EgyptSearch Forums
  Share Your Egyptian Experiences
  Shannon got married in Egypt!!! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Shannon got married in Egypt!!!
Shannon

posted 11 October 2004 07:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hello Everyone. It has been a while since I posted here. Last time I did, I told you that I was going to Egypt to meet my internet boyfriend of the past 8 months. Well I left September 1st for Egypt. I met Moamen there in the airport in Cairo. He was so beautiful. We drove to Alexandria where I spent the most wonderful 25 days of my life. Moamen was everything he said he was and so much more. He is a very sweet man and he was a complete gentleman. He took very good care of me the whole time I was there. After about 10 days we went to Cairo and got married. The ceremony there is not quite as romantic as it would have been here at home. But I was so happy that he was my husband that it didn't really matter. His family and friends were really great and All very nice people. I found that most of the egyptian people there are very friendly and all around good people. So I just wanted to let everyone know that it worked out for me.
(For those of you who are wondering..)I felt very welcomed and very safe in Egypt. I may have felt safe because Moamen never left my side the whole time I was there. If he ever did, he would leave me in the care of one of his friends. I don't really know what I would have done if I did not have my husband as my guide and translator there. Also I am NOT a 40 year old european woman. I am 26 from America and Moamen is 23 egyptian. I also would suggest that you respect the religion and culture there. I did not go around half naked there as some of you like to think this about american girls. My arms and legs were covered and I did not smoke in the street. Anyway I had a great time and married the love of my life there in Egypt. If you have any questions or comments , Feel Free to Post. Bye-Bye.

IP: Logged

trixie

posted 11 October 2004 07:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for trixie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey congratulations on your marriage. Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Will you be moving to Egypt or will your husband be moving here? I think you live in Colorado...right? Not sure. Anyway, good luck with all!

Tigerlily

posted 12 October 2004 01:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tigerlily     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Congratulations to both of you, Shannon and Moamen. I wish you both so much luck for your marriage. May you both live happily forever whereever you decide to settle down (and make sure he's always taking good care of you ) Congratulations again!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 12 October 2004).]

Luxorlover

posted 12 October 2004 02:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Luxorlover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Shannon, you have the recipe for success. You are both young and in love.

There is a whole lifetime of happiness in front of you and hopefully lots of children to make it perfect..

Allah will watch over you both.

Congratulations.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 12 October 2004).]

Kenzie

posted 12 October 2004 02:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kenzie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations Shannon.

Wish you both a very long and happy life together.

Penny

posted 12 October 2004 03:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Penny     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My very best wishes to you both. Congratulations
Hope you have a very happy life together.

Penny

Ayisha

posted 12 October 2004 09:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ayisha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
many congratulations to you both shannon I wish you both a long and happy life together with lots of littel pharaohs

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

trojca

posted 12 October 2004 09:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for trojca     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey Shannon. i felt very thouched with your message I'm truly pleased that you found such a great man. I am in a similar situation i met this egyotian guy 2 years ago and we've been talking since then sometimes we stop talking for weeks or even months and then we start talking again. Sometimes I really think he's the man of my life but I am very confused. Have any advise for me..................

storiestotell

posted 12 October 2004 12:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for storiestotell     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
congratulation and i wish you and your husband a live full off love and happiness!!

wills76

posted 12 October 2004 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wills76     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations Shannon

~Sharon Stone~

posted 13 October 2004 09:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~Sharon Stone~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you and your husband many years of happiness and beautiful life.

Samia

posted 13 October 2004 12:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations Shannon.... i hope you will both be very happy

akshar

posted 13 October 2004 12:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for akshar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mabrouka and I hope your future is the happiest

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Shannon

posted 14 October 2004 06:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you so much everyone. I am truly happy. I never thought this could happen to me. And everything is working out for us. I guess miracles never cease. Thanks be to Allah.

Shannon

posted 14 October 2004 06:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks Trixie, But I not from Colorado. I am from the east coast (Maryland/Virginia).
We are going to live in Egypt until he can come here. I am sure we will be back in forth a lot. He is close to his family and I can not see him not being with them for a long period of time.
quote:
Originally posted by trixie:
hey congratulations on your marriage. Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Will you be moving to Egypt or will your husband be moving here? I think you live in Colorado...right? Not sure. Anyway, good luck with all!

[This message has been edited by Shannon (edited 14 October 2004).]

Shannon

posted 14 October 2004 06:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If he stops talking to you for weeks and even months, I am not sure that he is taking the relationship as serious as you are. Please be careful. And don't send him any money. I wish you the best of luck.

quote:
Originally posted by trojca:
hey Shannon. i felt very thouched with your message I'm truly pleased that you found such a great man. I am in a similar situation i met this egyotian guy 2 years ago and we've been talking since then sometimes we stop talking for weeks or even months and then we start talking again. Sometimes I really think he's the man of my life but I am very confused. Have any advise for me..................

trojca

posted 18 October 2004 09:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for trojca     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for your answer. Yeah I have think about that a lot. He says he has a difficult job, besides we're still very young i'm only 19 and he is 22 so i know it's hard. He has never asked for money he says he will come to me one day.
I just hope that if he is the man God found for me we can meet and be together like you and your husband. The other problem is that we have two totally different worlds I'm a latin american girl and he's egyptian????

[This message has been edited by trojca (edited 19 October 2004).]

Sofia

posted 02 November 2004 11:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sofia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Shannon, Congratulations! I met my friend on the internet also and I am also from America...live in California. I wish that our relationships works out as yours. You are so lucky! I am a latin American also so I don't how the cultural differences will work out, but hopeful. Again, I am so happy for you and wish that we are as lucky in love as you and your husband!
Take Care

kardous

posted 06 November 2004 06:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kardous     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
congratulation shanoon .... i am happy because u found egyptian guy so sweet like this and man .....i really loooking for my girl i think she will found me also ..i am woek as cinematographer and camerman in egypt - 29 yrs old - please if you found my girl tell me i really die for serious relation ....
Ahmed Kardous

------------------
kardous

hope0040

posted 24 November 2004 04:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for hope0040     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
All the best Shannon!!!
My story is similar with urs.I mean, i met my bf online and then I decide to meet him face 2 face in egypt.We are not married (yet), but we'r going next year

mse

posted 03 December 2004 04:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mse     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dear Shannon,
congratulations for your happyness! I have read one of your message on this forum about a guy called Ramy, who have asked for money from you. Could you please tell more about him? I am afraid we know the same guy...
Thank you very much,
mse

diana_ivanova

posted 03 December 2004 06:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ohhh this is the most famous one gladiator on the world,but the silliest one too...no surprise if its the same!

mse

posted 04 December 2004 04:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mse     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
May I ask for details about this Ramy? I would like to make sure. Actually he didn't ask for money, he asks for marriage, but I have the feeling something not right.
Please help ladies!
Thank you!

Penny

posted 04 December 2004 12:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Penny     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
from memory there was a thread called jana loves rammy about 6 months ago and also michaela had some info on him and she set up a web site with info about him and other such characters. He was into boxing and was saying he was working as a lawyer and yes he was looking to marry a forigner probably to get a visa. Try searcing back...my computer won't let me for some reason at the moment but yes there is plenty of info here on him.

Post again if you don't find it and I will try again

diana_ivanova

posted 04 December 2004 03:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
yes penny is right its the same "boxer",but there are 2 ramy`s the one is lawyer one and the other is the boxer king,with simple mind,however,that girl janna is so hurt,i cant say whom of these jerks hurted her that much,but she is scared and do not keep contact to people from net without know, and i have real desire to kick his ass,what a jerk indeed,a lier,thief and a scammer,his asshole dont deserve trust....and dont trust someone who talk about marriage from the first"chat",its not normal.....mine didnt also...or i would laugh at him!
luck

salama

posted 06 December 2004 09:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for salama     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shannon:
I felt very welcomed and very safe in Egypt. I did not go around half naked there as some of you like to think this about american girls. My arms and legs were covered and I did not smoke in the street. Anyway I had a great time and married the love of my life there in Egypt.

Shannon, best of wishes to you and to your Egyptian husband- Yes, Egypt is one of the safest places on earth, and her people are the warmest of all people I lived with- My husband is British and he agreed on all that you stated on your message.Be happy.

mse

posted 06 December 2004 02:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mse     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thank you very much ladies! I have searched for like 4 hours to find anything related, but not succaded. Actually mine I have met in Egypt personally, (I am not too much about chating with strangers) and spended 2 weeks quite close. He isn't a lawyer nor boxer, but he became strage for me because of talking about marriage after knowing each-other for 2 weeks. In my country it doesn't usually work like that... Or it is normal in Egypt? Once again, thank you for your help!! Cheers, mse

diana_ivanova

posted 06 December 2004 07:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
to talk about marriage after a week or 2 is strange for every country,not yours only!Its not normal to find the love on the internet but it happens and this isnt strange facts nowadays,i know soooo many couples find each other by this way!So i encourage the couples who begin like this by the simple reason i find my husband like this....but not after this short time...and we were talking for meet as first :d,but however its very interesting and when u tell your frinds ,they will laugh at your face for your coragous ideas for marriage on the other side of the planet distance !
But if after the real meet there,you really like the person and u enjoy the time and of course u both do not stay to that party time....and u begin to feel it a s a smth serious afterwards,then maybe its Him!
Good luck !

salama

posted 15 December 2004 07:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for salama     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mse:
He isn't a lawyer nor boxer, but he became strage for me because of talking about marriage after knowing each-other for 2 weeks. In my country it doesn't usually work like that... Or it is normal in Egypt? Once again, thank you for your help!! Cheers, mse

My British husband did not take two weeks to propose to me - so, I can imagine an emotional hot blooded Egyptian would ask a girl for marriage after two weeks of meeting her, Yes it is normal not only but but not only in Egypt mse. Go girl, follow your heart.

salama

posted 15 December 2004 07:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for salama     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mse:
He isn't a lawyer nor boxer, but he became strage for me because of talking about marriage after knowing each-other for 2 weeks. In my country it doesn't usually work like that... Or it is normal in Egypt? Once again, thank you for your help!! Cheers, mse

My British husband did not take two weeks to propose to me - so, I can imagine an emotional hot blooded Egyptian would ask a girl for marriage after two weeks of meeting her, Yes it is normal not only but not only in Egypt mse. Go girl, follow your heart.

diana_ivanova

posted 15 December 2004 07:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
mashallah the crazy hot blooded and impulsive,impatient wild natures...thats me,lol,thats what put me in this position
No.....i dont sorry,not at all,and ill never give up,no matter what problems ill have,so have courage girls!

Raymon

posted 17 December 2004 01:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Raymon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mabrouk ya Shannon

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Stacey

posted 26 December 2004 10:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Stacey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Shannon,
I am so happy for you. I have also met an Egyptian man and going to be married. Can you tell me anything about the actual process at the Consular. I have read what it says but I wanted to know your experience. I can only stay for a week, as of now. I am trying to get more time off. Do you know if I need to stay for the marriage liscense to be translated? I am so happy to meet someone like you.
Thanks,
Stacey

quote:
Originally posted by Shannon:

Hello Everyone. It has been a while since I posted here. Last time I did, I told you that I was going to Egypt to meet my internet boyfriend of the past 8 months. Well I left September 1st for Egypt. I met Moamen there in the airport in Cairo. He was so beautiful. We drove to Alexandria where I spent the most wonderful 25 days of my life. Moamen was everything he said he was and so much more. He is a very sweet man and he was a complete gentleman. He took very good care of me the whole time I was there. After about 10 days we went to Cairo and got married. The ceremony there is not quite as romantic as it would have been here at home. But I was so happy that he was my husband that it didn't really matter. His family and friends were really great and All very nice people. I found that most of the egyptian people there are very friendly and all around good people. So I just wanted to let everyone know that it worked out for me.
(For those of you who are wondering..)I felt very welcomed and very safe in Egypt. I may have felt safe because Moamen never left my side the whole time I was there. If he ever did, he would leave me in the care of one of his friends. I don't really know what I would have done if I did not have my husband as my guide and translator there. Also I am NOT a 40 year old european woman. I am 26 from America and Moamen is 23 egyptian. I also would suggest that you respect the religion and culture there. I did not go around half naked there as some of you like to think this about american girls. My arms and legs were covered and I did not smoke in the street. Anyway I had a great time and married the love of my life there in Egypt. If you have any questions or comments , Feel Free to Post. Bye-Bye.

diana_ivanova

posted 30 December 2004 12:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
heyyy this is just disgustingggggggggg,whoever do that...you are one absolutely disgusting and vulgar piece of ....!Pls leave this site,and never come back!There are so many porn sites u can use,ur place is not here-get to the hell out of here and stay wheres your place!!!!!!!We have enough garbage,and this site need the good part,not like you ......!

halim

posted 31 December 2004 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for halim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Here all information and travel tips you may need to have a successful tour in Egypt with less hassle. So if you are thinking about coming to visit Our beautiful country. Read more in our web site and hopefully they would be able to provide you with information to make your trip to Egypt a successful one. http://www.melia-egypt.com
http://www.travel.melia-egypt.com

egyptguy

posted 29 January 2005 06:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for egyptguy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok let me get this straight: american girl meets arab guy, the fall in love , and get married in cairo.

where is the lying? where is the deceipt? where is the scamming? where is the sex or violence? where is the clash of cultures?

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO? I WONNA DIE

Karah_Mia

posted 30 January 2005 10:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Karah_Mia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by egyptguy:
ok let me get this straight: american girl meets arab guy, the fall in love , and get married in cairo.

where is the lying? where is the deceipt? where is the scamming? where is the sex or violence? where is the clash of cultures?

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO? I WONNA DIE

I can answer all of the above questions for a small fee: you will NOT HAVE to die then! Easy payment plan!!!

Karah_Mia

posted 30 January 2005 10:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Karah_Mia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I forgot the most important: MABROUK ya Shannon!

egyptguy

posted 02 February 2005 08:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for egyptguy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
OK...CONGRATULATIONS...YOUR HAPPINESS IS A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM GOD
MY EMOTIONS ARE OVERFLOWING
MY HEART IS BEATING FAST...
MAY ALL OF YR DREAMS COME TRUE..IF THEY HAVE NOT YET

NOW I UNDERSTAND THE JOY OF LIVING...THE LIBERTY OF LOVE

WHEN IS THE NEXT TSUNAMI??

[This message has been edited by egyptguy (edited 02 February 2005).]

welsafty

posted 06 February 2005 12:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for welsafty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shannon:

CONGRATULATIONS

Corvinous

posted 10 February 2005 05:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Corvinous     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 27 August 2005).]

Famke

posted 16 August 2005 02:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Famke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Im curius how ur life is now with moamen.
He life with u now or do u stay in egypt?

Famke

posted 16 August 2005 03:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Famke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a question shannon.
My friend is named also moamen. Same age. I dont hope its the same. Can u share ur emailadress we can share pictures than we are sure both.
Hope im wrong.

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari

posted 16 August 2005 03:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Famke:
I have a question shannon.
My friend is named also moamen. Same age. I dont hope its the same. Can u share ur emailadress we can share pictures than we are sure both.
Hope im wrong.

o'ooh!

blue_crush

posted 16 August 2005 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for blue_crush     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mse:
May I ask for details about this Ramy? I would like to make sure. Actually he didn't ask for money, he asks for marriage, but I have the feeling something not right.
Please help ladies!
Thank you!

Hi MSE,
I might know your Ramy!
Write to me, and we will
learn if its the same person!
soulofcristy@gmail.com

sonomod

posted 16 August 2005 07:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sonomod     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
May all endings be this happy on Egyptsearch.com!

lol

Famke

posted 17 August 2005 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Famke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Im serious with this topic.
I married a moamen also in 2002 (orfi)
He never divorced me or anything, but
he still life in egypt. I cant check
what he is doing. So this story of u
Shannon look much on mine. Or am I this
"divorced" woman u are talking about??
I have seen u arent much here anymore,
is someone here who know shannon or her emailadress?
Someone have made a homepage from moamen
with his pictures in it, (but no lady
together) I will find out now if shannon
tell the truth, because mine moamen said
he dont know any shannon. Strange story isnt.
Who want to help me with her emailadress.
Alot thanks!

eaasalam

posted 17 August 2005 12:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for eaasalam     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
After about 10 days we went to Cairo and got married.

Hi Shanon, Congrats!!! I married an egyptian man in America 2 years ago, then we went to live in Cairo last January. When we went to do the paperwork to have a legal marriage there, they asked me for everything again, the "Shehada" and Certificated of birth and stuff like this (which I did not have it with me). So, right now I am in my country looking for everything to get married in Egypt again. How did you get married so easy, I don't mean anything bad I just want to know if I could do it the same way too as soon as I get back to Egypt.
Thanx

diana_ivanova

posted 18 August 2005 09:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for diana_ivanova     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hi famke,
whats ur trouble about this moamen,i know shanon and keep contact to her good,and Moamen i know a lottttt about him too!
You can contact me as i wont give shannon adress without her desire!
So pls if ure so much in danger just add me to ur messenger and we will see if ur moamen is really the same guy,ok!
Dont bother that much!
diana_ivanova1983@yahoo.com
Feel free to contact me,ok!?!!
Good luck everyone

Shannon

posted 18 August 2005 10:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hello this is Shannon of course. This is to Famke. Yes you are the woman I was talking about I guess. I made that website before I went to Egypt to meet Moamen. That is why there are no pics of us together on there. But I assure you that I have all the pictures and proof that you need. I will contact you and tell you all the details of my life with Moamen if that is what you would like.

[This message has been edited by Shannon (edited 18 August 2005).]

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4