EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Turkey: Thousands attend bin Laden "funeral,"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Turkey: Thousands attend bin Laden "funeral,"
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turkey: Thousands attend bin Laden "funeral," call him "a beautiful, wise man, a warrior for Islam"

How is it that they call him a "warrior for Islam" when Muslims in the U.S. have been all over the media since he was killed, assuring us that his actions have nothing to do with Islam? Isn't there a single Islamic spokesman in the U.S. who will explain that cognitive dissonance? And if not, why not? And won't any non-Muslim analyst consider the implications of that unwillingness or inability to explain?

Turkey: Thousands attend bin Laden 'funeral

Thousands participated in a funeral ceremony for assassinated al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Istanbul on Friday, following Muslim burial rites but not including an actual burial.

"The US, UK and Israel are the murderers of the martyr," the participants chanted. "The US is the terrorist, bin Laden is the warrior."

The mourners carried pictures of bin Laden and signs condemning his assassination, and called the man who planned the September 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed thousands of Americans "a beautiful, wise man, a warrior for Islam."

The mourners, who gathered near Istanbul's Fatih Mosque, which is located in the area that is considered Turkey's epicenter of Islamic extremism, burned Israeli, American and British flags, and prayed facing a stone bench that traditionally holds the body of the deceased.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4066313,00.html

Speaking of Turkey, has anyone heard of the books of Turan Dursun. He was an ex-mufti, and basically the Turkish Ibn Warraq. He wrote several books in turkish criticizing islam and was eventually assassinated, but this led to increase in the sales of his books.

http://www.turandursun.com
english: http://www.turandursun.net/

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in any 'real' news as normal. How many funerals can one guy have ffs? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:
Turkey: Thousands attend bin Laden "funeral," call him "a beautiful, wise man, a warrior for Islam"

How is it that they call him a "warrior for Islam" when Muslims in the U.S. have been all over the media since he was killed, assuring us that his actions have nothing to do with Islam? Isn't there a single Islamic spokesman in the U.S. who will explain that cognitive dissonance? And if not, why not? And won't any non-Muslim analyst consider the implications of that unwillingness or inability to explain?

Simple Turkey is a nation 0f 73,000,000 million muslims. What is the significance of “thousands” and how many is it exactly 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, 10,000? When mass murderers such as George W Bush eventually die, tens of thousands of Christians will probably turn out for his funeral. Would the few represent Christianity, if they turn out with banners stating he wasa good man? Likewise are the few Bin Laden sympathizers a reflection of Islam. Probably in the mind of sickos such as yourself. This is an issue you may very well never overcome and that is judging an entire religion based on actions of small segments of that Religion. It's truly a twisted mentality, scrutinizing 1% and using it to justify your hate for an entire religion (Islam). You're sick in the head and in the heart.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I must be in a minority but I dont mind vw's posts...her views are shared by a lot of people and its interesting seeing responses. It would be a very boring forum if everyone agreed. Its made me look up and read heaps of things Id never have known otherwise. I think its a shame more Muslims havent spoken out against Bin Laden. I think peoples suspicions are that the lack of response in the negetive makes it seem there is a complicity...
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

It was just a 'group' not thousands of people. Turkey has the population of 75,000,000 and that kind of radicals are not more than few thousands.

As for Turan Dursun, he is a former Muslim, present Atheist. I mean he is against all religions, not only Islam.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:

Simple Turkey is a nation 0f 73,000,000 million muslims. What is the significance of “thousands” and how many is it exactly 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, 10,000? When mass murderers such as George W Bush eventually die, tens of thousands of Christians will probably turn out for his funeral. Would the few represent Christianity, if they turn out with banners stating he wasa good man? Likewise are the few Bin Laden sympathizers a reflection of Islam. Probably in the mind of sickos such as yourself. This is an issue you may very well never overcome and that is judging an entire religion based on actions of small segments of that Religion. It's truly a twisted mentality, scrutinizing 1% and using it to justify your hate for an entire religion (Islam). You're sick in the head and in the heart.
Fully agree Exile [Wink]

wv, don't think you are siding with Turan Dursun, he also dislikes Christianity [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glassflower:
well I must be in a minority but I dont mind vw's posts...her views are shared by a lot of people and its interesting seeing responses. It would be a very boring forum if everyone agreed. Its made me look up and read heaps of things Id never have known otherwise. I think its a shame more Muslims havent spoken out against Bin Laden. I think peoples suspicions are that the lack of response in the negetive makes it seem there is a complicity...

Ignorance is not an excuse. The perception that Muslims haven't spoken out against Bin Laden is a western media tacit and spread by ignoramuses. The same media that turned the blind eye on the Iraq invasion. The fact is numerous Muslims on Radio, TV, conferences, etc condemned Al-Aqeda. Aside from 9/11 the overwhelming victims of Al-Qaeda have been Muslims in Muslim countries. (1). There was the Amman Message, OIC conference, the Doha Conference, Muslim Indian against Terrorism conference, Madina University against Terrorism, numerous Imams/Sheiks decreeing Bin Laden's action and terroris as haram and forbidden, etc, etc all of which Muslims from all over the world condemned Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. The only complicity here is ignorant people bying into the propaganda that Muslims stood in silence.

1- http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/14/al-qaeda-hurts-muslims-most/

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The only complicity here is ignorant people bying into the propaganda that Muslims stood in silence.'

lol...people are mostly sheeple....most are working and looking after families and dont have lives of 'mmm what restaurant shall I go out to tonight or Ill stay home and whizz up something tasty and tell everyone on the internet'....and call people ignorant if they dont read as much as me on the internet....

Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glassflower:
'The only complicity here is ignorant people bying into the propaganda that Muslims stood in silence.'

lol...people are mostly sheeple....most are working and looking after families and dont have lives of 'mmm what restaurant shall I go out to tonight or Ill stay home and whizz up something tasty and tell everyone on the internet'....and call people ignorant if they dont read as much as me on the internet....

[Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com