luck. I might post again later if I know which model my sis has.

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
2day i was in Careefour and found one for 1320 and it was on sale.

quote:
quote:

I can't tell you right now about the model becasue I first need to call/MSN my sister and she's at work now..

But I know for sure that there are two types of elliptical trainers in Seif and one if for less than a 1000 LE. I saw it there just last month when I was thinking about buying the very same model as a present for my other sister who just got married to a lovely and dear fatso young man.

I suggest you ask for the model that's around 1000 LE.

Good luck. I might post again later if I know which model my sis has.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
2day i was in Careefour and found one for 1320 and it was on sale.

It could be a different model of course, but what my sister has is an excellent one.

But if you can wait until July (I'll be in Cairo then) I can help you buy the one I bought for less than a 1000.If not from Seif, I get a very good discount in El-Ezabi [Cool]

Of course you need to bring your wife along with you if we meet. [Wink]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Karim I just talked to my sis. Her trainer is called "Bodysculpture BE5920".
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Is that funny

[/qb][/QUOTE] Of course you need to bring your wife along with you if we meet. [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Thanks

quote:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Is that funny

Of course you need to bring your wife along with you if we meet. [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]

No it's not. I'm serious.

She has to be there becasue obviously she will use it too, and she needs to try it out and feel good on it, and two for the obvious reason of me not wanting to meet a man I met online alone.

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Ya Salam

quote:
No it's not. I'm serious.

She has to be there becasue obviously she will use it too, and she needs to try it out and feel good on it, and two for the obvious reason of me not wanting to meet a man I met online alone. [/QB]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Ya Salam

Are you talkin' to me? [Confused]
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Will check it out

quote:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com