EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  pictures of people from all parts of Egypt (Page 3)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   pictures of people from all parts of Egypt
Giza-Rider

posted 23 September 2005 10:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Pictures of various Egyptians. Some famous
MONA ELTAHAWY - WHO IS SHE?

HODA KOTBE - U.S. TV JOURNALIST

PRESIDENT SADAT - MOTHER IS SUDANESE !!
(NOT A TRUE EGYPTIAN)

SIWA PEOPLE ARE NOT REAL EGYPTIANS--BERBERS
ALSO, SOME OF THEM ARE NOT THIS DARK!!
(NOT TRUE EGYPTIANS)

LUXOR KIDS -- (MIXED WITH NUBIANS/SUDANESE)

CAIRO KIDS - POOR PICTURE-DUE TO THE SUN!!
(MORE LIKE AVERAGE EGYPTAINS +/-)

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 23 September 2005).]

IP: Logged

rasol

posted 23 September 2005 10:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
There are allot of Kobe Bryant look alike in North East Africa, but I don't think you will find anyone that looks like 50 cent

An ACCURATE photo gallery of Ethiopians and East Africans.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 23 September 2005).]

ausar

posted 23 September 2005 12:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Giza, modern Luxor Egyptians are not mixed with Nubians. There was never any recent Nubian migration into Luxor. I could also say that the typical Egyptians you post are mixed with Turkish people,Arabs,and Greeks from the very distant past.

Again, Nubians donot mix with Saidi people,and never had really. Nubians only intermarry with each other's cousins. As do most Saidi.

Most Delta Egyptians have Greek,berber,Arabic,Mameluke or even Moroccan ancestry.

Djehuti

posted 23 September 2005 12:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Giza, modern Luxor Egyptians are not mixed with Nubians. There was never any recent Nubian migration into Luxor. I could also say that the typical Egyptians you post are mixed with Turkish people,Arabs,and Greeks from the very distant past.

Again, Nubians donot mix with Saidi people,and never had really. Nubians only intermarry with each other's cousins. As do most Saidi.

Most Delta Egyptians have Greek,berber,Arabic,Mameluke or even Moroccan ancestry.

LOL Ausar, his blatant misconcieved remark that they are "mixed with Nubians", is a typical reaction of an Afrangi upon seeing dark-skinned Upper Egyptians!!

What's funny is that these same dark-skinned Egyptians from rural areas are much more pure Egyptian than him or his kind from the cities who are descended from Arabs, Turks, Greeks etc.

Giza is just your average "angry Afrangi"!

Giza-Rider

posted 23 September 2005 01:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN BE SO SURE OF THIS FACT......

HISTORY BOOKS ARE FULL OF LIES!!

MANY SUDANESE WHO CLAIM ARAB ANCESTARY ARE MOSTLY BLACK AFRICANS OR NUBIANS, BUT NEVER ADMIT THEIR ACTUAL HERITAGE.

ANCIENT HISTORY IS OFTEN FORGOTTEN--AND VERY FEW PEOPLE IN EGYPT, ACTUALLY KNOW THEIR EXACT ANCESTARY.....

THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS IMPORTED A LARGE NUMBER OF BLACK AFRICANS INTO THE COUNTRY, AND I DON'T MEAN JUST NUBIANS, BUT REAL "JET BLACK" OR BLUE NILOTIC PEOPLE, IF YOU LIKE. SOME OF THEM NEVER LEFT AND SURELY A FEW MATED WITH THE EGYPTIANS.

AUSAR, MY FRIEND, BOOKS ARE FULL OF LIES!

quote:

Djehuti

posted 23 September 2005 01:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giza-Rider:

MANY SUDANESE WHO CLAIM ARAB ANCESTARY ARE MOSTLY BLACK AFRICANS OR NUBIANS, BUT NEVER ADMIT THEIR ACTUAL HERITAGE.

ANCIENT HISTORY IS OFTEN FORGOTTEN--AND VERY FEW PEOPLE IN EGYPT, ACTUALLY KNOW THEIR EXACT ANCESTARY.....

THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS IMPORTED A LARGE NUMBER OF BLACK AFRICANS INTO THE COUNTRY, AND I DON'T MEAN JUST NUBIANS, BUT REAL "JET BLACK" OR BLUE NILOTIC PEOPLE, IF YOU LIKE. SOME OF THEM NEVER LEFT AND SURELY A FEW MATED WITH THE EGYPTIANS.

AUSAR, MY FRIEND, BOOKS ARE FULL OF LIES!

ROTFLMAO My oh my, it seems the angry Afrangi has lost it! Now he is castigating history books! LOL Sorry Giza, but Auar's information does not come from typical textbooks, they come from lots of research from actual legal and historical documents! The influx of Nubians into Upper Egypt has never been that great. Definitely not as great as Asiatic and European migration into Lower Egypt! What you are also forgetting is that many of these black slaves that you speak of, were sent to Lower Egypt where the wealthy and elite live, not Upper Egypt! Practically all of the rural Upper Egyptians were poor peasants who couldn't afford slaves. In fact, many were no different from slaves themselves!!

Sorry angry Afrangi, try again!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 23 September 2005).]

ausar

posted 23 September 2005 01:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Yes,actually there is. We have Greco-Roman writings,papyri,and other documents that document intermarriage between Greeks and Egyptians. Unless you are saying that historians like al-Maqrizi,Ibn Khaladun,and others are lying.

quote:
MANY SUDANESE WHO CLAIM ARAB ANCESTARY ARE MOSTLY BLACK AFRICANS OR NUBIANS, BUT NEVER ADMIT THEIR ACTUAL HERITAGE

Modern Sudanese do have Arab admixture. Arab tribes came to Sudan mostly from the Red Sea and some from Egypt. During the Umayyad and Fatimid bedouin Arab tribes were invited to parts of the Delta and settled in parts of Middle Egypt.

quote:

This is not true. The modern fellahin know exactly who their ancestors are. You can often tell by names attached to the person. Oftentimes fellahin donot have sur-names unless they have a bedouin Arab origin.

quote:
HE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS IMPORTED A LARGE NUMBER OF BLACK AFRICANS INTO THE COUNTRY, AND I DON'T MEAN JUST NUBIANS, BUT REAL "JET BLACK" OR BLUE NILOTIC PEOPLE, IF YOU LIKE. SOME OF THEM NEVER LEFT AND SURELY A FEW MATED WITH THE EGYPTIANS

Could you give me a reference for this? Where is your proof that ancient Egyptians imported Nilotic Africans into Egypt. Yes, I am aware that Nubian mercenaries came to Egypt and settled all over Egypt. This was not just in Southern Upper Egypt but all across Egypt including parts of Northern Egypt.

Most of the captives of war in Egypt came from Western Asia areas like Syria and modern day Palestine. These war captives were often settled on uncultivated land in parts of the Delta.

Ancient Egypt never had a system of chattel slavery. Most of the servents in Egypt were either local Egyptian peasants or foreign war captives.

leba

posted 23 September 2005 01:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
random egyptians...

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 23 September 2005).]

leba

posted 23 September 2005 01:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 23 September 2005).]

leba

posted 23 September 2005 01:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
is this guy Nubian?

more egyptians..

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 23 September 2005).]

Serpent Wizdom

posted 23 September 2005 01:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
These people's silly attempts to whiten all of current Egypt and Ancient Kemet is just incredible!!

How can a European looking Egyptian be considered "true" Egyptian but an Egyptian that looks African descent is a Nubian, from the deep south or a negro who migrated recently from west Africa??

Foolishness.

ausar

posted 23 September 2005 01:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Leba, you can tell who is Saidi,fellahin,or Nubian usually by the color of the galabiyah. I am not certain about the Delta but in Upper Egypt its usually greyish and blue galabiyahs.

Most of the Nubians in Egypt are only as far north as Kom Ombo. You will find more Nubians in Cairo and Alexandria than in any region far north of Kom Ombo.

In Aswan you even have bedouin tribes known as the Ababda and Gi'afra. The Ababda are Arabized Beja people.

Other areas like Sohag and Qena still have nomadic Hawwara groups who are actually a berber tribe that migrated to Egypt.

In Middle Egypt the distinction between Fellahin,Arab,and Ashraf is pretty clear. Fellahhin are the only people in this region that claim pre-pharaonic ancestry;while its true that some might have some recent bedouin or Berber ancestry because during the 1800's many of the nomadic tribes living on the edge of cultivation settled and began to cultivate like the local fellahin.

Djehuti

posted 23 September 2005 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
As you can see by Leb's post, the "average" Egyptian is mixed-- indigenous (black) Egyptian + foreign (Arab, Turk, Persian, Greek, etc.)

Case closed!

rasol

posted 23 September 2005 02:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Good come back. lol.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 23 September 2005 02:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Giza_rider, you disgust me. seriously. why would those very mixed looking Egyptians be considered true Egyptians when they have more mixed ancestry than even the Nubians who have been in Egypt for a very long time? you are a big disgrace to the Egyptian people and you haven't yet failed to make me want to throw up. i could post picture after picture of indigenous black Upper Egyptians but because it would be selective and wrong, i will choose not to.

leba

posted 23 September 2005 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
As you can see by Leb's post, the "average" Egyptian is mixed-- indigenous (black) Egyptian + foreign (Arab, Turk, Persian, Greek, etc.)

Case closed!

They don't really look like half white half east African mixes. They look too Eastern [arab / west asian] or something.

Here are some half white half east African mixes.

half Ethiopian half Swedish

half Somali half German [ very white looking]

half Somali half white mediterranean American.

half Somali half Italian.

multisphinx

posted 23 September 2005 02:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]MONA ELTAHAWY - WHO IS SHE?

HODA KOTBE - U.S. TV JOURNALIST

(NOT A TRUE EGYPTIAN)

(NOT TRUE EGYPTIANS)

LUXOR KIDS -- (MIXED WITH NUBIANS/SUDANESE)

CAIRO KIDS - POOR PICTURE-DUE TO THE SUN!!
(MORE LIKE AVERAGE EGYPTAINS +/-)

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 23 September 2005).][/B]

Who made u the expert to know what who the true egyptian is and who they mixed with? Do u know the kids? have u ever been to villiges? Probebly not. Why cant u just accept the fact egyptians are diverse. Your quick to say sadat is not egyptian but half egyptian, but do u know that most egyptians in ciaro if you were to ask them if they have heritage to other places they would prolly tell you they have armenian, turkish, syrian, etc... what does that mean then? They are no different from sadat and would not be eygptian in your judgement.

You have to understand the migration of ppl is what makes egpytians today, the orginal population was a mullaoutto brown population. After migrations from else where during ottamen times, etc.. the population of egyptians(does not include bedions that were living at the time) changed.

walklikeanegyptian

posted 23 September 2005 02:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
so that obviously shows that indigenous Egyptians are less white/caucasian looking than indigenous East Africans, considering that the East African/white mixes look more white. is that what you're saying?

multisphinx i agree. this message i posted was responding to leba i think.

[This message has been edited by walklikeanegyptian (edited 23 September 2005).]

leba

posted 23 September 2005 02:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:
is that what you're saying?]

No. I'm saying Egyptians don't look east African + white..

rasol

posted 23 September 2005 03:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leba:

Aren't you East African plus white, Leba?

mali

posted 23 September 2005 04:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leba:

Youve certainly got a point there... just to say that modern egypt are hybrid of east afro and eurasian is false...its obvious that modern egypyt shows various palits reflective of the indig ppls as well as afros from all corners of africa and the near east.....

to say modern egytians look like easterners + european is primarily false...

ive seen alot of somali hybrid euros who easily pass as euros from the north vs. medits..

which would break euros notion of southerners being pure...lol...

thats why i dont bother pic spamming for the reason he would come up with a lame excuse a somali hybrid would out euopean his a-s-s any time...lmao

neo*geo

posted 23 September 2005 06:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for neo*geo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]MONA ELTAHAWY - WHO IS SHE?

Mona Eltahway is a very distinguished Egyptian-American writer. She's a strong advocate of women's rights in the Islamic world.

quote:

(NOT A TRUE EGYPTIAN)

Why is there always a distinction for Egyptians mixed with Sudanese, the closest group to Egyptians geographically, culturally and biologically?

quote:

(NOT TRUE EGYPTIANS)

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that about the Siwa. They have lived in isolation in the desert for thousands of years and have had far less contact(and interbreeeding) with foriegnors than most other parts of Egypt. In many ways, they're more Egyptian than the average Egyptian on a Cairo street.

Ayazid

posted 24 September 2005 02:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayazid     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:

This man looks exactly like one man from Qena who I know, is he from this place?

Ceelgabo_11

posted 24 September 2005 09:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayazid:
This man looks exactly like one man from Qena who I know, is he from this place?

He also looks like the most famouse Egyptians actor Omar Sharif.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 10:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
-LOL- CLOSED MINDS HAVE LITTLE ROOM FOR THE TRUTH!!

ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE NOT BLACK AFRICANS BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.

HOWEVER, THEY DID HAVE BLACK AFRICANS AS SOUTHERN NEIGHBORS, SUCH AS THE NUBIANS, AND THE PEOPLE SOUTH OF NUBIA.

THEY ALSO, HAVE THE WHITEST AFRICANS AS THEIR WESTERN NEIGHBORS, A.K.A., THE LIBYANS.

EGYPTIANS ARE THE LEAST AFROCENTRIC PEOPLE OUT OF ALL THE NORTH AFRICANS.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Case closed!

rasol

posted 24 September 2005 10:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[B]

..who is Lebanese, btw.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 10:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

THE PEOPLE OF SIWA ARE BERBER-

----EGYPTIANS ARE NOT BERBER

SOME NUBIANS & SUDANESE LIVE IN EGYPT, BUT THEY'RE NOT NATIVE EGYPTIANS.

----TO BE EGYPTIAN, YOU HAVE SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AND FOLLOW THE LOCAL CUSTOMS.

THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS KNEW WHO WAS A NATIVE AND WHO WAS NOT---AND DID NOT WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME WITH A RACIST BLACK AGENDA.

PRESIDENT SADAT HAS EXPRESSED HIS PERSONAL SHAME, BECAUSE HIS MOTHER WAS SUDANESE AND VERY DARK, TRY TO READ HIS BIOGRAPHY.

quote:
Originally posted by neo*geo:
[B] You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that about the Siwa. They have lived in isolation in the desert for thousands of years and have had far less contact(and interbreeeding) with foriegnors than most other parts of Egypt. In many ways, they're more Egyptian than the average Egyptian on a Cairo street.

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 24 September 2005).]

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 10:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Omar Sharif Biography

Born into a wealthy Lebanese-Egyptian family, Omar Sharif was a math and physics major at Cairo's Victory College. He worked briefly in his father's lumber business before pursuing an acting career. Entering movies in 1953 as Omar El-Sharif, the young actor's popularity zoomed when he married popular Egyptian star Faten Hamama (the marriage ended in 1974). Well established in his native country, Sharif made his English-language film debut (with one of the longest and most impressive "delayed entrances" ever filmed) as Sherif Ali Ibn El Karish in David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia (1962). Sharif's next film for Lean, Doctor Zhivago (1965), launched the "superstar" phase of the actor's career. When he was cast as Nicky Arnstein opposite Barbra Streisand's Fanny Brice in Funny Girl (1968), Sharif's films were banned in his native Egypt because he made love to a Jewish woman onscreen. As Sharif's starring career began its slow downward slide in the mid-'70s, he began devoting more and more time to his one great passion in life: bridge. Today Sharif is best known in card-playing circles as that famous bridge expert who happens to show up in movies from time to time. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

[This message has been edited by Giza-Rider (edited 24 September 2005).]

Ceelgabo_11

posted 24 September 2005 11:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
[B]

..who is Lebanese, btw.
[/QUOTE]

He was born in Egypt and refers to himself as Egyptians..not Lebanese..

Ceelgabo_11

posted 24 September 2005 11:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
[B]

..who is Lebanese, btw.
[/QUOTE]

Also this Egyptian man looks like Omar Sharifs lost twin..

rasol

posted 24 September 2005 11:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Michael Shalhoub, aka Omar Sharif:

I am extremely proud of my Lebanese heritage. Lebanon has always been the pathway of civilisation and the land we all love.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 11:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
JUST THE AFRO-CAMP'S ATTEMPT AT STEALING EGYPT'S TREASURES FROM THE EGYPTIANS----

NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE AS USUAL, JUST SUBTERFUGE TO ROB US AGAIN.

quote:
[B]

Ceelgabo_11

posted 24 September 2005 11:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Michael Shalhoub, aka Omar Sharif:

I am extremely proud of my Lebanese heritage. Lebanon has always been the pathway of civilisation and the land we all love.

That is new to me...

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 12:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]JUST THE AFRO-CAMP'S ATTEMPT AT STEALING EGYPT'S TREASURES FROM THE EGYPTIANS----

Gaza Rider you are a fool, Sadat is not egytian, but omar sharif is because his white? I am not goin to bother to reply to this anymore, you are prolly an ignorant white elite egyptian.

The AE did not look like you by the way.

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 12:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

You are a fool as well. So what u are saying is that every other egyptian that you guys refer to as nubian and sudanse is not egyptian but the ones who came from lebenon syria, turkey, etc... are egyptian and the reason for your guss is because they say they are egyptian. LOL The ppl you are trying to take their identity away as egytians have been living in egypt more then you. But Omar sharif who is a forienger becuase he says he is egyptian, he would be egyptian? LOL. plz think about what u say.

[This message has been edited by multisphinx (edited 24 September 2005).]

ausar

posted 24 September 2005 12:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

quote:
SOME NUBIANS & SUDANESE LIVE IN EGYPT, BUT THEY'RE NOT NATIVE EGYPTIANS.

----TO BE EGYPTIAN, YOU HAVE SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AND FOLLOW THE LOCAL CUSTOMS

Nubians are native Egyptians. The Nubians have the same exact customs as the fellahin Egyptians. The Nubians have been migrating into Egypt since the pharaonic era. Most also speak the local Colloquial Arabic and many are married to Egyptians. The same with Sudanese who live in many Egyptian neighboorhoods.

It's only the southern Sudanese and Western African immmigrants that are not assimilated. Nubians are 100% Egyptian !!!! Definately more Egyptian than Armenians,Lebanese ,or Palestineans that live in Egypt. They are foreigners but I don't hear you pointing this out.

quote:
THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS KNEW WHO WAS A NATIVE AND WHO WAS NOT---AND DID NOT WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME WITH A RACIST BLACK AGENDA

Most foreigners that lived in ancient Egyptian during the pharaonic era assimilated into the local population. After the New Kingdom there was a large migration of Western Asians into the Delta region. These Western Asians left a large impact on the Northern Egyptian population. As did repeated migration of foreigners into Northern Egypt.

quote:
PRESIDENT SADAT HAS EXPRESSED HIS PERSONAL SHAME, BECAUSE HIS MOTHER WAS SUDANESE AND VERY D

But didn't you in your earlier post use deceased President Sadat as a means to show Egypt is a non-racist country. Know you use Sadat to prove how un-Egyptian he is.

I want the readers of Egyptsearch to pay close attention to the attitudes that Giza is presenting. This is the typical reaction of a lighter skinned Cairene or Alexandrian Egyptian to darker skinned Upper Egyptian. Modern day Egypt has colorism and race issues that must be resolved. This is why you see darker Egyptian women or Egyptian women in general bleaching their skin.

Lots of Northern Africans are melanophobes and fear darker skinned Africans. When people deal with Northern Africans this is something that people should take heed to.

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 12:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]JUST THE AFRO-CAMP'S ATTEMPT AT STEALING EGYPT'S TREASURES FROM THE EGYPTIANS----

You are fool gaza. Why do u use bold you are not any special then anyone on this bored? You are not educated either about your history. Gaza no one here is trying to steal eygptian history thats ridiculous. You are the one giving away egyptian history to the thieves, by saying ignorant nonsense. You say books are full of lies(and that is true)? So where do u get your information i assume books(i assume they are those are the ones full of lies).

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 01:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
BTW, OMAR SHARIF IS THE OFFICIAL EGYPTIAN NARRATOR FOR THE KING TUT EXHIBIT IN LOS ANGELES, U.S.A.

VERY EGYPTIAN, INDEED!!

quote:
You are a fool as well. So what u are saying is that every other egyptian that you guys refer to as nubian and sudanse is not egyptian but the ones who came from lebenon syria, turkey, etc... are egyptian and the reason for your guss is because they say they are egyptian. LOL The ppl you are trying to take their identity away as egytians have been living in egypt more then you. But Omar sharif who is a forienger becuase he says he is egyptian, he would be egyptian? LOL. plz think about what u say.

rasol

posted 24 September 2005 02:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Gaza Rider you are a fool, Sadat is not egytian, but omar sharif is because his white?

Nicely dissected multisphinx.

multisphinx

posted 24 September 2005 02:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for multisphinx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[b]BTW, OMAR SHARIF IS THE OFFICIAL EGYPTIAN NARRATOR FOR THE KING TUT EXHIBIT IN LOS ANGELES, U.S.A.

VERY EGYPTIAN, INDEED!!

[/B]

Oh ok, so are thousand other europeans for egytian exhibits around the world. They must be egyptian too then.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
OMAR SHARIF IS NOT WHITE--

HE HAS A DARK SWARTHY COMPLEXION AND CURLY EGYPTIAN HAIR, YOU MUST BE BLIND!

THE SAME FOR THE OTHER AFRO-CAMP SUPPORTER WHO LIVES IN ENGLAND OR WHEREVER, HE HIDES FROM REALITY (BLACK EBONY TOWER OF MAKE-BELIEVE)

THE TRUTH CAN BE CRUEL---

quote:

Ceelgabo_11

posted 24 September 2005 03:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Brother I think you misunderstood or something, because I have never said anything about darker skinned Egyptian being any less Egyptian than the lighter skinned Egyptian..

About Omar Sharif I don't know much about him except that he claims to be Egyptian, whether he is foriegner or native I don't know..

rasol

posted 24 September 2005 03:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

quote:
OMAR SHARIF IS NOT WHITE--

HE HAS A DARK SWARTHY COMPLEXION AND CURLY EGYPTIAN HAIR, YOU MUST BE BLIND!

Don't know why you are addressing this crap to me. I never made any comment about Sharif being white.

You must be dumb.

ps - please learn how to type, or at least stop addressing me, your posts are an eyesore...in more ways than one. thanks.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 24 September 2005).]

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 03:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The comments were meant for Multi's Multiple Gibberish---

You interjected yourself in the middle of our exchange as usual, so the comments included you as his Ebony Tower supporter.

What part of England are you from, or are you somewhere else?

No need for SARCASTIC REPLIES---

quote:
Don't know why you are addressing this crap to me. I never made any comment about Sharif being white.

You must be dumb.

ps - please learn how to type, or at least stop addressing me, your posts are an eyesore...in more ways than one. thanks.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 24 September 2005).]

ausar

posted 24 September 2005 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Omar Sharif is a Lebanese born Jew that moved to Alexandria. He converted to Islam and changed his name to Omar. He might be a Egyptian citizen but he is not an ethnic Egyptian. Sure there are some Egyptians who look like Omar Sharif,but most of them are around Alexandria. Alexandria always had a large foreign population from the time it was built to the modern era.

There were also lots of Jews,Greeks,and Armenians that lived in Alexandria. Many Jews converted to either Christianity or Islam during 1948 to remain in Egypt after Israel was established.

Who cares if Omar Sharif narrorated a documentury. F. Abrahams,the Arabic director,also narrorated a documented on the discovery channel about the Nile River?

People select narrators because of their voice nothing more or less.

Omar Sharif is a Lebanese Jewish convert that moved to Egypt and acted in Egyptian cinema. Big deal. Many singers in Egypt are often Algerian,Libyan,and even Saudi.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 05:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
CORRECTION, OMAR SHARIF WAS BORN IN ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT..........PLS READ HIS BIO.

Omar Sharif Detailed Biography

Omar Sharif was born on 10 April 1932 in Alexandria, Egypt. This egyptian motion-picture actor, who is best known for his charismatic performance in the British epic film Lawrence of Arabia (1962). Born Michel Shahoub in Alexandria, Sharif was educated at Victoria College in Cairo, Egypt. His first important acting part was the lead role in the motion picture Sina Fil Wadi (The Blazing Sun, 1954), which featured Egypt's leading film star, Faten Hamama. Sharif's profile in Arabic cinema increased when he and Faten Hamama were later married. He performed in several other Middle-Eastern films in the 1950s, including Goha (1958), before British director David Lean cast him as a handsome and noble sheik in Lawrence of Arabia. The international success of this role led to parts for Sharif as characters from a variety of other nationalities.

Sharif achieved more acclaim when he played a Russian physician in the title role of Doctor Zhivago (1965), also directed by Lean. Sharif's many other film performances include roles as a shady gambler in Funny Girl (1968) and as a pool hustler in The Baltimore Bullet (1980). Sharif is also noted as an accomplished bridge player. Omar Sharif has recently starred in the movies Cyber Meltdown (2004), and Return of the Thief of Baghdad (2003). Omar Sharif has also featured in many movies such as Hidalgo (2004), Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran (2003), and Parole Officer, The (2001). Some of Omar Sharif's early movie break throughs were in Siraa Fil-Wadi (1953) playing the role of Ahmed, Shaytan al-Sahra (1954), Ayyamine el helwa (1955), and Châtelaine du Liban, La (1956) as Mokrir.

Omar Sharif has recently starred in the television shows Mythes urbains, Les (2003) playing the role of The Taxi Driver, and Shaka Zulu: The Citadel (2001). Omar Sharif has also featured in many television shows such as Mayrig (1993), Memories of Midnight (1991), and Principe del deserto, Il (1989). Some of Omar Sharif's early television show break throughs were in Île mystérieuse, L' (1973) playing the role of Le capitaine Nemo, Far Pavilions, The (1984) as Koda Dad, Peter the Great (1986) as Prince Feodor Romodanovsky, and Principe del deserto, Il (1989) as General Magruf.

[/B]

quote:
[]

Omar Sharif is a Lebanese born Jew that moved to Alexandria. He converted to Islam and changed his name to Omar. He might be a Egyptian citizen but he is not an ethnic Egyptian. Sure there are some Egyptians who look like Omar Sharif,but most of them are around Alexandria. Alexandria always had a large foreign population from the time it was built to the modern era.

There were also lots of Jews,Greeks,and Armenians that lived in Alexandria. Many Jews converted to either Christianity or Islam during 1948 to remain in Egypt after Israel was established.

Who cares if Omar Sharif narrorated a documentury. F. Abrahams,the Arabic director,also narrorated a documented on the discovery channel about the Nile River?

People select narrators because of their voice nothing more or less.

Omar Sharif is a Lebanese Jewish convert that moved to Egypt and acted in Egyptian cinema. Big deal. Many singers in Egypt are often Algerian,Libyan,and even Saudi.

[]

ausar

posted 24 September 2005 05:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Yes, born into a Alexandrian Lebanese Jewish family. During the 1920's there were many Lebanese and Syrian merchants that moved to Alexandria,but never interacted with the majority Egyptian population that was Fellahin. He is not an ethnic Egyptian.

Giza-Rider

posted 24 September 2005 05:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Giza-Rider     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ALSO, THE JEWISH PART IS A MYTH--OMAR SHARIF WAS CHRISTIAN BEFORE HE CONVERTED TO ISLAM TO MARRY HIS WIFE, ACTRESS FATTEN HAMAMMA.

Holiday greetings to…

Omar Sharif, the Egyptian Arab actor who began his life as a Christian, converted to Islam to marry an Egyptian Muslim actress and is now starring in the film “Monsieur Ibrahim,” about the friendship of an old French Arab shopkeeper and a troubled Jewish teen.

Sharif told the Newark Star-Ledger: “My son obviously learned from me, because he has married three times — to an Orthodox Jewish girl, to a Catholic girl and now to a Muslim girl. … I have a Jewish grandson, for whom I gave the biggest bar mitzvah in Canada. Because I wanted him to know I didn’t care what he was and I didn’t want him to care what I was. ... To me, there are only two categories of people in the world: Good and bad.”

ausar

posted 24 September 2005 05:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

He is a Lebanese Christian that lived in Alexandria. Still not an ethnic Egyptian.

Super car

posted 24 September 2005 05:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Giza Rider, you've 'ridden' too far away from the point...

quote:

There were also lots of Jews,Greeks,and Armenians that lived in Alexandria. Many Jews converted to either Christianity or Islam during 1948 to remain in Egypt after Israel was established...

So bringing Omar Sharif into the discussion, is just another mumbo jumbo that topics like this make inevitable, with trolls being around.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4