EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  Human Genetic and Craniometric Variation

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Human Genetic and Craniometric Variation
Evil Euro

posted 08 April 2005 08:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Evil Euro     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
[Click maps to enlarge]

• Based on an analysis of 377 autosomal DNA markers in 1,064 individuals. (Rosenberg et al. 2002)

NOTE:

1) Groupings correspond to anthropological races: Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid, Australoid and Amerind.

2) All Western Europeans (North and South) are more than 98% Caucasoid, including Italians with 12%-22% E3b.

3) The single North African sample is Mozabite Berbers; they have 80% E3b yet are only 23% Negroid.

4) The Bantu of Kenya (14% E3b) are 9% Caucasoid. The Borana (86% E3b) would surely be much more so.

• Based on an analysis of 57 metric traits in 2,504 crania from 28 populations. (W.W. Howells 1989, 1996)

NOTE:

1) While there are some specific clusters, the basic Caucasoid-Negroid-Mongoloid division is clearly manifested.

2) Despite their Bantu admixture, the Khoisan (23) remain racially differentiated from Negroids.

3) Pre-Greek, Roman, Arab etc. Egyptians (22) from the Late Period (664-343 BC) are predominantly Caucasoid.

[This message has been edited by Evil Euro (edited 08 May 2005).]

IP: Logged

lamin

posted 08 April 2005 01:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lamin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Now all this is quite illogical. What about arguing for racial distinctions based on blood type or colour of just head shape. On the latter Africans and Scandinavians are equally doliocephalic. So where does that leave us? Science is not about fitting facts to theories metaphysically conceived but rather seeking to explain phenomena by constructing theories that are constantly being challenged by potentially falsifying counter-theories.

Topdog

posted 08 April 2005 02:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Topdog     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow, Erroneous E is really cutting edge when it comes to evidence, especially when those maps he posted came not from the actually studies themselves....

quote:
on Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:36am, Topdog wrote:Nothing impressive about that and that map wasn't created by W.W. Howells from whom the population samples came from. Thats just Nu-Sapiens impressing his own interpretation.

Wrong. All I did was visualize the output of Dienekes' statistical methods, which were mathematically derived from Howell's data (Dienekes explained his methods in full). I added no inferences or data. I only was make pie charts and plot them on a map.

In some of my other maps, I do play with data and add my own interpretations and assumptions, but not on this one.

And about Egyptians, perhaps they would be their own group at a different number of clusters. But since they were grouped with Europeans at k=14 (the best fit predicted by Bayesian method), they share quite a bit of affinity with that region relative to Subsaharan Africa, apparently. I was surprised by that, myself.

http://dodona.proboards35.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=informative&num=1111469354&start=0

I never knew Dienekes was an anthropologist.

Evil Euro has dug himself another.....

rasol

posted 08 April 2005 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Continue to parrot Dienekes pseudo anthropology blog

Lying is always a form of control. Some people are pathological liars, having learned that they get a rush from manipulating others with lies. But most people lie when they are afraid of the consequences of telling the truth. - Margaret Paul, Ph.D

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 08 April 2005).]

Evil Euro

posted 09 April 2005 07:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Evil Euro     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The first dumb negro tries to change the subject. The second one attacks the messenger. And the third can't even form a coherent thought.

Can you say drowning and desperate with no answers?

Topdog

posted 09 April 2005 08:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Topdog     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evil Euro:
The first dumb negro tries to change the subject. The second one attacks the messenger. And the third can't even form a coherent thought.

Can you say drowning and desperate with no answers?

Validity of your source isn't valid at all, who considers Dienekes Pontikos and Nú-Sapiens as cutting edge authorities i anthropology, especially when one of them say 'East Africa Caucasoid'?

Evil Euro

posted 10 April 2005 08:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Evil Euro     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The sources are Rosenberg and Howells. Dienekes and NuSapiens did nothing to alter the data that's presented. Data which -- as your frantic denial indicates -- you can't dispute and wish didn't exist.