EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » In-laws in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In-laws in Egypt
lotusflower
Member # 4661

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lotusflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am married to a man from Luxor under an Orfi paper - this is an A3 green document with appears to be offical (various stamps by the Court/police) - I do obtain immediate discounts on inland flights for Egyptair, hotels, tourist sites - I visit Luxor about 4 times a year, have met his family (who are nice) but would prefer if they stayed on the West Bank rather than having them coming to my flat for dinner (I get tired playing host all the time) brothers, sister, uncles, aunts, mother, father, co-wife, his child, some other distant ralations (maybe its my cooking) - now do not tell me that this is a secret marriage - wish it was a secret marriage sometimes, so me and my man could have our time together in Luxor in peace.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think i have the same green paper as you but have been told off for calling i orfi as it is islamic. Who knows.

Back to more important stuff yes I get discount at sites, hotels, Egypt air and don't have to pay visa on entry

If the family know about you then you are islamic marriage too. Welcome to the club

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lotusflower:
I visit Luxor about 4 times a year, have met his family (who are nice) but would prefer if they stayed on the West Bank rather than having them coming to my flat for dinner (I get tired playing host all the time) brothers, sister, uncles, aunts, mother, father, co-wife, his child, some other distant ralations (maybe its my cooking) - now do not tell me that this is a secret marriage - wish it was a secret marriage sometimes, so me and my man could have our time together in Luxor in peace.

I think dealing with family is part of the program if you marry (official orfi - like you and Jane - or otherwise)an Egyptian man. You marry the whole fam damily. Maybe you should have read Janes posts more before marrying the guy.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could your cooking skills take a turn for the worse!
My husband is so nervous about the day I finally cook for his family and continually thanks god there is a 5 hour journey between Sharm and Cairo so it hasn't happened yet!!

I don't know why but everytime I suggest his friends come to dinner he is so considerate and says lets take them out to a restaurant

Guess at the moment you are a big novelty to them, perhaps it will calm down in the future.

Think you are stuck with this one.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com