EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Light skinned ethiopians (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Light skinned ethiopians
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, antaLIES is definitely trolling as always. Claiming there's no evidence that Big Daddy Kane's brother is his biological brother (paternally and maternally), as if it's far-fetched to believe "black" people with different skin colors can have the exact same parents.

-

Posts: 2541 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:
quote:
Originally posted by Elijah The Tishbite:
Not struggling to define anything, you have two brothers from the same parents that look completely different yet by your logic one would be less black than other based on looks

There is no evidence indicating that they share the same parents. It's possible that they are half-brothers instead and like I said Afro-americans have european ancestry this fact helps to explain, at least in part, the varying skin tones found among them. [/QB]
Dude, I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with you, its common in many Afro-American families for people to have siblings of various skin tones and facial features, ASK any Afro-American in here. Those two men I posted have the same damn parents,
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elijah The Tishbite:
Those two men I posted have the same damn parents, [/QB]

You literally don't know yet you keep insisting on it...smh
Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:
Will smith is predominantly black but not fully therefore to be precise we should consider him "mixed" since no west african have 20-30% west european ancestry. I have used the label "black" for the actress because that's how members here would consider her but if you had paid attention I also called her a "mulatto".

You don't know will smith's dna,so stop calling him mixed.
It's safer to say he might have other race admixture(or may not)etc..

quote:

Most african americans may have varied forms of admixture but most are not mixed since the real definition of mixed means biracial from what i read recently and before and most black americans are not biracial anyway. Now most would have some form admixture(like i said there are those who believe most african americans do not have admixture as anyway).There is difference between mixed and admixture.

What makes 'admix' different from 'mix'?https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/83128/what-makes-admix-different-from-mix

and
What's the difference between mixture and admixture?
https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/23913/whats-the-difference-between-mixture-and-

and i since you love repeating yourself i think i should do the same.
This is from the other threads.

quote:

African Americans/Genetics
Genome-wide studies
Recent surveys of African Americans using a genetic testing service have found varied ancestries which show different tendencies by region and sex of ancestors. These studies found that on average, African Americans have 73.2–82.1% West African, 16.7%–24% European, and 0.8–1.2% Native American genetic ancestry, with large variation between individuals.Genetics websites themselves have reported similar ranges, with some finding 1 or 2 percent Native American ancestry and Ancestry.com reporting an outlying percentage of European ancestry among African Americans, 29%.

According to a genome-wide study by Bryc et al. (2009), the mixed ancestry of African Americans in varying ratios came about as the result of sexual contact between West/Central Africans (more frequently females) and Europeans (more frequently males). Consequently, the 365 African Americans in their sample have a genome-wide average of 78.1% West African ancestry and 18.5% European ancestry, with large variation among individuals (ranging from 99% to 1% West African ancestry). The West African ancestral component in African Americans is most similar to that in present-day speakers from the non-Bantu branches of the Niger-Congo (Niger-Kordofanian) family.

Correspondingly, Montinaro et al. (2014) observed that around 50% of the overall ancestry of African Americans traces back to the Niger-Congo-speaking Yoruba of southwestern Nigeria and southern Benin, reflecting the centrality of this West African region in the Atlantic Slave Trade. The next most frequent ancestral component found among African Americans was derived from Great Britain, in keeping with historical records. It constitutes a little over 10% of their overall ancestry, and is most similar to the Northwest European ancestral component also carried by Barbadians. Zakharaia et al. (2009) found a similar proportion of Yoruba associated ancestry in their African-American samples, with a minority also drawn from Mandenka and Bantu populations. Additionally, the researchers observed an average European ancestry of 21.9%, again with significant variation between individuals. Bryc et al. (2009) note that populations from other parts of the continent may also constitute adequate proxies for the ancestors of some African-American individuals; namely, ancestral populations from Guinea Bissau, Senegal and Sierra Leone in West Africa and Angola in Southern Africa.

Altogether, genetic studies suggest that African Americans are a genetically diverse people. According to DNA analysis led in 2006 by Penn State geneticist Mark D. Shriver, around 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5% European ancestry (equivalent to one European great-grandparent and his/her forebears), 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25% European ancestry (equivalent to one European grandparent and his/her forebears), and 1 percent of African Americans have at least 50% European ancestry (equivalent to one European parent and his/her forebears). According to Shriver, around 5 percent of African Americans also have at least 12.5% Native American ancestry (equivalent to one Native American great-grandparent and his/her forebears). Research suggests that Native American ancestry among people who identify as African American is a result of relationships that occurred soon after slave ships arrived in the American colonies, and European ancestry is of more recent origin, often from the decades before the Civil War.

According to U.S. Census Bureau data, African immigrants generally do not self-identify as African American. The overwhelming majority of African immigrants identify instead with their own respective ethnicities (~95%).Immigrants from some Caribbean and Latin American nations and their descendants may or may not also self-identify with the term.

Well most black americans may have european dna but it still not significant enough.For it be significant and impact phenotype it needs to be 25% or up and that is not always the case for some.Having 1% asian or native american dna is really small and not significant as well and does not impact phenotype as well. Most white americans have other race admixture as well but tends to be smaller on average then the average black american real life race admixture but they have race admixture and for most of then too it's insignificant.note By the way in comicbook superhero stories,shows,movies etc.. most white and black americans do not have any other race admixture and when a few do it's simplified.So the person is either 100% black or white,50% or 75% etc..

This below was posted a few year ago about african americans in real life when it comes dna info and i will post some info about blacks,whites,latinos etc.. in sci-fi,fantasy etc.. etc..since i am into comics,comicbook shows,movies etc..
when it comes to dna info.
I think you know where i am going with this and i wanted to post this here for awhile now.
I did some of it years ago but here is more details since then.

quote:

A 2003 study found an average of 18.6% (±1.5%) European admixture in a
population sample of 416 African Americans from Washington, DC.
Studies of other populations in other areas have found differing
percentages of ethnicity.
Twenty percent of African Americans have more than 25% European
ancestry, reflecting the long history of unions between the groups.
The "mostly African" group is substantially African, as 70% of African
Americans in this group have less than 15% European ancestry. The 20%
of African Americans in the "mostly mixed" group (2.7% of US
population) have between 25% and 50% European ancestry.

I trust the MARK D. SHRIVER dna testing ONE MORE.
quote-
According to DNA analysis led in 2006 by Penn State geneticist Mark
D. Shriver, around 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5%
European ancestry (equivalent to one European great-grandparent and
his/her forebears), 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least
25% European ancestry (equivalent to one European grandparent and
his/her forebears), and 1 percent of African Americans have at least
50% European ancestry (equivalent to one European parent and his/her
forebears). According to Shriver, around 5 percent of African
Americans also have at least 12.5% Native American ancestry
(equivalent to one Native American great-grandparent and his/her
forebears).

The average african american have little recent european dna,not alot.

quote:

The average admixture rate for african americans looking at the study above is lower then 20%,it is around 12%,and i have seen studies that said the average was 10% depending on who is doing the study,so clearly the admixture study varies,but 12% to 10% is more accurate to me.I just wanted to mention this or be clear about this,because from what i read recently and got from some dna experts is that some african americans by the way do not have european admixture at all,and for those that do, the admixture levels on average is lower then folks think looking at the study above, just saying.Most african americans do not have any form of native american dna by the way looking at that study.

quote:

Most african americans have some form european admixture(most do not have european admixture in comics,cartoons and characters that are played in live action movies and shows however).

There are questions if most have some form of admixture or not in real life(our universe).Most that have admixture is not a huge admixture anyway(so the recent european admixture had no impact on the phenotype of most african americans) and they look or most look like the ethnic groups they come from in africa anyway.
Africans vary from all types of looks.In africa you could see africans(depending on the ethnic group and individuals) that look more like african americans.I should say african americans look more like the africans they come from.
Africans have the most diverse look on earth from phenotype to skin tone and size..Some folks forget that.
There are unmixed black africans with varied skin tones and some are brown skin to light skin who are unmixed.

Note-when i say european admixture,i am talking from those that look white.Not from first pre-historic europeans were originally black anyway since they further you go back the only humans on earth were black africans.

quote:

The average admixture rate for african americans looking at the some studies above is lower then 20%,it is around 12%,and i have seen studies that said the average was 10% and others say 15 to 17% on average depending on who is doing the study,so clearly the admixture study varies,but 12% to 10% is more accurate to me.I just wanted to mention this or be clear about this,because from what i read recently and got from some dna experts is that some african americans by the way do not have european admixture at all,and for those that do, the admixture levels on average is lower then folks think looking at the study above, just saying.Most african americans do not have any form of native american dna by the way looking at that study.

This was written by someone else.

quote:

QUOTE-
The facial composites look well within the range of what can be seen
among African-Americans and Nigerians. I don't see how the
African-American sample looks more West Indian or Caribbean. You
really think that a 10% or so Afro-Caribbean influence would seriously
affect any average? Not even a 10% white nordic influence would affect
how the average looks like to any significant degree. Any type of
admixture is only noticeable at the >25% range.

quote:

So it is not even 20%.So it seems that 25% and up recent european admixture is needed to change the phenotype of blacks,but not always of course.Of course unmixed blacks with more of a european look it would be the same for them too.
There have been some more recent talk about maybe more african americans have no european admixture at all or maybe most african americans do not have any admixture and a big con job is happening.Another point,it takes at least 25% or up for european admixture to have a impact on african phenotype and skin tone or color,and even then that is not always the case.We all know that unmixed africans vary in skin tone as well.I am just saying.

Most white americans have recent african admixture and some have native american/asian.I wonder why this not mention often.Hmmm.

quote:

Okay the above is real life by the way but when comes to american sci-fi/fantasy superhero comics it's a different story/different universes,laws,history etc.. and most african americans and white americans for example do not have any other race admixture at all.

Here is another example of comics vs real life and how different it is when it comes to background etc..

For latinos most are shown as poc in comics, but in real life in the u.s. census for example most are classified as white.
If comics followed the example of what most latinos call themselves in real life then most latinos would be shown as white in comics too,but that's not the case.

quote:

Note-in superhero sci-fi- fantasy comics most african americans are unmixed blacks, racism is less then in the real world and alot more blacks live in north africa then they do in the real world but those are different universes,with alot of different history,more advance technological achievements etc..
Of course writers jobs is to focus on superhero stories and not bring in to much real world stories,politics,dna stuff etc.. in comics.Besides the comic industry and many of the characters were created before most folks knew anything about dna etc..,so writers in the past and today still keep simple as possible when it comes to background, history etc..
Of course alot of blacks still live in north africa today,they just the not majority anymore like they were in the past and at one time they were the only population in north africa.

Here is more of summary from the above,you know kinda repeating what i said but shorter form and some added info by the way.

quote:

​Not all african americans have european dna.It's about 80's or less.If you include other black americans it's even less than that.Most other black americans who are not african american by the way are unmixed blacks.Anyway some folks believe most ethnic african americans do not have any european dna at all and most really unmixed blacks.Anyway worldwide most blacks are unmixed anyway.
In africa most are unmixed and that is where most black live.
Note-in fantasy superhero comics like dc,marvel etc..most african/black americans and most whites americans are unmixed anyway.Keep mind those are alternate universe where in dc for example earth 2 south africa was free earlier and in one alternate universe in marvel for example there is a earth that is still all black.

Here some talk about that and sunspot in the comics and movies for example.
THREAD: NEW MUTANTS MOVIE
https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?40930-New-Mutants-Movie/page304

Some other talk.
https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?95505-Black-Panther-and-the-Crew-Cancelled-With-Issue-6/page13

https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?137180-DC-Africana-Appreciation-Vol-2/page11

https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?137180-DC-Africana-Appreciation-Vol-2/page15

Oh and reminder of real life as well.

quote:

African people have a range of physical variation and don't need any inspiration or mixes from cold-climate/light skinned Europeans or Asiatics to explain why. Features like narrow noses, thin lips, height etc are all indigenous to Africa. Africa has both the highest phenotypic diversity and the highest genetic diversity in the world and don’t need cold-climate/light skin inspiration for that established fact. All cold-climate/light skinned Europeans and Asiatics are SUBSETS of original African diversity.
(Keita 2004; Tishkoff 2002, Ely et al, 2006, Stevanovitch 2004)

and
African peoples are the most diverse in the world whether analyzed by DNA or skeletal or cranial methods. (Keita 1996;Rethelford, 2001; Bianchi 2004, Yurco 1989; Godde 2009)

quote:

African americans clearly look like the africans they come from by the way.
Here some more talk about african americans and africans.
Lupita Nyong'o IS Nakia!
https://forums.superherohype.com/threads/lupita-nyongo-is-nakia.514539/#post-33653543

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea can we get back to the topic of Ethiopians?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ethiopians posted in the OP represent only a small portion of Ethiopians and most likely have recent admixture, especially if they come from the big cities.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2707 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
 -

"Pure Black Africans"

proceed to post light skinned africans

when I ask what's black ? They answer a "color descriptor"

-

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mightywolf
Member # 23402

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mightywolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
[QUOTE][/QUOTE......]Think I seen the first woman before somewhere on IG. But yea Tuaregs and Niger have some BADDIES... Underrated women of Africa. While everyone is on Horn of African women... Tuaregs, Fulanis and Tutsis get slept on.

True. The Tuareg and Fulanis, among other tribes and groups that inhabit the Sahelzones and deserts, have gorgeous females. However, these tribes are now marginalized. The women do not have elaborate outfits, Western hairstyles and haircuts and glamourous look. Consequently, some people fail to recognize the natural beauty they possess in spite of their harsh circumstances and struggles. They would make many famous people look unattractive if they lived in a spoiled Western with a wonderful living and nice styling with dressed hair and makeup.

By the way, not only are many Horner women with 
light complexion gorgeous, but so are many with 
darkskin. Dark skinned Horners are underrated.

-
 -
 -

An Eritrean actress with a rather dark complexion, she was quite famous in Italy.
 -
 -  -

Posts: 102 | From: private | Registered: Jul 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa Bey:
 -

So we are supposed to they are all "Pure Black Africans" because somebody made a graphic
that says "Pure Black" on it ??

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to pseudos like antalas, any non-european group of people with light skin are not pure and are mixed. I'd love to see him go tell that to chinese, japanese, or korean people -- they would laugh him to scorn.

So-called africans are the most physically diverse group of people on the planet. Antalas is a pure troll, and of course the pseudo logic that we see him implementing here in this thread, is the same pseudo logic he implements in all of his other pseudo arguments

Posts: 2541 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with @Lioness and @Antalas. Just because the graph says "pure Black African" doesn't mean its so. What is "pure." There is no such thing as "pure" in science/genetics. The Oromo woman and Chadic women clearly have non-African admixture. How much? Who knows? But are they African? Yes, that doesn't change anything. They are still indignous Africans who's features and genetics arose in Africa. Are Black Americans not genetically African? Even with some individuals having varying non-African admixture.

I disagree with @Antalas that "pure Africans"(using YALL terms) can't be majority African. I mean just look at the Khoisan and people like the Igbos who I already posted where their "light skin" comes from... Yall could've used that DATA I posted, it would've greatly helped yall arguments but yall too busy picture spamming...

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
According to pseudos like antalas, any non-european group of people with light skin are not pure and are mixed. I'd love to see him go tell that to chinese, japanese, or korean people -- they would laugh him to scorn.

So-called africans are the most physically diverse group of people on the planet. Antalas is a pure troll, and of course the pseudo logic that we see him implementing here in this thread, is the same pseudo logic he implements in all of his other pseudo arguments

I mean its his thread and you joined it. Just because someone has differing views doesn't make them a troll. And I disagreed with Antalas early in this thread. Lets remains civil.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@mightywolf

You can find many Fulani women in western attire especially in the West. And yep they look beautiful. Its Tuaregs who are harder to find the women in western attire.

And agreed 100% I like the darker skinned Horn of African women.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Oromo woman and Chadic women clearly have non-African admixture.

I would not go that far.
I would just say unknown

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:

I mean its his thread and you joined it. Just because someone has differing views doesn't make them a troll. And I disagreed with Antalas early in this thread. Lets remains civil.
I mean, it's kind of difficult to respect a non-black person who is constantly trying to tell black people who they are or aren't, and who constantly tries to dictate who is or isn't black, or what black means, depending on what his argument is.

He does this all the time and is definitely a troll who spews debunked white supremacist pseudo rhetoric, even in threads that he is not the creator of. On more than several occasions he has insulted and belittled black people and I don't think I've ever seen anyone tell him to be civil.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting features from Eritrea

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8krzjNCbLo

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
A Sabean alabaster head of a female
100 B.C.E. - 100 C.E

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com