EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  this white Egypt bullshit NEEDS TO STOP. (Page 4)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   this white Egypt bullshit NEEDS TO STOP.
Mansa Musa

posted 23 October 2005 09:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
well the arrows also extend from the Tanzania/Mozambique area to a larger cluster, then to West Africa. so based on that, it looks like slaves were brought there. which they weren't. so the same rule must apply to the other arrows and their locations. to me it looks like slaves were taken from Upper Egypt/Northern Sudan. but i don't know.

The map appears to indicate that slaves were taken from the East African cluster in ships and traveled up the Red Sea.

I'm not aware of Upper Egyptians or Sudanese being traded as slaves, its possible but I can't say for certain without a historical reference.

The map came from this link:
http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/mapofafricadiaspora.html

A more detailed map with keys like the ones in the colonial Africa map probably would have been more helpful in determining who was exported from these clusters and to where.

IP: Logged

Mazigh

posted 23 October 2005 09:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
Is that even a coherent statement?

but you understood the context. i'm sure you did.

Djehuti

posted 23 October 2005 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazigh:
begin with sayying that the berber are diffirent, and place some animals with them!

LOL I don't know what Mazigh meant by that, but Beanpie is indeed correct. She is merely repeating what we have been saying to Mazigh since he first came to the forum: that Berbers are HETEROGENEOUS and NOT A SINGLE WHITE RACE, as Mazigh continuously spouts.

beanpiee

posted 23 October 2005 02:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for beanpiee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
THE PICS AT THE FOLLOWING SITE, WERE TAKEN AT THE CAIRO MUSEUM BY A CAUCASIAN! .

LET THE PICS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!...
www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGpix.htm

Mansa Musa

posted 23 October 2005 03:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beanpiee:
THE PICS AT THE FOLLOWING SITE, WERE TAKEN AT THE CAIRO MUSEUM BY A [b] CAUCASIAN! .

LET THE PICS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!...
www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGpix.htm [/B]

Bean, pictures are never going to be the authority on these discussions because people see what they want to see in them. Believe me, I went that route once. The discussion of the ethnicity if the Ancient Egyptians is better done analyzing anthropology, genetics, culture, archeology and PROPERLY interpreting pictures.

Arguing that Freeman is an authority because he is a White man with pictures is never going to get people to accept your position. They probably won't accept it either way but spamming that link will get us nowhere.

beanpiee

posted 23 October 2005 03:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for beanpiee     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The solid range of methodologies employed by Dr. Diop in the course of his extensive Afro-Egyptian labors included: examinations of the epidermis of the mummies of Egyptian kings for verification of their melanin content; precise osteological measurements and meticulous studies in the various relevant areas of anatomy and physical anthropology; careful examinations and comparisons of modern Upper Egyptian and West African blood-types; detailed Afro-Egyptian linguistic studies and the corroboration of distinct Afro-Egyptian cultural traits; documents of racial designations employed by the early Africans themselves; Biblical testimonies and references that address the ancient Egyptian's ethnicity, race and culture; and the writings of early Greek and Roman travelers and scholars describing the physical characteristics of the ancient Egyptians.

The original Egyptians were unmixed pure black folks. When they were at the pinnacle of their glory they were not a mixed group by any means. During the middle dynasties especially (and later) when people migrated to this great land there was some intermarrying. This is natural and doesn't need to be debated. It was even done within royalty lines at times to solidify alliances, which was a common practice between powers during that period of history. Chancellor Williams refers to this phenomenon in his book "The Destruction of Black Civilization." And frankly, he theorizes that this mixing was part of the reason for the fall of Black Civilization. Nevertheless, there was never so much of this that at any time the ancient Egyptians could ever be classified as other than a black people.

It's reasonable to say that Egypt was a gateway for the meeting and interchange of goods, ideas, and people; and that the Egyptians were themselves a unique expression of human strength, beauty, intelligence and diversification. Ancient Egypt was an African civilization. It is also interesting to note that the Biblical record states "Israel also came into Egypt...the land of Ham." (Psalm 105: 23).

Plus we need to be reminded that Egypt is in Africa (not the Middle East) and that all of the Pharaohs (up to and including the 25th Dynasty) would have been required to "sit at the back of a bus" in the 1940s in Montgomery Alabama. Let's allow the pictures to speak for themselves...
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGhistory.htm

Mansa Musa

posted 23 October 2005 03:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree with everything on there except for the racist idea that intemarrying foreigners was a factor in the decline of Ancient Egyptian civilization, such an idea is the White Supremacist philosophy in reverse in which the Egyptians are said to be White and declined because of mixing with Blacks and Semites.

Modern Day anthropologists have confirmed many of Diop's claims. In any case there really isn't a debate to be had anymore the best thing to do is promote what we do know because what we do know is the truth.

Underpants Man

posted 24 October 2005 05:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Underpants Man     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
The original Egyptians were unmixed pure black folks. When they were at the pinnacle of their glory they were not a mixed group by any means.

Actually, they were mixed. Egypt has always been racially heterogeneous since ancient times. To argue otherwise is like arguing that Americans today are unmixed pure whites.

Djehuti

posted 24 October 2005 11:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underpants Man:
Actually, they were mixed. Egypt has always been racially heterogeneous since ancient times. To argue otherwise is like arguing that Americans today are unmixed pure whites.

There has really been no conclusive evidence of Egyptians having any non-African ancestry until the Middle Kingdom with the advent of the Hyksos. There are those that argue there was an Asiatic presence in Lower Egypt during Dynastic times, yet this has remained inconclusive. What is certain is that Lower Egyptians did indeed have contact with the Levant by evidence of material, but as far as the actual people it is still a matter of debate.

Personally I don't how Lower Egypt could be any less African than Upper Egypt.

osirion

posted 24 October 2005 10:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

I disagree, Eurasians were present in the Delta areas since the time of Narmer and before. Just look at the Narmer plate, those are clearly Eurasians being conquered by Upper Egyptians; which Narmer may have himself been a mix between Eurasian an African based on his appearance.

This debate would be over and done with if it wasn't for the Eurasian element in pre-dynastic lower Egypt. What is far more conclusive is the continuity of African culture in Egypt up until Ptolemy/Egypt.

Discussion about culture is far more effective than trying to rule out the obvious migration of Eurasian people into the Delta areas and across Northern Africa.

Mansa Musa

posted 25 October 2005 12:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underpants Man:

That doesn't sound like a good analogy to me.

America 5000 years ago was not racially, culturally or in any way identical to America today.

It may be true that the territory encompassing America today was not occupied by a single unified civilization in antiquity the way Egypt was but Modern Egypt is no more than same country as Ancient Egypt than Modern Italy was Ancient Rome. Rome was a city-state in what is now Modern Italy. Likewise Khemet was a nation in what is now Modern Egypt.

Racial purity is not an issue here. Rome and Greece were not racially homogenous societies either, neither during their civilization's existence nor at its founding.

[This message has been edited by Mansa Musa (edited 25 October 2005).]

kenndo

posted 25 October 2005 03:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kenndo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Doesn't Nilotic mean people related the the Nile? The Nile also runs through the Sudan. Or are you speaking of Language?
--------------------------------------------
no.
THE other nilo-saharans,like the dinka,nuer,etc would be ethnic wise nilotic and thier language group in the nilo-saharan group.
THE nubian language is nilo-saharan too,but they speak a sudanic language and they come from the southwest-central/southern sahara/and central africa.

now for another post.
menes to me looks like a pure african and he was,mixing was first only wide spread in lower egypt after menes conquered lower egypt.
picture of menes. http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:aXgw_deFHQMJ:www.aldokkan.com/egypt /menes.jpg

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 25 October 2005).]

Thought2

posted 25 October 2005 03:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

Racial purity is not an issue here. Rome and Greece were not racially homogenous societies either, neither during their civilization's existence nor at its founding.

Thought Writes:

Good point. The idea of a people being "Mixed Race" is obsolete because of the non-existence of Races in a biological sense. The term Race implies a biological grouping that is distinct from others. This is a non-starter because all Non-Africans carry a subset of African genetic lineages. In addition that have been additional waves of genes flowing bi-directionally between Africa and Western Eurasia since the Mesolithic introduction of Black African derived lineage E3b1 delta into Europe. Of course some have espoused a critically flawed theory that somehow to claim that by calling E3b1 delta Black African derived one is espousing a Racial paradigm. This could not be further from the truth. The term "caucasoid" by its very etymological structure implies Race because of the focus on Typeology in the suffix 'oid. The term Black on the other hand is a more fluid term that represents ranges, variability and human interaction. The term Black is rooted in the American experience and hence it needs to be LOCALIZED into different languages and not TRANSLATED. To localize is to translate in a way that makes sense to the intended audience, which is the local one. Black people in the USA have allways known that they have genetic links to northern europeans and/or Native Americans, yet we also realize that we are PRIMARILY African in a biological sense. Hence the term Black unlike 'Caucasoid' recognizes plurality and unity simultaneously.

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 25 October 2005).]

Djehuti

posted 25 October 2005 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
...Just look at the Narmer plate, those are clearly Eurasians being conquered by Upper Egyptians; which Narmer may have himself been a mix between Eurasian an African based on his appearance...

It's one thing to argue the presence of Asiatics in the Delta, but Narmer is from the south. Most anthropologists agree there wasn't that significant mixing between Lower and Upper populations until dynastic times. Exactly how does Narmer's appearance look 'mixed' anyway?! We have been over the variety of features 'pure' Africans have, why attribute his appearance to admixture?

Thought2

posted 25 October 2005 01:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
It's one thing to argue the presence of Asiatics in the Delta, but Narmer is from the south. Most anthropologists agree there wasn't that significant mixing between Lower and Upper populations until dynastic times. Exactly how does Narmer's appearance look 'mixed' anyway?! We have been over the variety of features 'pure' Africans have, why attribute his appearance to admixture?

Thought Writes:

Again, whenever you see someone arguing for representational evidence in ancient artifacts be cautious. Artifacts are secondary evidence to genetic and cranial anlaysis in evaluating biological affinities. There certainly may have been "Asiatics" in proto-dynastic Egypt, but many of them probably looked like modern day Upper Egyptians.

Horemheb

posted 25 October 2005 01:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Whether they argue about genetic evidence or artifacts they need to have enough education to understand what they are reading.

Mansa Musa

posted 25 October 2005 03:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Whether they argue about genetic evidence or artifacts they need to have enough education to understand what they are reading.

Horemheb, I sense a bit of hypocrisy from you.

How can you say people need to have a certain amount of education in what they are reading to hold a discussion on this forum and then give credence to ANYTHING Dr. Zahi Hawass says about an anthropological subject?

Now Hore, I for one don't think you are stupid. I just think you are so stubborn that you are less concerned about contradicting yourself than you are stating an opinion just to perpetuate your point of view.

If it doesn't agree with your point of view then whoever said it is sipping koolaide. Logic need not apply. Contradictions need not be addressed. I'd hate to be one of your students professor.

You know funnily enough I had a biology teacher in 9th grade who was viewed as being such a crackpot that the students in my class got together and had a walkout. We all went straight to the office and complained to the principal.

I any case I haven't heard a single person on here claim to have a degree in anthropology so I'd assume most of the people in this forum citing posts are operating on intellectualism in their interpretations of the data rather than formal education.

So I agree with the point that in order for their words to be taken objectively they would have to be formally educated in the subject. I don't think Rasol, Charlie Bass, Thought or anyone else would be admitted into an institution to give a lecture on the data they are trying to interpret.

That however doesn't mean that there isn't anything valid to what they are saying and I for one give them credence on many of the major points they are trying to make because they have consulted the professionals whose work they are citing in their interpretation of that work and those scholars have supported their opinions or corrected them when they are wrong bolstering the accuracy of their future opinions.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4