EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » O.T: Asian Kushites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O.T: Asian Kushites
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out my new film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2xjWIIxK8

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I can tell you is that Cushitic (Ethiopian)stock is native to both Africa and Asia. I know that from biblical facts.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your power point presentation sucks. I see you are trying to link West Africans to noble ancient history. One thing I do agree on is that the Mande is indeed a saharan stock.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefarla
Member # 16832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefarla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not dont understand
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrome-Soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
Your power point presentation sucks. I see you are trying to link West Africans to noble ancient history. One thing I do agree on is that the Mande is indeed a saharan stock.

West Africans are already linked to noble ancient history. Mali Ghana Songhai Benin etc etc.
Posts: 189 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chrome-Soul:
quote:

West Africans are already linked to noble ancient history. Mali Ghana Songhai Benin etc etc.
Noble only to them.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nefarla:
I do not dont understand

He is basically saying that the original indigenous population of Asia (caucus region, India, Pakistan, Arabia) were black Cushitic groups that came from the Sahara of Africa.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrome-Soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
That phrase is a double edged sword. I could say the same for any other society whether here in the present or in antiquity.
Posts: 189 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
That phrase is a double edged sword. I could say the same for any other society whether here in the present or in antiquity.
Actually you can't...well you can but you and your afro-centric cronies would be the only one to believe your rant. Everyone knows that the majority of African civilization is primitive and not as noble as other great civilizations.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
Actually you can't...well you can but you and your afro-centric cronies would be the only one to believe your rant. Everyone knows that the majority of African civilization is primitive and not as noble as other great civilizations.
Lol how can i not? Nobility in the context that we are using it is completely subjective. It is basically like saying that Ford trucks are the best looking trucks in the world..And how am I an Afrocentric. Is it afrocentric to study ancient kingdoms and empires INSIDE of africa. I havent said anything about black vikings or black celts or anything like that. So how can you label me an afrocentric? and another thing if africans were so primitive why were they the first to smelt iron and steel or the first to invent writing or agriculture or animal herding and a good many other things that are cornerstones to our society today?
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
Lol how can i not? Nobility in the context that we are using it is completely subjective. It is basically like saying that Ford trucks are the best looking trucks in the world..And how am I an Afrocentric. Is it afrocentric to study ancient kingdoms and empires INSIDE of africa. I havent said anything about black vikings or black celts or anything like that. So how can you label me an afrocentric? and another thing if africans were so primitive why were they the first to smelt iron and steel or the first to invent writing or agriculture or animal herding and a good many other things that are cornerstones to our society today?
I said your Afro-centric cronies. I suppose "Africans" were the first to do all those things because they were the first to inhabit the earth. You know that writing, smelting iron and steel and animal herding doesn't transcend throughout Africa. Where are these writing systems of Africa and don't fall back onto the Egyptians. The word 'Noble' isn't necessarily subjective because it can be objective. If I ask who are more beautiful and noble the black ugly sudanese or the more noble ethiopians then I think everyone will get the idea.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
I said your Afro-centric cronies. I suppose "Africans" were the first to do all those things because they were the first to inhabit the earth. You know that writing, smelting iron and steel and animal herding doesn't transcend throughout Africa. Where are these writing systems of Africa and don't fall back onto the Egyptians. The word 'Noble' isn't necessarily subjective because it can be objective. If I ask who are more beautiful and noble the black ugly sudanese or the more noble ethiopians then I think everyone will get the idea.
lol you are funny aren't you. Well Im sure there are pretty sudanese women just as there are pretty ethiopian women.regardless of which you are comparing africans to africans which doesn't make sense given your past statements.Perhaps i should just call a troll a troll and be done with it.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Noble only to them.
lol you are funny aren't you. Well Im sure there are pretty sudanese women just as there are pretty ethiopian women.regardless of which you are comparing africans to africans which doesn't make sense given your past statements.Perhaps i should just call a troll a troll and be done with it.
I think you're a troll. You talking about this writing system, smelting iron and steel, and herding animals as if all of Africa did or do those things. Majority of Africans don't. Just like a tiny fraction of Africans smelted iron an even a smaller fraction had writing systems. They couldn't been noble if they sat around for thousands of years talking and doing no writing.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:

They couldn't been noble if they sat around for thousands of years talking and doing no writing. [/QB][/QUOTE]
You mean like Europeans? LMAO! ah you are just too funny. And by the way, I don't have any cronies.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I do not dont understand

He is basically saying that the original indigenous population of Asia (caucus region, India, Pakistan, Arabia) were black Cushitic groups that came from the Sahara of Africa.
This is what Col. Rawlinson said. He used Oromo and Ge'ez to decipher cuneiform. He was sure that they were Kushites from Africa.

If you disagree please prove him wrong.

It was th classical writers who said Kushite Empire existed in Asia. If you disagree, please prove them wrong.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

They couldn't been noble if they sat around for thousands of years talking and doing no writing.
You mean like Europeans? LMAO! ah you are just too funny. And by the way, I don't have any cronies. [/QB][/QUOTE]

No I mean Africans. Europeans innovated a writing system before Africans decided to do so. Many languages in Africa today still don't have any writing system and this is the 21st century! The only thing you can argue is the Egyptians had a writing system before Europeans because that is the only thing Africa has to fall on when comparing themselves with Europe.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
quote:
I do not dont understand

This is what Col. Rawlinson said. He used Oromo and Ge'ez to decipher cuneiform. He was sure that they were Kushites from Africa.

If you disagree please prove him wrong.

It was th classical writers who said Kushite Empire existed in Asia. If you disagree, please prove them wrong.

Shut the hell up. I already know that Cushitic groups are indigenous to African and Asia because there is biblical proof. I think I already wrote that in one of my posts above, so stop acting stupid.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

They couldn't been noble if they sat around for thousands of years talking and doing no writing.
You mean like Europeans? LMAO! ah you are just too funny. And by the way, I don't have any cronies.
[/QUOTE] I mean Africans. Europeans innovated a writing system before Africans decided to do so. Many languages in Africa today still don't have any writing system and this is the 21st century! The only thing you can argue is the Egyptians had a writing system before Europeans because that is the only thing Africa has to fall on when comparing themselves with Europe. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Certainly the popular image of "illiterate Africa" should be
done away with, and the story of such experiments as Sultan
Njoya's should be better known outside Africa, but if the Bamoun
case is treated as a unique curiosity a great disservice will
have beeen done to the many other Africans who were writing
their languages in precolonial times.

If the use of another language's modified alphabet to write a
language doesn't count as literacy, then English is not a
written language. This message is being sent to you in a
modified form of the Roman alphabet.

It is interesting to note that for decades eurocentric
Africanists pushed the idea that Africa was a continent without
writing. We have just assembled about a dozen. To Vai, Bamum,
Nsibidi, Mende, Toma (West Africa), add Nubian Meroitic, Egyptian
Hieroglyphics, Swahili, Geez and Amharic, Tamasheq(Tuareg).
Ajimi (Hausa)is another candidate. I don't suppose we're going
to burn the hundreds of manuscripts written by Africans in
Arabic or discount scripts like Ajimi which have Arabic
influence. That would surely place the so-called Greco-Roman
script in a hot spot given its high Lebanese input.

[4]
<mm173@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997

The most comprehensive reading I have encountered on the
subject is David Dalby's:

_Africa and the Written Word_,
(Paris: Karthala, 1986)

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chrome-Soul

Good on you for shuting up Betty.

I never knew Africa had that much writing scripts.

Thanks for sharing the Knowledge.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Chrome-Soul

Good on you for shuting up Betty.

I never knew Africa had that much writing scripts.

Thanks for sharing the Knowledge.

Peace

Well if it had'nt of been me to do it, there would certainly been someone else to.You guys here have so much knowledge concerning Africa. [Big Grin] . Alot more than I.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I mean Africans. Europeans innovated a writing system before Africans decided to do so. Many languages in Africa today still don't have any writing system and this is the 21st century! The only thing you can argue is the Egyptians had a writing system before Europeans because that is the only thing Africa has to fall on when comparing themselves with Europe. [/QUOTE]

Certainly the popular image of "illiterate Africa" should be
done away with, and the story of such experiments as Sultan
Njoya's should be better known outside Africa, but if the Bamoun
case is treated as a unique curiosity a great disservice will
have beeen done to the many other Africans who were writing
their languages in precolonial times.

If the use of another language's modified alphabet to write a
language doesn't count as literacy, then English is not a
written language. This message is being sent to you in a
modified form of the Roman alphabet.

It is interesting to note that for decades eurocentric
Africanists pushed the idea that Africa was a continent without
writing. We have just assembled about a dozen. To Vai, Bamum,
Nsibidi, Mende, Toma (West Africa), add Nubian Meroitic, Egyptian
Hieroglyphics, Swahili, Geez and Amharic, Tamasheq(Tuareg).
Ajimi (Hausa)is another candidate. I don't suppose we're going
to burn the hundreds of manuscripts written by Africans in
Arabic or discount scripts like Ajimi which have Arabic
influence. That would surely place the so-called Greco-Roman
script in a hot spot given its high Lebanese input.

[4]
<mm173@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997

The most comprehensive reading I have encountered on the
subject is David Dalby's:

(Paris: Karthala, 1986) [/QB][/QUOTE]
Shut the fvck up with this bullshyt. Africa was a continent with no writing systems. Until this day most indigenous languages still doesn't have a writing system. This is 2009 and what is preventing these monkeys for innovating a writing system for their spoken language? All those writing system you posted came after Arab influence and after colonialism. Practically all of them came about in the 1900s. Amharaic is quite new though it came from Geez so it just further proves that African's thinking process is quite slow. It shouldn't have taken so long for the Amharaic written language to come about when you have the Geez writing system right in front of your face. Now you know Swahili didn't get a writing system until the Arabs and western influence. Before Africans were influenced by others, they didn't have a writing system. You need to explain why most indigenous languages in Africa today don't have a writing system.

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictographic Asante Adinkra symbols are writing, are they not? Any symbol is a form of writing. The Nsibidi script used by the Ejagham people of Nigeria that dates back to 1700 B.C. is writing.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

No I mean Africans. Europeans innovated a writing system before Africans decided to do so. . Many languages in Africa today still don't have any writing system and this is the 21st century! The only thing you can argue is the Egyptians had a writing system before Europeans because that is the only thing Africa has to fall on when comparing themselves with Europe. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Is that a joke? The Egyptians were black, of course. All of them. They gave their writing to the Phoenicians, who in turn gave writing to the Greeks, Greeks to the Romans, and the Romans took the alphabet to the rest of Europe. If it hadn't been for the Egyptians Europe wouldn't have any writing. Even the Arabic script is derived from Egyptian demotic. Most scripts in Asia are. Idiot.

Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Sudanese are not ugly either. They are plenty of Sudanese models.
Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
(Paris: Karthala, 1986) [/QB]

Shut the fvck up with this bullshyt. Africa was a continent with no writing systems. Until this day most indigenous languages still doesn't have a writing system. This is 2009 and what is preventing these monkeys for innovating a writing system for their spoken language? All those writing system you posted came after Arab influence and after colonialism. Practically all of them came about in the 1900s. Amharaic is quite new though it came from Geez so it just further proves that African's thinking process is quite slow. It shouldn't have taken so long for the Amharaic written language to come about when you have the Geez writing system right in front of your face. Now you know Swahili didn't get a writing system until the Arabs and western influence. Before Africans were influenced by others, they didn't have a writing system. You need to explain why most indigenous languages in Africa today don't have a writing system. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well then by your own definition Europe doesnt have any writing systems. [Roll Eyes] Since as said by EbonyAllen they essentially got Egyptian handmedowns.

and If you're going to try and seperate Egypt from Africa why don't we seperate Rome and Greece from the rest of Europe.Seems like all your left with is what the Romans liked to called Barbarians.Complete with blue body paint and bloodlust. Now im not hating on Northern Europe unlike you who is hating on Africa. I loved all the Conan movies. [Big Grin] . Im Just pointing out your double standard.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Pictographic Asante Adinkra symbols are writing, are they not? Any symbol is a form of writing. The Nsibidi script used by the Ejagham people of Nigeria that dates back to 1700 B.C. is writing.

I forgot about all the scribbles Africans carved on tree trunks; too bad they didn't have enough brains and use ink/oil and write out an alphabet on papyrus like the noble civilizations did. It's funny how they scribbled on trees but didn't write out a complete language or alphabet to be used in daily life.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
(Paris: Karthala, 1986)

Shut the fvck up with this bullshyt. Africa was a continent with no writing systems. Until this day most indigenous languages still doesn't have a writing system. This is 2009 and what is preventing these monkeys for innovating a writing system for their spoken language? All those writing system you posted came after Arab influence and after colonialism. Practically all of them came about in the 1900s. Amharaic is quite new though it came from Geez so it just further proves that African's thinking process is quite slow. It shouldn't have taken so long for the Amharaic written language to come about when you have the Geez writing system right in front of your face. Now you know Swahili didn't get a writing system until the Arabs and western influence. Before Africans were influenced by others, they didn't have a writing system. You need to explain why most indigenous languages in Africa today don't have a writing system. [/QB]
Well then by your own definition Europe doesnt have any writing systems. [Roll Eyes] Since as said by EbonyAllen they essentially got Egyptian handmedowns.

and If you're going to try and seperate Egypt from Africa why don't we seperate Rome and Greece from the rest of Europe.Seems like all your left with is what the Romans liked to called Barbarians.Complete with blue body paint and bloodlust. Now im not hating on Northern Europe unlike you who is hating on Africa. I loved all the Conan movies. [Big Grin] . Im Just pointing out your double standard. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Europeans didn't get any Egyptians hand-me-downs. I wonder how did Egypt gave europe a writing system and forgot to give their Africans brother and sisters a writing system. It seems like Egyptians civilized everyone except for Africa. It is just a fact that europeans were and are more advanced than Africans. Since Africans have to keep resorting to AE to prove their nobility, it just proves that Africa really can't compete with noble civilizations. It is plausible to separate Rome and Greece from the rest of Europe just like it is plausible to separate AE from the rest of Africa.

Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
^ Your own statements contradict your argument betty.
You are looking at these African cultures through western eyes. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Such is so with writing as well.

Akan Golden weights.

The Akan Gold Weights can be seen as classic representations of the depth and dimensions of African material culture. The weights are symbols of conventionalized reflections, each weight signifying specific meanings. The weights are also used in conjunction with a monetary system, mathematics, numbers, and ideograms. In a way they symbolize the empirical minds of the practitioners. The people in the Gulf of Guniea and its surroundings, long before the colonial period, had designed and operated a weight and monetary system. The great museums of Europe and the United States "own" a sizable amount of the weights. They are also found in African museums such as The Ifan Museum at Dakar, The Human Science Museum at Abidijan, and museums in Mali and Ghana.

To be precise, the weights were the creative works of the people of Cote d' Ivore, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Togo, and Mali - all in West Africa. The weights are figures that represent proverbs, maxims, riddles, and hints to historic events. In essence, the weights are the sum total representations of the people's knowledge - a three dimensional thought and word rendering images and meanings.

In Akan's tradition, a decree is implemented through the apportionment of gold measured by a figurine designed or minted in conjunction with the decree.

http://www.library.cornell.edu/africana/Writing_Systems/akan.html

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Sudanese are not ugly either. They are plenty of Sudanese models.

Sudanese are fvcking ugly. I feel sorry for those people. Just because there may be sudanese models doesn't mean they are pretty. Sudanese are the ugliest fvcking people on planet earth. My heart goes out to them.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyboo

The only "Ugly" I see is your attitude and ignorance of a people like the Sudanese.

Your comments are not worth much.

Every ethnicity has beauty in them.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Bettyboo

The only "Ugly" I see is your attitude and ignorance of a people like the Sudanese.

Not the Sudanese. I feel so sorry for them. I was walking down the street one day with my neice and this ugly black African walked passed us and my neice screamed and cried. If you can scare children by the way you look then you know something is wrong.
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where are these writing systems of Africa and don't fall back onto the Egyptians.

Where are the ancient writing systems of europe? and don't fall back onto the greeks and romans.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by humanityb:
quote:
Where are these writing systems of Africa and don't fall back onto the Egyptians.

Where are the ancient writing systems of europe? and don't fall back onto the greeks and romans.
All european nation had a writing system before the Africans. All languages in Europe have a writing system, but not all languages in Africa have a writing system.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All European writings came from the Canaanite system...which ultimately came form the MDT-NTR.

Plus untill recently not all Europeans wrote...Africa being a much larger place you would expect more Africans to lack the written word....common sense people common sense.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Bettyboo

Not the Sudanese. I feel so sorry for them. I was walking down the street one day with my neice and this ugly black African walked passed us and my neice screamed and cried. If you can scare children by the way you look then you know something is wrong.
Just what the **** do you look like? Since you're always talking about how ugly other people are.
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilgameshx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were ALL given an alphabet based writing system by christian monks [under greco-roman influence] none of them were independantly created.Name me a single alphabet writing system in europe that existed prior to being romanised and christianised,RUNES anyone?The christians only just arrived in africa to undertake the same task,its not our fault the zealots got to you sooner.Africa already had alphabet scripts like Meroitic and Ge'ez thousands of years ago.

quote:
quote:
quote:

All european nation had a writing system before the Africans. All languages in Europe have a writing system, but not all languages in Africa have a writing system.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
amazing how the eurocentrists fail to respond to threads that present the truth about their own origins.

--------------------
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
-African Proverb

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by humanityiloveyou.:
They were ALL given an alphabet based writing system by christian monks [under greco-roman influence] none of them were independantly created.Name me a single alphabet writing system in europe that existed prior to being romanised and christianised,RUNES anyone?The christians only just arrived in africa to undertake the same task,its not our fault the zealots got to you sooner.Africa already had alphabet scripts like Meroitic and Ge'ez thousands of years ago.

quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought christianity come from Africans and why do christians need to introduce a writing system to Africans. Why can't Africans invent one themselves.
gilgameshx
Member # 14404

Rate Member
why were the majority of europeans not able to come up with one themselves.Why do you think there are no ancient written accounts of any european group besides the greco-romans? If I want to learn about my ancient european ancestors I have to consult arab,indian and roman texts! What is Meroitic and Ge'ez but a self invented african script?

--------------------
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
-African Proverb

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Mende Script

This script was used by the Mende people of Sierra Leone. It is not only considered a writing system, it is a work of art.
library.cornell.edu

-

-

-  -
: www.library.cornell.edu/.../Shumom.html

-

There you have it writing from all over Africa. So will ya stop with the Africans didn't write nonsense.

You can argue the point that most of the writings was sacred and was in total control of the priest/priestess. and only in some cases did the common folks had access...Knowladge is power after all.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -
Mende Script

This script was used by the Mende people of Sierra Leone. It is not only considered a writing system, it is a work of art.
library.cornell.edu

-

-

-  -

-

There you have it writing from all over Africa. So will ya stop with the Africans didn't write nonsense.

You can argue the point that most of the writings was sacred and was in total control of the priest/priestess. and only in some cases did the common folks had access...Knowladge is power after all.

The Mende written language is so new. It came about in the 1900s. Without the Geez and Meroitic/Egyptian written language Africans didn't have a written language.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Since the Mande maybe too young for your consideration;
pronounced [tifinaɣ]) is an alphabetic script used by some Berber peoples, notably the Tuareg, to write their language[1]. The Berbers are the indigenous peoples of North Africa west of the Nile Valley. It is not in widespread use as a means of daily communication, but often serves to politically and symbolically assert a Berber identity. A slightly modified version of this Berber script, called Tifinagh Ircam is used in a very limited number of Moroccan elementary schools in teaching the Berber language to children.

And there are others the Nisbidi and the Adinkra for one are much older.

Chrome-Soul
Member # 16889

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -
Mende Script

library.cornell.edu

-

-

-  -

-

The Mende written language is so new. It came about in the 1900s. Without the Geez and Meroitic/Egyptian written language Africans didn't have a written language.
you know you're being pretty hypocritical. How can you say that without Meroitic/ Egyptian written language Africans have no language when all of the writing systems of Europe are based off of Greco Roman writing.Its like you have a special set of guidelines for interpreting African culture. Also Nile Valley civilization pretty much predates everything else.So its roots are pretty much 100% African produced. Can the same be said about European Culture be it South or North?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com