EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Are Negroes really African?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are Negroes really African?
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is something Carleton Coon could never have surmised. What if the vast majority of Black West Africans (the Bantu people) are not African? What if they are simply Melanesian people like the people of the Andamans. The new term I see now is Paleo-Asianid.

The Genetic Atlas:

http://www.thegeneticatlas.com/index.htm

Might explain why Negroes and Polynesian people look so much alike.

;-)

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many times do I have to keep saying the Bantu and true Negro are different?!

The Negro proper VS. the Negro-like Bantu

Perry Noble

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA7#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
The Negro heads the list. He presents himself in two vast regions, and, perhaps, in two branches. If we accept the distinction between the Sudanese Negro and the Bantu, we find the Negro proper in vast Sudan, the Negro-like Bantu south of the tenth parallel of north latitude. Of these twin brothers, the Bantu is generally rated above the Sudanese; but not a few authorities think more highly of the latter, and much by historians and scientists is adduced in his favor
"West African studies" By Mary Henrietta Kingsley 1901

http://books.google.com/books?id=5JoNcKqO-CgC&pg=PA361#v=onepage&q=&f=false
quote:

So have the true Negroes adopted the flexible Bantu languages. But it would be as unscientific to regard a Spaniard or a Frenchman as a full-blooded ancient Roman, as to regard many of the Negro tribes now speaking Bantu language as Bantu men.

The Negro has, moreover, not only adopted Bantu languages in some regions, such as the Mpongwe, for example, but he has also adopted to a certain extent Bantu culture.
I am sure those of you who have lived among the true Negroes and true Bantu, will agree with me that these cultures differ materially. Africa, so far as I know it, namely, from Sierra Leone to Benguela, smells generally rather strong, but particularly so in those districts inhabited by the true Negro. This preeminence the true Negroes attain to by leaving the sanitary matters of villages and towns in the hands of Providence. The Bantu culture looks after the cleaning and tidying of the village streets to a remarkable degree, though by no means more clean in the houses, which, in both cultures, are quite as clean and tidy as you will find in England. Again, in the Bantu culture you will find the slaves living in villages apart: inside the true Negro they live with their owners; and there are other points which mark the domestic cultures of these people as being different from each other, which I need not detain you with now. All these points in Bantu domestic culture the true Negro will adopt, as well as language; but there seem to be two points he does not readily adopt, or rather two points in his own culture to which he clings.

http://books.google.com/books?id=5JoNcKqO-CgC&pg=PA398#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
Among the true Negroes of the West Coast of Africa, a so-called system of slavery is the essential basis of society. Among the Bantus of the West Coast it is not essential from the point of view of law. Do not imagine, however, that I am praising the Bantu at the expense of the Negro, because I doubt whether it is really more moral to kill and eat prisoners of war or criminals than to keep them in a state of servitude guarded by rights. Indeed, among the Bantus the study of law is more difficult than among the true Negrbes ; for below Cameroon you will find in one district a slave-holding tribe like the Igalwa, and in the immediate neighbourhood a non-slave-holding tribe like the Fans. In one district you will find the entire tribe under one great king, who rules many subsidiary princes, as among the Fjorts, while in another tribe each village is a thing in itself with a general sort of law running through the whole tribe as far as regards the law of inheritance, the duties of relationship, and the conduct of commercial intercourse, as among the Fans and Bakele. Such being the state of affairs, I will confine myself to sketching briefly, first the constitution of society among a pure Negro tribe ; secondly, that among a pure Bantu.
"Africa" By Ethlyn T. Clough 1911

http://books.google.com/books?id=E5wXAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA209#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
In Southern Africa the true negro is not found, and from the Equator to the Cape the continent is mainly populated by the various negroid branches of the great Bantu-speaking stock. The Bantu hordes, emigrating at various periods from the north of the Zambesi, possessed themselves of all the richer lands that were occupied by the aboriginal Hottentots and Bushmen. The Bantus are distinguished for their fine physique, notably in the case of the Zulus. Many of them are handsome, even from the European standpoint, with aqueline features and sometimes a complexion not darker than that of Southern Europeans. They -are a pastoral and agricultural people, breeding cattle in immense quantities, and cultivating cerials, principally mealies (maize) and Kaffir corn (millet). The Bantus are capable of a considerable degree of civilization, and their mental and moral qualities are higher than those of any negro race

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are pathetic excerpts, markellion. Why are you regurgitating European racial strategy? What is a "Negro"? What is a "Bantu"? And what seperates those in the Nile valley from those in west Africa? None of them are "negroes" or "Bantus", they're simply the same people from a common origin.

There is NO such as the "true negro", all indigenous Africans are related, STOP peddling senseless and racist European taxonomies.

Does it make you proud, when a European elevates some Africans whilst denigrating and segmenting others?

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity, what is the racist difference between a Bantu and a Negro. The first I hear of this distinction was on this Forum.

Are they saying that the Fulani(for example) are the Bantu. Or that tall thin "aquiline" Africans are Bantu. And that he shorter thick, broad Africans are Negroes?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they're not saying any of those things. All they're saying in a nutshell is that you're stupid bonehead totally incapabale of comprehending anything non-trivial. [Big Grin]

Shall I put up a quiz thread for you? You dog-breathed ones get excited over that sort of thing. Fetch tony, fetch! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. That Tony thing is funny. Ha! Ha!. Never been to the continent but 9-out-of 10 times I pick out an Ethiopian and Somalian from a Nigerian in Philly. Even a Kenyan from a Cameroonian. Similarly I can pick up Scandinavian Northern European from Italian or Greek. I can even tell Dravidian from a Brahmin.

So. . . there ARE physical differences based on origin.

That doesn’t make the Ethiopian non-African. . . .that said.

You keep failing your reading comprehension lesson. And why as a group we are looked upon as being stupid. We are so easily manipulated sometimes.

I understand DJ and his motive for being here, and his double speak, but you. . .? . . YH is the typical young black jackass which I ignore sometimes.

I don’t think you are African, but I will give you the benefit for now.

I asked a question because I don’t understand the basis for the classification. In case you missed it even Coon’s theory was based on physical evidence. Although he was wrongly attributing certain features as being “Caucasoid”. He concluded that some east Africans are dark Caucasoid. But we know WHY he did so.

I trying to understand “their” basis for saying that there is a difference between a Negro and a Bantu.

The strategy is simple. . .bro. . .you got to understand where they are coming from before you attack it.

Case in point . . . how I destroyed E3b1c1(?).

Osiron brings up an interesting point. His argument might have been made stronger if he cited readings which stated that HG-E came from outside Africa and built upon that. Instead he used typical brainless racist strategy. . . .physical appearance. .. . like Coon. Yeah , Melanesians and some African groups “look” similar but the stupid jackass failed to realize they are probable one of the furthest groups(genetically) from West Africans. They are separated by more than 50ky. Even some Euopeans are closer to Africans than Melanesians.

So Obatala . . . the above is an example of how you pick apart a fool like Osiron. Try to post intelligently next time.. . . .African brutha!

BTW what is the difference between the “true” Negro and Bantu? I always thought they were one and the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Obatala:
No, they're not saying any of those things. All they're saying in a nutshell is that you're stupid bonehead totally incapabale of comprehending anything non-trivial. [Big Grin]

Shall I put up a quiz thread for you? You dog-breathed ones get excited over that sort of thing. Fetch tony, fetch! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT THE F*CK IS A NEGRO???
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Yeah. That Tony thing is funny. Ha! Ha!. Never been to the continent but 9-out-of 10 times I pick out an Ethiopian and Somalian from a Nigerian in Philly. Even a Kenyan from a Cameroonian. Similarly I can pick up Scandinavian Northern European from Italian or Greek. I can even tell Dravidian from a Brahmin.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

[/QB][/QUOTE]

HOIK! [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ YH -

I understand DJ and his motive for being here, and his double speak, but you. . .? . . YH is the typical young black jackass which I ignore sometimes.

Is that you in the pic above?

How is that lovely lady of yours.

BTW what is hoik!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Hey sissy! I don't need a lesson from you on the term Negro.

I have been emancipated a long time ago.

As a African in the Dispora I am trying to understand what are the differences between a "Negro" and a "Bantu" . . . from a Markellion/Coon point of view.

I first heard of Bantu when reading up about aparthied. I thought all non-Afrikaans/San/Asians were Bantu. I now realize that the Euros distinguished Bantu vs Negro. I am trying to understand what it is.

I have respect for your knowledge but keep your fugcgking temple under control!!!

edit - oopss!! my apologies if you are NOT talking to me. Just realize you may be addressing the "topic" starter.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
WHAT THE F*CK IS A NEGRO???

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was just silliness. There is a reversal today when "Bantu" is used in a way to mean "true Negro"

quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
What is a "Negro"? What is a "Bantu"?

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
I actually believe that the lowering of the status of "Bantu" in recent times actually reflects views of Africa as being even more of a heart of darkness. It also reflects recent views of Africa as having no diversity since Bantu today seems to be associated with the stereotypical "True Negro" as I pointed out

Also today it seems that people associate Bantu with "west Africa" but in the olden days it was the "True Negro" that was associated with "west Africa"

"The image of Africa" By Philip D. Curtin

http://books.google.com/books?id=d6I665jBV_8C&lpg=PA399&dq=Bantu%20hamitic%20blood&lr=&pg=PA399#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
Koelle himself stayed clear of broad historical conclusions based on his linguistic data, but others were less cautious. As early as 1839, R.M. Macbriar, a Wesleyan missionary in the Gambia, believed he had discovered a linguistic relationship between Fulfulde and the Bantu languages. He concluded that neither the Fulbe nor the Bantu-speaking peoples were “true Negroes.” They must therefore be related peoples who had entered Africa together and then separated, as the Fulbe moved off toward Cape Verde and the Bantu toward the Cape of Good Hope. This suggestion was an early version of the “Hamite myth,” by which later racist historians transformed the Bantu language group into a racial group with “Hamite blood” and thus distinct from the “true Negroes” of West Africa.
Perry Noble another example of how the distinction is used.

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
East Africa, though facing an Orient sun, is, relatively, an unimportant sphere. It extends along the Indian Ocean from British Somalia to Zambesi River, and inland to joint frontiers with North, South and West Africa. It is more a Bantu than Negro land, but Arabs, ancient, mediaeval and modern, Baluchs, Hindoos and Persians have swarmed along its coast.
Perry Noble again:

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA8#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
Second in importance, perhaps, comes the Sudanese Negro. He ranges between Senegal and Sobat rivers, and from Sahara, or, rather, from Fezzan in Sahara, to the Gulf of Guinea, Welle River and Lake Albert. His home is over thirty-five hundred miles long, but it averages only seven hundred miles in extent from north to south. The situation between the Atlantic and the Nile has made Sudan the greatest of those horrible hunting grounds whose game consists of human beings. Within this comparatively contracted area, however, we find no such ethical nor linguistic oneness as among the Bantu.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@ YH -
WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!!
WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!![/i]

Calm down dear. [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
"The Uganda Protectorate" By Sir Harry Hamilton Johnston 1904

http://books.google.com/books?id=vyAUAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA474#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
of the West African coast-lands and later the Bantu type, which is little else than the West African Negro tinged in varying degrees with the results of Hamitic intermixture (the Hamites being either a half-way stage in the evolution of a white man * from the Negro, or an invasion from Asia of a Caucasian people which ages ago mixed considerably with Negroes till it had acquired very marked negroid characteristics).

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don't be dogmatic about this. In the case of Nigeria, for example, once you cross in to the northern parts from Ilorin onwards the people start looking like East Africans of the Horn area. Nigeria has a huge population and its peoples are relatively varied according to whether they are of coastal or savannah area origins.

The same for Italy: there are blonds and blue eyed people in northern Italy.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Obatala to Dog Pound from Snoop Dogg, to Gunnit. Hey YH why are these rejects following you around?

@ Lamin - I said 9 out of 10 times. Even with Europeans. I heard about northern Italians being blonde. Never really seen many blonde Italians in South Philly.. . . at least natural blondes. [Big Grin] Guess the blond Italians never visited Ellis Island [Wink]

Been too many parts of Germany and even they don't have many blondes.

@ Markellion - since the Africans(by birth) are caught up in BS trash talk. Are you saying that the Bantu is equivalent to what they USED TO be called the "Hamitic" Negro. And the Negro was/is the stereotypical true negro of WA.

And go easy Guys. I am only trying to understand. Even the Tutsi/Hutu thing was new to me. Never knew one group trace their ancestry from a different region in Africa. Looking up the issue on the web I can see physical differences. Just as there are physical differences between Europeans.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And go easy Guys. I am only trying to understand.

Obviously you're NOT ABLE because we've tried for years!!!

Look, cut your coat according to your size [Big Grin] and try solving these problems instead (you can use google to find the answers, yay! [Big Grin] ) :

quote:

Free Pub Quiz 1

Quiz 1

1. Who fronted the band ‘Culture Club’?

2. What does a bad workman always blame?

3. Which is more substantial, ‘Afternoon Tea’ or ‘High Tea’?

4. In medicine what do the initials E N T mean?

5. In which soap would you find a garage known as ‘The Arches’?

6. What is an ‘Alto Cumulus’?

7. In which European country would you find Tuscany?

8. Which is the busiest passenger ferry port in England?

9. What weapons are used in fencing?

10. What is the German word for ‘one’ (spelling must be correct)?

11. Which golfer Jack was nicknamed ‘The Golden Bear’?

12. In which Scottish City would you find Sauchiehall Street?

13. Which TV personality’s catchphrase is ‘Awright’?

14. Which musician was known as ‘Satchmo’?

15. Which royal was once married to Lord Snowden?

16. What do the initials MEP stand for?

17. In children’s television, what creature was Otis?

18. In which country would you find the pine scented wine ‘Retsina’?

19. What is Mozzarella?

20. In which country are Rhineland, Bavaria and Saxony?

21. Which Joan starred in ‘What ever happened to Baby Jane’?

22. Which part of your body does an orthodontist look after?

23. Is Sweden a Kingdom or a Republic?

24. What type of plant is associated with a viticulturist?

25. Which film contains the song ‘Hi Ho’?

26. For which country did Gavin Hastings play Rugby Union?

27. Which ice dance partnership performed to Ravel’s Bolero?

28. Which song contains the line ‘Feed the World’?

29. What are the initials of the painter ‘Lowry’?

30. What ‘flock together’?

http://www.freepubquizzes.com/

Enough pub stuff there to keep you and the boys going all night! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
It seems "Bantu" race was a racist myth and they were lower than "Hamite" but above "True Negro". The colonial hierarchy seems to go something like this:

True Negro - Bantu - Hamite - Semite - Aryan

(See the last post about "The Uganda Protectorate" "the Hamites being either a half-way stage in the evolution of a white man * from the Negro")

quote:

@ Markellion - since the Africans(by birth) are caught up in BS trash talk. Are you saying that the Bantu is equivalent to what they USED TO be called the "Hamitic" Negro. And the Negro was/is the stereotypical true negro of WA.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Yeah. I got the hierarchy grouping thingy. But what were the physical characteristics (by their standards) that made up the Negro vs the Bantu?

Eg I can tell Zulu vs Shiluk, Masai vs Fulani, Cameroonian vs Guinean, San vs pygmy, Ethiopian/Somalian vs Tanzanian. They are all black Africans.

Similarly for Iberians vs Northerners. Or Italians vs Greeks or Turks.

This is based in TV and those I met personally. So. . . Negro vs Bantu. What is a true Negro vs Bantu (by their definition)? And what African ethnic group comprises the true Negro

I understand the Hamitic vs True Negro.

--------------------

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Gooood dog! [Eek!]

You get a cookie [Big Grin]

-

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i may not always comment or see but don't think that duh n't mean these lil 'exchanges' ain't hilarious and entertaining.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Doesn't this answer all your questions?

quote:
Originally posted by markellion:
"Africa" By Ethlyn T. Clough 1911

http://books.google.com/books?id=E5wXAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA209#v=onepage&q=&f=false

In Southern Africa the true negro is not found, and from the Equator to the Cape the continent is mainly populated by the various negroid branches of the great Bantu-speaking stock. The Bantu hordes, emigrating at various periods from the north of the Zambesi, possessed themselves of all the richer lands that were occupied by the aboriginal Hottentots and Bushmen. The Bantus are distinguished for their fine physique, notably in the case of the Zulus. Many of them are handsome, even from the European standpoint, with aqueline features and sometimes a complexion not darker than that of Southern Europeans. They -are a pastoral and agricultural people, breeding cattle in immense quantities, and cultivating cerials, principally mealies (maize) and Kaffir corn (millet). The Bantus are capable of a considerable degree of civilization, and their mental and moral qualities are higher than those of any negro race

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
If you want to know how to distinguish a true Negro from a Bantu, it is called scientific racism!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

quote:
"Scientific Racism" from an American magazine, Harper’s Weekly , shows that the Irish are similar to Negroes, and should be extinct.

An illustration from the influential American magazine Harper's Weekly shows an alleged similarity between "Irish Iberian" and "Negro" features in contrast to the higher "Anglo-Teutonic." The accompanying caption indicates that the so-called Iberians were "believed to have been" an African race that invaded first Spain and then, apparently, Ireland, where they intermarried with native savages and "thus never made way...for superior races"

-
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
i may not always comment or see but don't think that duh n't mean these lil 'exchanges' ain't hilarious and entertaining.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00006729 [Big Grin]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ Markellion. So Bantus are found south of the Equator. And the true negro is found between the equator and the Sahara . . .generally.

So according to the "Coons" southern Africa has people that are fine and handsome by European standards. And are light in complexion as Southern Europeans.

I never knew that. I am sure many lurkers did not know that.

--------------------

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Of course opinions differed greatly between people. Quoting Perry Noble again

quote:
Perry Noble

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA7#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
The Negro heads the list. He presents himself in two vast regions, and, perhaps, in two branches. If we accept the distinction between the Sudanese Negro and the Bantu, we find the Negro proper in vast Sudan, the Negro-like Bantu south of the tenth parallel of north latitude. Of these twin brothers, the Bantu is generally rated above the Sudanese; but not a few authorities think more highly of the latter, and much by historians and scientists is adduced in his favor

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scientific racism indeed...I hope people take a look @ the video posted by Whatbox,early this week on the concept of race...I reposted over @ TNV the full series.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So. . . there ARE physical differences based on origin.

That doesn’t make the Ethiopian non-African. . . .that said.

You keep failing your reading comprehension lesson. And why as a group we are looked upon as being stupid. We are so easily manipulated sometimes.

I don’t think you are African, but I will give you the benefit for now.

I asked a question because I don’t understand the basis for the classification. In case you missed it even Coon’s theory was based on physical evidence. Although he was wrongly attributing certain features as being “Caucasoid”. He concluded that some east Africans are dark Caucasoid. But we know WHY he did so.

I trying to understand “their” basis for saying that there is a difference between a Negro and a Bantu.

The strategy is simple. . .bro. . .you got to understand where they are coming from before you attack it.

Case in point . . . how I destroyed E3b1c1(?).

Osiron brings up an interesting point. His argument might have been made stronger if he cited readings which stated that HG-E came from outside Africa and built upon that. Instead he used typical brainless racist strategy. . . .physical appearance. .. . like Coon. Yeah , Melanesians and some African groups “look” similar but the stupid jackass failed to realize they are probable one of the furthest groups(genetically) from West Africans. They are separated by more than 50ky. Even some Euopeans are closer to Africans than Melanesians.

So Obatala . . . the above is an example of how you pick apart a fool like Osiron. Try to post intelligently next time.. . . .African brutha!

BTW what is the difference between the “true” Negro and Bantu? I always thought they were one and the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Obatala:

No you are quite the idiot if you think I believe in Coon theories. The guy was clearly a coon and even had a name that suggested his idiocy. Racialism has this affect on the IQ of many.
Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I actually believe that the lowering of the status of "Bantu" in recent times actually reflects views of Africa as being even more of a heart of darkness. It also reflects recent views of Africa as having no diversity since Bantu today seems to be associated with the stereotypical "True Negro" as I pointed out

Also today it seems that people associate Bantu with "west Africa" but in the olden days it was the "True Negro" that was associated with "west Africa"

"The image of Africa" By Philip D. Curtin

http://books.google.com/books?id=d6I665jBV_8C&lpg=PA399&dq=Bantu%20hamitic%20blood&lr=&pg=PA399#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
Koelle himself stayed clear of broad historical conclusions based on his linguistic data, but others were less cautious. As early as 1839, R.M. Macbriar, a Wesleyan missionary in the Gambia, believed he had discovered a linguistic relationship between Fulfulde and the Bantu languages. He concluded that neither the Fulbe nor the Bantu-speaking peoples were “true Negroes.” They must therefore be related peoples who had entered Africa together and then separated, as the Fulbe moved off toward Cape Verde and the Bantu toward the Cape of Good Hope. This suggestion was an early version of the “Hamite myth,” by which later racist historians transformed the Bantu language group into a racial group with “Hamite blood” and thus distinct from the “true Negroes” of West Africa.
Perry Noble another example of how the distinction is used.

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
East Africa, though facing an Orient sun, is, relatively, an unimportant sphere. It extends along the Indian Ocean from British Somalia to Zambesi River, and inland to joint frontiers with North, South and West Africa. It is more a Bantu than Negro land, but Arabs, ancient, mediaeval and modern, Baluchs, Hindoos and Persians have swarmed along its coast.
Perry Noble again:

http://books.google.com/books?id=GIkAAAAAMAAJ&pg=RA1-PA8#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
Second in importance, perhaps, comes the Sudanese Negro. He ranges between Senegal and Sobat rivers, and from Sahara, or, rather, from Fezzan in Sahara, to the Gulf of Guinea, Welle River and Lake Albert. His home is over thirty-five hundred miles long, but it averages only seven hundred miles in extent from north to south. The situation between the Atlantic and the Nile has made Sudan the greatest of those horrible hunting grounds whose game consists of human beings. Within this comparatively contracted area, however, we find no such ethical nor linguistic oneness as among the Bantu.

True Negroes according to Coon are Bantu where as the SAN and Pygmy people are Capsoid and a entirely different race of people. Look at the Coon map. Very interesting in that he postulates something that genetics clearly indicates to be totally incorrect and yet Coon is what is used as an argument against a Black origin of Egypt. I am merely trying to get people to consider the source of their postulates when they try to make arguments supporting a racial classification system that puts Ethiopians and Somalians into the Caucasoid classification and separates them from the Bantu people of West Africa.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Osiron: True Negroes according to Coon are Bantu

Markellion:

Quoting Perry Noble, Of these twin brothers, the Bantu is generally rated above the Sudanese.

The Bantus are capable of a considerable degree of civilization, and their mental and moral qualities are higher than those of any Negro race.
(Ethlyn T. Clough 1911)

WHICH IS IT???. What are Bantus??

Are there any Euros in the house? Anyone who CLEARLY comprehends what is the man's theory. What is the Bantu and what is the Negro? I read the Bantu expansion started from North Central Africa and spread south through West Africa. . . . so that would mean most South and West Africans are Bantus except the older Pygmy and San groups.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xyyman asked:WHICH IS IT???. What are Bantus??

It is neither as there wasn't/isn't any negro or Bantu race...while one can discuss Coon as a person and why he wrote what he wrote...his theory it self is bankrupted and as the above shown to be nonsense.

Bantus are a language group...they vary from some pointy faced Tustis to some round faced Camaroons.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ You're talking to brick-wall brains. What's the point? [Big Grin]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
"hands on head shaking it" [Roll Eyes]

WHAT IS RACIST DEFINITION OF A BANTU?!!!! WHAT AFRICANS DO THEY CONSIDER BANTU AND WHO WERE THE NEGROS? !!!!!!!!

Coon says Negros and Bantus are one and the same. Others say there are not.

I was hoping to see something like:

Bantus: Zulu, Xhosa, Tutsi, Mosia, Shiluk etc
Negro: xx, xx, xx, xx , etc
Older Africans: San, pygmys, etc
Hamites: Somalians, Beja, Eritians etc

Why are you guys so defensive?

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

WOOF!

I can understand why you need your hands to shake your head, pot noodle and wank is all you have. Wouldn't wanna Be you mu dearest friend. [Big Grin]
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
You need to rank as Bantu or higher on this scale in order to understand what is going on. Immediately report to your nearest blood bank and ask for an infusion of Caucasian blood

True Negro - Bantu - Hamite - Semite - Aryan

quote:
"The Uganda Protectorate" By Sir Harry Hamilton Johnston 1904

http://books.google.com/books?id=vyAUAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA474#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:
page 473:

He must have wandered across the peninsula of Arabia, following, no doubt, the anthropoid apes which preceded him along the same route (Arabia then being well watered and covered with vegetation) into Eastern Africa, and in all probability he made his first permanent home within the limits of the Uganda Protectorate. In Arabia he either mingled with the Caucasian race from the north, or himself evolved a nobler and handsomer type. In one or other way arose the Hamite,* that negroid race which was the main stock of the ancient Egyptian, and is represented at the present day by the Somali, the Gala, and some of the blood of Abyssinia and of Nubia, and perhaps by the peoples of the Sahara Desert....

Page 474

of the West African coast-lands and later the Bantu type, which is little else than the West African Negro tinged in varying degrees with the results of Hamitic intermixture (the Hamites being either a half-way stage in the evolution of a white man * from the Negro, or an invasion from Asia of a Caucasian people which ages ago mixed considerably with Negroes till it had acquired very marked negroid characteristics).

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
“the Bantu speaking Kavirondo classed that people with the general Bantu type of the southern half of Africa On the other hand we have the Bahima a race which physically is most closely allied to the Somali the Gala and the ancient Egyptian all of which peoples spoke what we call Hamitic languages using at the present day the Bantu dialect of Unyoro a language closely related to the tongue of Uganda and belonging to a group of tongues usually associated with a Negro people”

“ In one or other way arose the Hamite that negroid race which was the main stock of the ancient Egyptian and is represented at the present day by the Somali the Gala and some of the blood of Abyssinia and of Nubia.. .”

Think I got what Coon was saying now.

1. So south of the Equator are Bantus. Some Bantus are also found mingled in West Africa(Coastal).
2. The True Negro is some West Africans and parts of East Africa. Found also in Southern Uganda.
3. The Ancient Egyptians were Negroid. (Tell that to Luciano)
4. Ancient Egyptian descendants speak a Negroid language.

Reading through the book/link all I have to say is PPHHHEEEWWW!!! What a bigot but . . . . . I have to acknowledge he described what he saw.

He documents the dissimilarity of people in just ONE part of Africa (Uganda)

--------------------

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Just so you know what you were quoting did not come from Coon. The opinions from the Uganda Protectorate were more old fashioned for example the Egyptians being "Negroid"
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Getting back to the topic “ Are Negros really African”.

The author is saying that the Negro is NOT indigenous to Africa. He is saying that the Negro is really South Asian like the Melanesians, Andamans etc.

That is really a novel theory.

I haven’t read the whole book but aside from the pygmy and San who are the other original people of Africa.. . . according to the author?

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until that insidious term 'negro' is defined the question remains unanswerable.

So I ask again, what the f*ck is a negro?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
^ indeed

For this thread it is people classified as Negroid according to Coon. This excludes Pygmies, SAN, Aethiopid Horn Africans and of course the Berber North Africans.

Essentially the main component of African American ancestry. The ones that racialist scientist of the pre-civil rights period were the focus of various race theories.

Are African Americans predominantly African or are they in fact Paleo-Asians similar to those found in New Guinea, Andamans, etc.

Is DE African or Asian!

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
^ indeed

For this thread it is people classified as Negroid according to Coon.

How does Coon define a "Negroid" and what is an Aethiopid? You're trying to explain what a "Negroid" is not but not what it is.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

WOOF!

let me guess this site makes you do that alot
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
^ indeed

For this thread it is people classified as Negroid according to Coon.

How does Coon define a "Negroid" and what is an Aethiopid? You're trying to explain what a "Negroid" is not but not what it is.
I believe it is a term used by scientific racism of the late 50s and 60s. Most of your haters on this forum use it as a way of providing subterfuge rather than substance into the discussion of Egypt's cultural origins.

Culture is not Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid or any of those other unscientific terms for adaptive features that can generally be found in all the different major climatic areas of the world. But I keep hearing people use the terms so I suspect that there are still many followers of Coon.

What most White people do not realize is that Coon thought that most Europeans were actually sub-human since he thought they were a mixture of Neanderthal and Sapiens. That there was an elite group of Europeans that were pure and these people were in fact the reason for the high level of civilization in Europe.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com