EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  this white Egypt bullshit NEEDS TO STOP. (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   this white Egypt bullshit NEEDS TO STOP.
walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Alicia actually looks Egyptian in the picture. the hair style and mascara is very Egyptian like.

even with light skin, those Egyptian women are portrayed as recognizable Africans.

IP: Logged

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Look like North Africans to me.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
looks like light skinned black women to me.

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
might look like it to you walk but guess what....its not.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
if you asked 100 people what ethnicity today resembles those women, 90 of them would likely say either light skinned black or mixed (white and black). nobody would call them caucasian/white.

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nope, I had an Egyptian girl in class back in the 90's who looked just like those wall reliefs, she was not black. Walk , stop sounding ignornat...you can do better.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 02:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Nope, I had an Egyptian girl in class back in the 90's who looked just like those wall reliefs, she was not black. Walk , stop sounding ignornat...you can do better.

Answer this simple question: Are Ethiopians and Somalians Black?

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
sure they would, they are (as Dr Hawass said) North African caucasians. In other words, they are white people.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well i am Egyptian American (and black) and i look like that depiction as well.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 02:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Answer the simple question. Are Ethiopians like these men below - Black Men?

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 02:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Mansa, Jesus you guys are dumb...ALL of North africa is composed of the same people. You are trying to convinced me that the people who settled libya just ignored the delta in the earliest times and did not migrate there? many of our schools offer some excellent survey copurses in western civilization. You can take them on line.

Nope sorry Hore but you are wrong. Read Keita's analysis of North African crania. The North West region of the Sahara known as the Magrheb were home to the Cro-Magnoid. Your "honrary Whites". The Nile Valley region was settled by a tropical African people. A people who's civilization developed much faster than that of the Libyan (the North Africans you speak of). Just because there is a "Caucasiod" presence in much of North Africa doesn't mean it is a given that the occupied all of that region.

Read and be enlightened:
http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/keita_1990_northern_africa_1_.pdf

Hore, you can do your sad song and dance all you want you have no explanation for why if the Egyptians were the same people as the Caucasions of North West Africa, why did they portray them and their Asiatic neighbors as clearly lighter skinned than themselves:

From Left to Right: Syrio-Palestinian (Levantine people), Nubian (Southern Nilotics), Libyan (Your Saharan Caucasiods), Egyptians (Northern Nilotics)

We know why the Nubians are painted jet black . The people of Sudan are some of the darkest Black Africans in all of Africa. Most Black Aficans around the Horn of Africa are a medium-brown. This is just one very simple example that refutes your claims. Horemheb, you're done, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. You've got nothing.

All of North Africa is not composed of the same people no matter how much you want to make it true.

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I would not teach those theories. I do not know anyone who would. keita is quoted almost exclusivily by afrocentrics.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the Egyptians are painted as dark brown, just like this depiction of men from Punt (Horn of Africa)

just like the Egyptians.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 02:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
sure they would, they are (as Dr Hawass said) North African caucasians. In other words, they are white people.

Are these Black men?

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 02:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Look like North Africans to me.

That's because you are smoking crack Hore. Those women are not even light skinned they clearly have a brown skintone and thick hair. Yes they are North Africans. Black north Africans.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 02:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Horemheb, are these Ethiopians black people?

the girl in the back with white on looks like me.

[This message has been edited by walklikeanegyptian (edited 18 October 2005).]

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
They look black but they do not look like the people on the relief you posted.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 02:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
They look black but they do not look like the people on the relief you posted.

Do these men actually LOOK? Black?

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
They look part black but again, they don't look like the girls in the relief.

[This message has been edited by Horemheb (edited 18 October 2005).]

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 03:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
this is an unscientific troll thread but oh well. Here is a reference.

Egyptian women

Which image do they look like?

1. This one?

Black woman

2. Or this one?

Magrheb woman

walklikeanegyptian

posted 18 October 2005 03:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the black woman. and only an idiot would say otherwise.

Horemheb

posted 18 October 2005 03:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
They don't look like either one. The girls on the relief look like they could have come from the Lavant, say Syrian. Their hair looks a little african but we know those are wigs..

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 03:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Right so now they looked like this Horemheb?

People can truly see what the want to see.

Horemheb you have stated that it is unrealistic to believe North Africans did not migrate across all of the Sahara.

Now you state the Egyptians could possibly be Levantine people.

Do you find it illogical that the people who occupised the Nile Valley could not have come from the Horn of Africa? Just answer me this.

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 04:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the ancient egyptians are believed to be originated in the so called "central sahara", this sahara was inhabited by multi-racial people, from balck people to blonde white people.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 04:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Boy, I would hate to agree with Mazigh on something so no comment.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 04:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
They look part black but again, they don't look like the girls in the relief.

[This message has been edited by Horemheb (edited 18 October 2005).]

Really. What makes them look part Black to you? Be clear on the description of their Blackness.

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 04:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazigh:
the ancient egyptians are believed to be originated in the so called "central sahara", this sahara was inhabited by multi-racial people, from balck people to blonde white people.

I've never heard of the "Central Sahara" term before but this map does not include modern Egypt.

Who says the Ancient Egyptians were believed to originate in that part of the Sahara?

From Ancient Egyptian written record, greek writings and modern archeology all reputed evidence for the Egyptian origins is the Horn of Africa region.

[This message has been edited by Mansa Musa (edited 18 October 2005).]

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 04:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
I've never heard of the "Central Sahara" term before but this map does not include modern Egypt.
[b]http://www.peakbagger.com/map/r611.gif[/img]

Who says the Ancient Egyptians were believed to originate in that part of the Sahara?

From Ancient Egyptian written record, greek writings and modern archeology all reputed evidence for the Egyptian origins is the Horn of Africa region.

I think that the culture that brought about the Egyptian Dynasties can be traced down the Nile to Northern Sudan. Ausar would be a better person to get an answer from on this subject.

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 04:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

that map is according to me incorrect, the central sahara or the central desert begings from the southern side of the medettirranean see to the depth of the desert in tchad and niger.
maybe, rasol knows here more about.

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 05:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
those people are medettirranean, i think:

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 05:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
those people are medettirranean, i think:

First, is it authentic and from what ERA. It reminds me alot of the Roman period.

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 05:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
They don't look like either one. The girls on the relief look like they could have come from the Lavant, say Syrian. Their hair looks a little african but we know those are wigs..

Don't be trapped into making yourself look stupid. You can't tell ethnicity from these pictures. All you can tell is perhaps hair texture and symbolic skin tone.

Don't play stupid games. Syrians - good gried. Go get Syrian pictures and compare!

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 05:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
First, is it authentic and from what ERA. It reminds me alot of the Roman period.

i don't know if it is authentic or not, i cannot know that. i see the god osiris, so it can't be non-egyptian. but sometimes some skilled webmasters add fictional characters, i saw a depiction with ancient egyptian character with the modern egyptian and american flags.

[This message has been edited by Mazigh (edited 18 October 2005).]

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 05:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I had that same discussion with Ausar about images. He said some of these images have been restored and colored in when once they were not colored.

Like I said in an above post I'm not saying there were no "Mediterranean" people in Egypt in Dynastic times only that they were likely a minority.

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 05:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I had that same discussion with Ausar about images. He said some of these images have been restored and colored in when once they were not colored.

Like I said in an above post I'm not saying there were no "Mediterranean" people in Egypt in Dynastic times only that they were likely a minority.

the blacks were a minority too. the egyptians were between black and white, like as the most north africans. this would not be so strange since the egyptians are north africans.

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 05:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
[b]I had that same discussion with Ausar about images. He said some of these images have been restored and colored in when once they were not colored.

the blacks were a minority too. the egyptians were between black and white, like as the most north africans. this would not be so strange since the egyptians are north africans.[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know what your standards are but between Black and White usually means "Black" where I come from.

We aren't going to get any serious discussion done in this thread. I've already seen the bulk of the evidence which includes peer reviewed anthropological studies, cultural studies, historical sources and depictions in art to determine who the original Egyptians were who founded the Pharonic era and what area of the world they originated in to determine my opinion. It is an opinion quickly becoming accepted by mainstream society and scholarship with the more we learn about Egypt.

You are entitled to your opinion, some people think the Greeks and the Romans shouldn't be considered White and no one can convince them differently. Oh well.

Djehuti

posted 18 October 2005 06:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Mansa, Jesus you guys are dumb...ALL of North africa is composed of the same people. You are trying to convinced me that the people who settled libya just ignored the delta in the earliest times and did not migrate there? many of our schools offer some excellent survey copurses in western civilization. You can take them on line.

As usual the Professor makes generalizations about places he knows little about, yet calls other dumb!!!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 18 October 2005).]

Djehuti

posted 18 October 2005 06:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

LOL I have seen plenty of Palestinian and Israeli girls and they look nothing like those Egyptian girls in the relief!

Hore, even if they were wigs, why make wigs look like African hair if they were not African?!!

AFROCENTRIST32

posted 18 October 2005 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AFROCENTRIST32     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

The truth is you could give a hoot about AE history. It is a tool you use to push a radical racist political perspective.

PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED BY HOREMHEB.....AKA the History teacher.....AKA.......underling of Zahi Hawass

leba

posted 18 October 2005 06:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
now, let us see. do the average AE look more like Zahi Hawass, or more like the average African American? such a hard choice.

Ancient Egytpians

looked

nothing

like broad face...flat nose West Africans/Afro-Americans/Bantus

deal

with

it

AFROCENTRIST32

posted 18 October 2005 06:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AFROCENTRIST32     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leba:

Ancient Egytpians

looked

[b]nothing

like broad face...flat nose West Africans/Afro-Americans/Bantus

deal

with

it

[/B]

QUITE PROFOUND

broad face...flat nose West Africans/Afro-Americans/Bantus

I just don't understand why some of you think that those words are supposed to offend people who look like that.

broad faced....flat nosed.......

those are beautiful qualities.....

your love for and preoccupation with european ideals of beauty loudly and "clearly" speak to your level of bias...

it affects you and what you believe...

deal

with

it

....... I understand the pain of colonialism .......I know what it has done to your mind......you don't want anything to be good that isn't associated with europeans......and everything black or associated with the word black has negative connotations or is bad and big and flat and broad and ugly...........

be at peace Leba

if a big nosed bantu has wronged you I'm sorry; but it doesn't change your relationship to that big nosed broad faced bantu!

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 06:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Who is more the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

I don't see any half-educated Afrocentrics on here Hore.

I see a foul mouthed, anthropology obsessed Mediterraneanist.

An East African Supremacist.

Some Pan-Aryan "honorary white" Berbers.

A teenage Egyptian girl angry at Eurocentrists trying to distort her heritage.

A couple people of African descent also a bit obsessed with anthropology.

An Egyptian Moderator trying to regulate a forum in which he doesn't have authority to ban the trolls.

And a Nutty "Professor".

Anyway, think what you like about the other members here Horemheb. This is just how I see it. I'm here to learn I thing or two for a project I'm working on but it would be nice if every other thread wasn't about the cliche race debate. What ever happened to that list of 15 books you said you read?

East African Supremacy is perhaps the silliest position on this forum.

Keins

posted 18 October 2005 06:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Keins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think these subtle lies "AE were multiracial" is despirate and deceitful. Well I guess its safe to say that Greece and Rome are of multicultural origins especially since the are outliers in some european genetic clusters.

quote:

Underpants Man

posted 18 October 2005 06:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Underpants Man     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
looks like light skinned black women to me.

Keep in mind that the paint may have "lightened" after centuries of erosion (I swear, the women's feet in that relief look darker, hinting at what the women's true color may have really been when that relief was painted).

quote:
those people are medettirranean

And the leopardskin looks blue.

[This message has been edited by Underpants Man (edited 18 October 2005).]

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 07:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mazigh's position isn't as hateful as the attempt to separate Egypt from the African continent.

Leba's position of East/Horn African supremacy is quite comical. I've seen plenty of broad nosed Horn Africans. He really shows the weakest position when he caters to Eurocentric beliefs about Black Africans. Its rather pathetic really.

Horn Africans and other tropical Africans have alot of cultural similarities and origins. I'm starting to think Leba has been abused in some way by a West or Central African it would be a sad state of affairs if there are more people like him in Horn African countries.

Mazigh

posted 18 October 2005 07:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mazigh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Mazigh's position isn't as hateful as the attempt to separate Egypt from the African continent.

i don't try to separate it from the african continent, because i myself am african. i say they were brown or at least a mix of blacks, browns and whites.

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 07:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
[b]Mazigh's position isn't as hateful as the attempt to separate Egypt from the African continent.

i don't try to separate it from the african continent, because i myself am african. i say they were brown or at least a mix of blacks, browns and whites.[/B][/QUOTE]

What exactly is brown to you? Where are you from by the way?

Keins

posted 18 October 2005 07:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Keins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Caucasian?

Caucasian?

Caucasian?

I don't want to be a picture spammer. Just a few more!

cAuCaSiAn?

osirion

posted 18 October 2005 07:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Egyptians cannot be classified objectively by our racial concepts.

Off to learn something.

Mansa Musa

posted 18 October 2005 08:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mansa Musa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

Egyptians cannot be classified objectively by our racial concepts.

Off to learn something.

If they can't than who can?

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4