Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  Mummy Facial Reconstructions (Page 3)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Mummy Facial Reconstructions
solar

posted 17 January 2005 11:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by solar:

Why do you choose to be offended? My statements are not anymore out of context the the previous ones I've read. I too wade through your spam to see any truth in it to test it. The site link that I gave you has many mummies that have been 'tested' with forensic science. If you choose to be offended that is your own perspective. As for my statement about the white man well I find it a naturally nice statement made on a holiday for the black man called Martin Luther King here in the USA, who worked to redeem the black man. Perhaps it's the appreciation of the perspectives that is sorely lacking in this room, because the ignorant too should have their say. Shall I dig through this site and give you worthy examples of your the information you are looking for to defend your ingorant remarks of the site? The context of it is just as good if not better that your flattery of the white race phenotypes links. How crude you are.

IP: Logged

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 11:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Solar: Just because you choose to be offensive doesn't mean you succeed in offending. You can "March" until the Fuhrer comes back for all we care. lol.

solar

posted 17 January 2005 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Solar: Just because you choose to be offensive doesn't mean you succeed in offending. You can "March" until the Fuhrer comes back for all we care. lol.

LOL I'm not german, I'm American. The problem with natural things is not that they are commonplace or easy to achieve. They are not. Things that are natural are really quite rare and difficult to achieve. But the problem is that, whenever they are achieved, they are so easily taken for granted. The eradication of slavery is a case in point. Slavery is not a natural thing. Norse slave traders had harvested laborers among the Slavs, Arab slave traders had run their profitable commerce with Black Africa, Turks had enslaved Arabs and Mongols had enslaved Turks. This was not a natural state of affairs, but it certainly was typical. It took less than a century for America to eradicate slavery in it's borders. So shall we forget the face of our constitution like you would like to forget the faces of these most ancient egyptians? When it holds these truths to be self-evident, indeed.

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 12:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Solar writes: "LOL I'm not german, I'm American."

No one cares. You're an idiot and troll. lol.

solar

posted 17 January 2005 12:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Solar writes: "LOL I'm not german, I'm American."

No one cares. You're an idiot and troll. lol.

Like I said the truth is self evident. You're offended that ancient eygpt could been started by what we call a WHITE phenotype with RED hair...and the blacks simple built upon what came natural to these settlers. LOL that's really your case in point isn't it by your remarks. Shall we knock off another face of a statue so we can set your head on top it? LOL

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 12:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Like I said the truth is self evident.
Your ignorance is quite evident.

quote:
You're offended that ancient eygpt could been started by what we call a WHITE phenotype with RED hair
Nope, just [very] mildly amused at anyone that is still misinformed enough to actually believe such complete rubbish, much less repeat it in public. You need to stay away from white supremacist websites. They rot your brain.

Here is something to help disinfect:

Egyptology: Hanging in the Hair
by Anu M'bantu and Fari Supia
F0R YEARS, EGYPTOLOGY has been fighting a losing battle to hold onto an ancient Egypt that is Caucasian or, at worst, sun-tanned Caucasian.

At the 1974 UNESCO conference Egyptology was dealt a fatal blow. Two African scholars wiped the floor with 18 world-renowned Egyptologists. They proved in 11 different categories of evidence that the ancient Egyptians were Africans (Black). Following that beating, Egyptology has been on its knees praying to be saved by science. Their last glimmer of hope has been the hair on Egyptian mummies.

The mummies on display in the world's museums exhibit Caucasoid-looking hair, some of it brown and blonde. These mummies include Pharaoh Seqenenre Tao of the 17th dynasty and the 19th dynasty's Rameses II. As one scholar put it: "The most common hair colour, then as now, was a very dark brown, almost black colour although natural auburn and even rather surprisingly blonde hair are also to be found."

Many Black scholars try skillfully to avoid the hair problem. This is a mistake!

Ancient Africa
Home
In 1914, a white doctor in Detroit initiated divorce proceeding against his wife whom he suspected of being a "closet Negro". At the trial, the Columbia University anthropologist, Professor Franz Boas (1858-1942), was called upon as a race expert. Boas declared: "If this woman has any of the characteristics of the Negro race it would be easy to find them . . . one characteristic that is regarded as reliable is the hair. You can tell by microscopic examination of a cross-section of hair to what race that person belongs."

With this revelation, trichology (the scientific analysis of hair) reached the American public. But what are these differences?

The cross-section of a hair shaft is measured with an instrument called a trichometer. From this you can get measurements for the minimum and maximum diameter of a hair The minimum measurement is then divided by the maximum and then multiplied by a hundred. This produces an index. A survey of the scientific literature produces the following breakdown:

San, Southern African 55.O0

Zulu, Southern African 55.O0

Sub-Saharan Africa 60.O0

Tasmanian (Black) 64.70

Australian (Black) 68.00

Western European 71.20

Asian Indian 73.00

Navajo American 77.00

Chinese 82.60

In the early 1970s, the Czech anthropologist Eugen Strouhal examined pre-dynastic Egyptian skulls at Cambridge University. He sent some samples of the hair to the Institute of Anthropology at Charles University, Prague, to be analyzed. The hair samples were described as varying in texture from "wavy" to "curly" and in colour from "light brown" to "black". Strouhal summarized the results of the analysis:

"The outline of the cross-sections of the hairs was flattened, with indices ranging from 35 to 65. These peculiarities also show the Negroid inference among the Badarians (pre-dynastic Egyptians)."

The term "Negroid influence" suggests intermixture, but as the table suggests this hair is more "Negroid" than the San and the Zulu samples, currently the most Negroid hair in existence!

In another study, hair samples from ten 18th-25th dynasty individuals produced an average index of 51! As far back as 1877, Dr. Pruner-Bey analyzed six ancient Egyptian hair samples. Their average index of 64.4 was similar to the Tasmanians who lie at the periphery of the African-haired populations.

A team of Italian anthropologists published their research in the Journal of Human Evolution in 1972 and 1980. They measured two samples consisting of 26 individuals from pre-dynastic, 12th dynasty and 18th dynasty mummies. They produced a mean index of 66.50
Royal Ontario Museum, Canada
Young Bishari's of North Africa, Egypt, 1890
Click photo to enlarge
Ancient Egyptian wig is made of human hair attached to a net.

18th Dynasty Egypt
The overall average of all four sets of ancient Egyptian hair samples was 60.02. Sounds familiar . ., just check the table!

Since microscopic analysis shows ancient Egyptian hair to be completely African, why does the hair look Caucasoid? Research has given us the answers.

Hair is made of keratin protein. Keratin is composed of amino acid chains called polypeptides. In a hair, two such chains are called cross-chain polypeptides. These are held together by disulphide bonds. The bulk of the hair, the source of its strength and curl, is called the cortex. The hair shafts are made of a protective outer layer called the cuticle.

We are informed by Afro Hair - A Salon Book, that chemicals for bleaching, penning and straightening hair must reach the cortex to be effective. For hair to be permed or straightened the disulphide bonds in the cortex must be broken. The anthropologist Daniel Hardy writing in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, tells us that keratin is stable owing to disulphide bonds. However, when hair is exposed to harsh conditions it can lead to oxidation of protein molecules in the cortex, which leads to the alteration of hair texture, such as straightening.

Two British anthropologists, Brothwell and Spearman, have found evidence of cortex keratin oxidation in ancient Egyptian hair. They held that the mummification process was responsible, because of the strong alkaline substance used. This resulted in the yellowing and browning of hair as well as the straightening effect.

This means that visual appearance of the hair on mummies cannot disguise their racial affinities. The presence of blonde and brown hair on ancient Egyptian mummies has nothing to do with their racial identity and everything to do with mummification and the passage of time. As the studies have shown, when you put the evidence under a microscope the truth comes out. At last, Egyptology's prayers have been answered. It has been put out of its misery.
As have you. Now troll off.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 17 January 2005).]

EGyPT2005

posted 17 January 2005 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for EGyPT2005     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Like I said the truth is self evident. You're offended that ancient eygpt could been started by what we call a WHITE phenotype with RED hair...and the blacks simple built upon what came natural to these settlers. LOL that's really your case in point isn't it by your remarks. Shall we knock off another face of a statue so we can set your head on top it? LOL

Did you recently just come over from the Stormfront message board?

solar

posted 17 January 2005 01:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yeah well I'll get back with you on this. After I figure out your why intellectual ratiionalizing mind side tracking you from something innate. . .meaning the TRUTH
Some people take a true statement "you must choose X or ~X" and pervert it into "you must choose X or Y" where Y is only a subset of ~X.

You then prove that Y is not a good option and claim X, ignoring the whole range of options in ~X that are not Y.

The other is where Y is a proper superset of ~X. Saying "Either X or Y must be true" when Y is a superset of ~X is not fallacious, but saying "X and Y can't both be true" is.

My link on phenotpes of course discussed the wide ranges due to climate etc. Looks much like rubbish to me. . .so sail on wishful thinker.

[This message has been edited by solar (edited 17 January 2005).]

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 01:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[B]
Yeah well I'll get back with you on this.
Don't bother. Go read Oxford History of Egypt, just for starters, my American friend and then bring something a bit less "Beverly Hillbillies" to the table.

In the mean time. You march, I mean run along now. And give our love to the fellow tinheads, I mean Titans. Thank you for playing.

solar

posted 17 January 2005 02:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by solar:
[B]
Don't bother. Go read Oxford History of Egypt, just for starters, my American friend and then bring something a bit less "Beverly Hillbillies" to the table.

In the mean time. You march, I mean run along now. And give our love to the fellow tinheads, I mean Titans. Thank you for playing. [/QUOTE]

There's no chance of that you bigot because I doesn't take a rocket scientist to reveal just what you are

solar

posted 17 January 2005 02:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by solar:
[B]

In the mean time. You march, I mean run along now. And give our love to the fellow tinheads, I mean Titans. Thank you for playing. [/QUOTE]

However you don't entertain me with your deluded conceptions of yourself. . .so think I will find a more interesting site that has something truthful to share with a bit or a character who has more balance in their personality. . .you are so incredibly ugly. . .and I don't have to look at your face to figure that one out. . .idiot

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
think I will find a more interesting site
Bye, take care now.

solar

posted 17 January 2005 02:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE] think I will find a more interesting site
Bye, take care now. [/QUOTE]

You can't stand it when you stink is uncovered can you? Tinhead titan idiot and all other names you call use to reveberate...back to you

You haven't run me off . . .you sick little brown bird
(meaning no character. . .look up 'brown bird') I might not be the expert in egyptian 'ology' and niether are you for that fact. . . but I know the character when I see it. yep
[This message has been edited by solar (edited 17 January 2005).

solar

posted 17 January 2005 03:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EGyPT2005:

Did you recently just come over from the Stormfront message board?

Well, didn't know what the stormfront message boards were so I looked it up. Well good for them, some white nationalist group have formed a board. I praise their effort. Don't you want to work with white groups that maybe formed in the future, hmm? Why, we have been working with the black groups. I think we should form some very strong groups and go after what ever discriminates against us in our own boundaries and civilization. Why can't the whites have a board too? Why can't the whites have a civil rights movement too? hmmm? Seems fair and logical to me. Want to lump me in a group. . .ok You want someone to hate? hmmm ok

supercar

posted 17 January 2005 05:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Well, didn't know what the stormfront message boards were so I looked it up. Well good for them, some white nationalist group have formed a board. I praise their effort. Don't you want to work with white groups that maybe formed in the future, hmm? Why, we have been working with the black groups. I think we should form some very strong groups and go after what ever discriminates against us in our own boundaries and civilization. Why can't the whites have a board too? Why can't the whites have a civil rights movement too? hmmm? Seems fair and logical to me. Want to lump me in a group. . .ok You want someone to hate? hmmm ok

Civil rights over an African civilization? Are white folks really that much down that, it is a must for them to own foreign civilizations that have nothing to do with them? One thing is for sure, Africans aren't the ones doing the fantasizing here!

solar

posted 17 January 2005 06:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supercar:
Civil rights over an African civilization? Are white folks really that much down that, it is a must for them to own foreign civilizations that have nothing to do with them? One thing is for sure, Africans aren't the ones doing the fantasizing here!

Supercar. . .who says the hypothetical group would be formed in an african civilization? I am from another country than egypt. You don't make any sense and it's obvious you didn't read the earlier posts.

solar

posted 17 January 2005 06:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Supercar. . .who says the hypothetical group would be formed in an african civilization? I am from another country than egypt. You don't make any sense and it's obvious you didn't read the earlier posts. It's not all about your egocentric africa image.

rasol

posted 17 January 2005 06:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Supercar makes perfect sense. He is saying that you are a troll and he is correct.
Hope this helps.

supercar

posted 17 January 2005 06:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[B] Supercar. . .who says the hypothetical group would be formed in an african civilization? I am from another country than egypt. You don't make any sense and it's obvious you didn't read the earlier posts.

Rasol read my mind correctly. Other than that, all I have to say, is that your reply to my comment shows you that lack of basic history knowledge isn't your only problem, but so is "reading"!

solar

posted 17 January 2005 08:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for solar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supercar:
Rasol read my mind correctly. Other than that, all I have to say, is that your reply to my comment shows you that lack of basic history knowledge isn't your only problem, but so is "reading"!

Isn't it true that rosal and supercar are the same absurd entity masquerading under another alias. Like it's so transparent. You don't have to be a mind reader.

supercar

posted 17 January 2005 08:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Isn't it true that rosal and supercar are the same absurd entity masquerading under another alias. Like it's so transparent. You don't have to be a mind reader.

Remember: Basic education is a key to rational thinking, and growing up is another. "None" of your posts reflect this.

neo*geo

posted 18 January 2005 01:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for neo*geo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Just what this site needs. Another troll.

How could a non-tropical adapted group of people from a continent with no sembelence of civilization come to Africa and dominate the indigenous people in pre-dynastic Egypt? This isn't Tarzan this is the real world...

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3