EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Since when has moderation meant deleting whole topics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Since when has moderation meant deleting whole topics?
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have checked on old thread which was in Google search and I see it is now gone. I remember it because KING posted to it and when I check the topic listings I see that KING's posts are not showing any more.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009534

Is this idea of moderation simply editing or deleting some specific posts by KING or simply deleting everything topic he has contributed to

Since when does moderation involve deleting everything posted by a person instead of just deleting and editing the posts?

This is simply destroying a lot of work other people contributions just because of a single person and it makes you wonder whether those seeking to undermine the forum are just using KING as an excuse.

If that is the case the Tukuler was a better moderator than the one responsible for this

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On further investigation it seems that everything topic he started has been deleted but those he contributed to are still there.

As it is in the last few months that his posts have been showing signs of excessive paranoia shouldn't just the recent ones have been deleted instead of everything?

And if he claims to have been wrongfully arrested and jailed by the police why doesn't someone ask him for a case number from the relevant police force or courts to see what legal recourse is available him.

If the guy is mentally ill is it wise to shut of one of the few avenues he has for communications or social engagement? After all anyone could see that most of his posts were the rants of a person off his medication, assuming he had any at all.

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Habsburg Agenda:
I have checked on old thread which was in Google search and I see it is now gone. I remember it because KING posted to it and when I check the topic listings I see that KING's posts are not showing any more.

They deleted everything because they probably didn't want to comb through thousands of posts to see if he said anything MORE that was possibly illegal. They're probably more concerned with keeping the site around for ppl interested in research than going through what were probably thousands of posts of one individual.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Habsburg Agenda:

And if he claims to have been wrongfully arrested and jailed by the police why doesn't someone ask him for a case number from the relevant police force or courts to see what legal recourse is available him.

If the guy is mentally ill is it wise to shut of one of the few avenues he has for communications or social engagement? After all anyone could see that most of his posts were the rants of a person off his medication, assuming he had any at all.

He was calling for violence towards police if memory serves. The site does not want to get shut down because it seems complicit/endorsing of that behavior. The site's mods didn't step up to be a therapist to anybody who shows up, they're here to make sure the site isn't shut down over behavior or speech that might not have been legal to begin with.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record I didn't remove any of KING's posts. Sam must've did that after Cass did that imagebomb blitz of cop pics and fbi threats. Though I do agree with getting rid of the cop threats, those were unnecessary.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HabariTess
Member # 19629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HabariTess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any way to restore King's picture threads? T
Posts: 116 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@HabariTess I will reach out to Sam to see if anything can be done about that, will also see what tinkering if any I can do

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com