EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  pictures of people from all parts of Egypt (Page 4)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   pictures of people from all parts of Egypt
ausar

posted 24 September 2005 05:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Daniel Pipes replies:

He was born Mikha'il Shalhub, a Catholic of Lebanese origins, in Alexandria on 10 April 1932. Though not religious, he converted to Islam in 1955 to marry the Egyptian film diva Fatin Hamama, and at that time took the name ?Umar ash-Sharif.
http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/1951

Just as the teeth have been cosmeticized, so has Mr. Sharif's identity. He's really Michel Shalhoub, an Alexandria-born, Lebanese-Syrian who took his stage name, as do most other actors, for precise box office reasons. One story is he picked the Omar, after the American general, Bradley, and to recall the Persian pearl of wisdom, Khayyam. The Sharif suggests a cross between a sheriff and a sheik. That's what he says, anyway, and with a straight face.
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197101/omar.as.in.bradley.htm

IP: Logged

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 05:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Look, I did not bring Omar Sharif into the discussion. My job is to TRY TO CORRECT THE MISINFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED AS FACTS--

A GOOD EXAMPLE IS THIS GARBAGE ABOUT OMAR.

quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
Giza Rider, you've 'ridden' too far away from the point...

[QUOTE]
[b]There were also lots of Jews,Greeks,and Armenians that lived in Alexandria.
Many Jews converted to either Christianity or Islam during 1948 to remain in Egypt after Israel was established...

So bringing Omar Sharif into the discussion, is just another mumbo jumbo that topics like this make inevitable, with trolls being around. [/B][/QUOTE]

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 05:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for correcting your info.

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Daniel Pipes replies:

He was born Mikha'il Shalhub, a Catholic of Lebanese origins, in Alexandria on 10 April 1932. Though not religious, he converted to Islam in 1955 to marry the Egyptian film diva Fatin Hamama, and at that time took the name ?Umar ash-Sharif.
http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/1951

Just as the teeth have been cosmeticized, so has Mr. Sharif's identity. [b]He's really Michel Shalhoub, an Alexandria-born, Lebanese-Syrian who took his stage name, as do most other actors, for precise box office reasons. One story is he picked the Omar, after the American general, Bradley, and to recall the Persian pearl of wisdom, Khayyam. The Sharif suggests a cross between a sheriff and a sheik. That's what he says, anyway, and with a straight face.
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197101/omar.as.in.bradley.htm

[/B]

Super car

posted 24 September 2005 05:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giza-Rider:
Look, I did not bring Omar Sharif into the discussion. My job is to TRY TO CORRECT THE MISINFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED AS FACTS--

...misinformation about Omar Sharif; how does that have nothing to do with Omar Sharif?

quote:
Giza-Rider:

A good example about this remark being done out of illiteracy or language barrier, is your inability to comprehend that my comment says NOTHING about Omar Sharif, other than the fact that you missed the point of the person you were purportedly replying to...the irrelevancy of bringing about the actor.

That desert heat is becoming quite unbearable, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 24 September 2005).]

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 07:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]ALSO, THE JEWISH PART IS A MYTH--OMAR SHARIF WAS CHRISTIAN BEFORE HE CONVERTED TO ISLAM TO MARRY HIS WIFE, ACTRESS FATTEN HAMAMMA.

Holiday greetings to…

Omar Sharif, the Egyptian Arab actor who began his life as a Christian, converted to Islam to marry an Egyptian Muslim actress and is now starring in the film “Monsieur Ibrahim,” about the friendship of an old French Arab shopkeeper and a troubled Jewish teen.

Sharif told the Newark Star-Ledger: “My son obviously learned from me, because he has married three times — to an Orthodox Jewish girl, to a Catholic girl and now to a Muslim girl. … I have a Jewish grandson, for whom I gave the biggest bar mitzvah in Canada. Because I wanted him to know I didn’t care what he was and I didn’t want him to care what I was. ... To me, there are only two categories of people in the world: Good and bad.”

[/B]

So what?

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 07:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]Look, I did not bring Omar Sharif into the discussion. My job is to TRY TO CORRECT THE MISINFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED AS FACTS--

[/B]

No your job really, is bringing bull crap into the discussion, u make no sense. How can u say omer sharif say is egyptian? How can u say egyptian who look african are only like that because they mixed with nubians? How can u say sadat is half egyptian, and Omer egyptian full egyptian? You are confused old man. You lucky i dont know u in real life because i bring my aila and we would give u kaf fo damaak. Alil al zo.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 08:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TRUTH--

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS CLUELESS RHETORIC AND DOES NOT MEAN MUCH, BECAUSE I STAND ON HIGHER GROUND THAN YOU.

AUSAR, WAS PUTTING OUT INCORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT OMAR SHARIF AND I SHOWED HIM THAT HE WAS WRONG---SO WHAT IS YOUR BEEF ABOUT THAT?

YOU HAVE A PERSONAL VENDETTA WITH ALL EGYPTIANS THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU OR SHARE YOUR RACIST POINT OF VIEW--I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE BLUE/BLACK/BROWN/OR GREEN--THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE---

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF YOUR PEOPLE, AND COLOR THEM WITH YOUR BIASED POINT OF VIEW.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF---TRYING TO COWER TO THE AFRO-CAMP'S BLACK RACIST AGENDA.

ENTA 3ANDAK 3OUDA 3ALASHAN LOONAK MISH 3AGBEK.

(YOU HAVE AN INFERIORTY COMPLEX BECAUSE OF YOUR COLOR)

KHALEEK INSAN AND KABBAR 3AKALK!

(BE HUMAN & GROW YOUR MIND FOR A CHANGE)

MA3LESH--EL-MOSAMEH KAREEM!

THE TRUTH CAN BE CRUEL---

quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
No your job really, is bringing bull crap into the discussion, u make no sense. How can u say omer sharif say is egyptian? How can u say egyptian who look african are only like that because they mixed with nubians? How can u say sadat is half egyptian, and Omer egyptian full egyptian? You are confused old man. You lucky i dont know u in real life because i bring my aila and we would give u kaf fo damaak. Alil al zo.

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 24 September 2005).]

ausar

posted 24 September 2005 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Same can be said about you,Giza,labeling people from Luxor because they are darker they mixed with Nubians. Shows you know absolutely nothing about Sa3eed. Plus you try to pass Cairene and Alexandrian Egyptians off as pure when many have more foreign admixture than those rural Luxor Egyptians.

Nobody said that the majority of Egyptians looked like those people,but they don't look like Omar Sharif either.

Lower Egyptians need to face reality that many of them are mixed with foreigners. It doesn't mean that you don't have pharaonic ancestry,but it just means your ancestry is diluted.

Every since the pharaonic era the Delta was a area where Western Asia and Northern Africa connected. You had foreigners that came there since the pharaonic times untill even modern times. Even the fellahin in the Delta have mixed with bedouin tribes that were settled there. The same goes for regions in Middle Egypt and the Oasis areas that have bedouin settlement.

The Christians in Egypt have Greek,Armenian,and Syrian mixture.

Muslims in Egypt have Circassain[Eastern European], and Turkish ancestry.

You can tell sometimes by the last name somebody has this type of ancestry in their family line. This is the truth!!!!

Djehuti

posted 25 September 2005 03:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Same can be said about you,Giza,labeling people from Luxor because they are darker they mixed with Nubians. Shows you know absolutely nothing about Sa3eed. Plus you try to pass Cairene and Alexandrian Egyptians off as pure when many have more foreign admixture than those rural Luxor Egyptians.

Nobody said that the majority of Egyptians looked like those people,but they don't look like Omar Sharif either.

Lower Egyptians need to face reality that many of them are mixed with foreigners. It doesn't mean that you don't have pharaonic ancestry,but it just means your ancestry is diluted.

Every since the pharaonic era the Delta was a area where Western Asia and Northern Africa connected. You had foreigners that came there since the pharaonic times untill even modern times. Even the fellahin in the Delta have mixed with bedouin tribes that were settled there. The same goes for regions in Middle Egypt and the Oasis areas that have bedouin settlement.

The Christians in Egypt have Greek,Armenian,and Syrian mixture.

Muslims in Egypt have Circassain[Eastern European], and Turkish ancestry.

You can tell sometimes by the last name somebody has this type of ancestry in their family line. This is the truth!!!!

Ausar, what is the use?! Giza is just like Abaza (if not Abaza himself)!! He is just an angry Afrangi who is denial of the fact that Egypt is an African country and the ancients were black Africans!

Snoozin

posted 25 September 2005 06:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What is Omar Suleiman considered, racially/ethnically speaking?

[IMG] http://i.esmas.com/image/0/000/003/141/Suleiman_N.jpg [/IMG]

I give up, how do I post pictures?

[This message has been edited by Snoozin (edited 25 September 2005).]

Snoozin

posted 25 September 2005 06:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Giza-Rider

posted 25 September 2005 06:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
HE LOOKS LIKE A RUSSIAN KGB AGENT!!

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
What is Omar Suleiman considered, racially/ethnically speaking?

[IMG] http://i.esmas.com/image/0/000/003/141/Suleiman_N.jpg [/IMG]

I give up, how do I post pictures?

ausar

posted 25 September 2005 07:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

He's an Arab. The area of Qena where he came from has lots of Arab/Berber influence. The Hawwara tribe rule the area. Qena is also close to the Red Sea where sporadic Arabs migrated into the area and mixed with the local Egyptian population there.

Omar Suleiman is probably alot darker than the photograph makes him out to be. What people should understand is that the light reflect often makes people appear lighter than they really are.

multisphinx

posted 25 September 2005 07:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TRUTH--

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS CLUELESS RHETORIC AND DOES NOT MEAN MUCH, BECAUSE I STAND ON HIGHER GROUND THAN YOU.

AUSAR, WAS PUTTING OUT INCORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT OMAR SHARIF AND I SHOWED HIM THAT HE WAS WRONG---SO WHAT IS YOUR BEEF ABOUT THAT?

YOU HAVE A PERSONAL VENDETTA WITH ALL EGYPTIANS THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU OR SHARE YOUR RACIST POINT OF VIEW--I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE BLUE/BLACK/BROWN/OR GREEN--THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE---

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF YOUR PEOPLE, AND COLOR THEM WITH YOUR BIASED POINT OF VIEW.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF---TRYING TO COWER TO THE AFRO-CAMP'S BLACK RACIST AGENDA.

ENTA 3ANDAK 3OUDA 3ALASHAN LOONAK MISH 3AGBEK.

(YOU HAVE AN INFERIORTY COMPLEX BECAUSE OF YOUR COLOR)

KHALEEK INSAN AND KABBAR 3AKALK!

(BE HUMAN & GROW YOUR MIND FOR A CHANGE)

MA3LESH--EL-MOSAMEH KAREEM!

THE TRUTH CAN BE CRUEL---

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 24 September 2005).][/B]

I think it the other way around, u cant accept the truth about egypt being what it is. And that is that it is a diverse african country. It will never lose that status no matter who invades egypt. You need to travel around egypt before you say anythin. Ciaro does not look like alexandria, ismalia doesnt look like tanta, luxor does not look aswan. Ppl vary everywhere. So far u have proved nothin from pictures u posted because to me the pics you posted shows how diverse egypt is.

Betibash demack taeel.

sonomod

posted 25 September 2005 10:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sonomod     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dahlak:
You need to stop posting pictures, you said african arab and the old man is rashaida arab and i am eritrean rashaida and we are pure arabs. There are a lot egyptain look like east african. I am proud to be eritrean rashaida and i would like to ask you a question? have you ever been in Eritrea or any east african country???? By the way don`t compair arabs with whites, i don`t care what your race is don`t put all arabs in one pot. I am proud of my anciestry (Southern arabia), ancient Yemeni and were dark skin people. What is wrong with you people? There are a lot dark skin Arabs in Saudi, even in Iraq. In my tribes, we have light, brown and dark skin arabs and that does not mean the light skin person is different race than the dark skin person. You stupid to put african arab, we actually came from Saudi and you have no knowledge about that. You need to learn ancient history. We all came from Africa, the human race started in Africa. I will be ashamed, if some one would call me as a white. Like i said before ARABS ARE NOT WHITE. I am talking about for the true arabs, not for those who have identity problems.

Dude, Hakim has been lightening his skin for decades. Hakim is in his mid-50s. Thats why he is so light. To think even a pop icon of Shaba music needs light skin to sell records!

Keins

posted 26 September 2005 02:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Keins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leba:
They don't really look like half white half east African mixes. They look too Eastern [arab / west asian] or something.

Here are some half white half east African mixes.

half Ethiopian half Swedish

half Somali half white mediterranean American.

half Somali half Italian.

Rashida Jones, daughter of the famous Quincy jones.

Quincy jones older and younger.

kidada jones his other daughter.

Both are biracial quincy being obviously black and their mother being a european jewish woman.

Snoozin

posted 26 September 2005 02:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Rashida and Kidada Jones' mother is Peggy Lipton.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4