Living in Egypt
  Beauty Thread (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Beauty Thread
MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari

posted 21 August 2005 06:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It seems that many foreign members of the forum have questions about the beauty secrets of the Egyptian women, like halawa (sweet = egyptian eq. of wax), Henna, masks ..etc..
Maybe we can talk about some of this stuff? I know Um Kolthum was looking great at 70 cos she scrubbed her face everyday with a home-made chickpea paste.

IP: Logged

Penny

posted 21 August 2005 06:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Penny     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nice idea MK.

Ok, how to Egyptian ladies do their eyebrows. They have amazing shape and look very beautiful

catlover

posted 21 August 2005 09:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for catlover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
I know Um Kolthum was looking great at 70 cos she scrubbed her face everyday with a home-made chickpea paste.

Oh tell me more about this paste - as far as I can tell she's my biggest rival for Cheffie's affections (yes I know she's no longer with us)

odiab84

posted 21 August 2005 09:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for odiab84     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
It seems that many foreign members of the forum have questions about the beauty secrets of the Egyptian women, like halawa (sweet = egyptian eq. of wax), Henna, masks ..etc..
Maybe we can talk about some of this stuff? I know Um Kolthum was looking great at 70 cos she scrubbed her face everyday with a home-made chickpea paste.

beauty secrets of Egyptian woman?? first time to hear about that!!

I thought Om Kolthoud sounds great but never thought that she looks great....

What about non-Egyptian women...don't they have any secrets ... or maybe they just don't need it because they are beautiful by nature!! Don't misunderstand me...I'm just wondering

poppy

posted 21 August 2005 09:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
It seems that many foreign members of the forum have questions about the beauty secrets of the Egyptian women, like halawa (sweet = egyptian eq. of wax),

Since i came to Egypt, iv'e been successfully using sweet. But iv'e got a bit of a problem with it now.
In the hotter weather, even with many fans going in the room (sweet changes its texture and consistency) For me, the last 2 times i used it. My whole body was covered in a mess of runny, sticky toffee! Help! and i had to give up and jump in the shower!

Snoozin

posted 21 August 2005 09:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

I'd like to know! How do Egyptian women avoid wrinkles? Especially considering the strong sunlight? My fiance's mother, who's 65, looks 45!

7aya

posted 21 August 2005 10:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for 7aya     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I'd like to know! How do Egyptian women avoid wrinkles? Especially considering the strong sunlight? My fiance's mother, who's 65, looks 45!

look i've heard two things concerning this, they might be just rumors. but i heard that 1) olive skin doesn't get affected by the sun as much as white skin and 2) egyptian women don't consume alot of alchohol, and as you know alchohol really dries the skin.

penny, egyptian women get their eyebrows shaped at the hairdresser. but many women actually know how to shape them themselves.

odiab, foreign women are naturally beautiful and egyptian women are not? really??!!! i have an australian friend who told me he moved to egypt just to see the beautiful egyptian women!

Asoom

posted 21 August 2005 10:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Asoom     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
poppy
posted 21 August 2005 09:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that many foreign members of the forum have questions about the beauty secrets of the Egyptian women, like halawa (sweet = egyptian eq. of wax),

In the hotter weather, even with many fans going in the room (sweet changes its texture and consistency) For me, the last 2 times i used it. My whole body was covered in a mess of runny, sticky toffee! Help! and i had to give up and jump in the shower!

Of course this may happen during those hot days, so u have 2:

1-turn on the A/C or the fan.
2-hurry up don’t waste your time, u have a certain aim and u have 2 achiev it in only half an hour,
3-also, don’t make your whole body with the same wax or sweet it will flow “hatse7” and u will lose control.
4-finally u can divide your body in2 two days…
5-the home made sweet is better than the 1 we get from the pharmsy...so make ur servent or any old lady 2 cook it home.

6-after finishing your AIM, get this bath spounge and massage your body, it will sparkel
7-never wax your body during your period days, as it make the hair appear faster, and also beacuse during that time our body is very senstive.
8-if u wanna make this sensitive and intimate place, never let the hair grow longer, it will hurtttttttttttttttt more and more, never shave it.
hope that these tips will help u

poppy

posted 21 August 2005 11:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asoom:
poppy

Yeah gr8! thx, veryyy helpful. Especially to devide it into 2 areas, over 2 dayz. I will be really brave...an have another go now

posted 21 August 2005 01:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by odiab84:
beauty secrets of Egyptian woman?? first time to hear about that!!

I thought Om Kolthoud sounds great but never thought that she looks great....

What about non-Egyptian women...don't they have any secrets ... or maybe they just don't need it because they are beautiful by nature!! Don't misunderstand me...I'm just wondering

What an idiot! Egyptian women exported beauty secrets to the whole world, and let's see how "beautiful" you will be when you're Um Kolthum's age, if you'll ever reach it with your sit-on-the-ass-and-watch-Lebanese-trash-on-T.V. attitude.

Like Egyptian women think you and your likes are Adonises! I bet you have a potbelly & sweaty axillas!

kadijah2000

posted 21 August 2005 03:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kadijah2000     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let's see, most are overweight and have huge buttocks. They bleach their skin and the brides wear this white make 3 shades lighter than their neckline to make them appears as clowns. Too much heavy black runny mascara. Cover more for bad hair days than religious reasons. When they bleach their hair it looks dull and brittle. They wear the ugliest shades of florescent colors, one need sunglasses just to say hello to them.

The best looking ones are the ones in the all black nikab showing only their eyes.

No thanks, I'll stick to my own beauty secrets

posted 21 August 2005 04:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kadijah2000:
Let's see, most are overweight and have huge buttocks. They bleach their skin and the brides wear this white make 3 shades lighter than their neckline to make them appears as clowns. Too much heavy black runny mascara. Cover more for bad hair days than religious reasons. When they bleach their hair it looks dull and brittle. They wear the ugliest shades of florescent colors, one need sunglasses just to say hello to them.

The best looking ones are the ones in the all black nikab showing only their eyes.

No thanks, I'll stick to my own beauty secrets

If you're trying to provoke me, you've failed. Because I totally agree with you, but I see it from a different angle.
Women nowadays are victims of social pressure from idiots like ODiab84 who consider their natural looks below standard. This has lead women into this pathetic circus of bleaching, painting plucking and tucking. And those who fail to keep up due to financial or anatomic reasons suddenly claim to have seen the light & found God.

But I had my mind set on another flow of thoughts. Like what's a good herb for detox purposes and what have you.

Go ahead, start one of your "discussions" with me. I totally love them!

EFLVirgo

posted 21 August 2005 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for EFLVirgo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Parsley works wonders for the complexion.

Penny, 7aya's right. Eyebrow's are done best at the hairdresser's.

Snoozin

posted 21 August 2005 05:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
look i've heard two things concerning this, they might be just rumors. but i heard that 1) olive skin doesn't get affected by the sun as much as white skin and 2) egyptian women don't consume alot of alchohol, and as you know alchohol really dries the skin.

penny, egyptian women get their eyebrows shaped at the hairdresser. but many women actually know how to shape them themselves.

odiab, foreign women are naturally beautiful and egyptian women are not? really??!!! i have an australian friend who told me he moved to egypt just to see the beautiful egyptian women!

I'd never heard the alcohol thing, but that sounds legitimate to me. I know smoking seriously packs on the wrinkles. Do egyptian women smoke? I didn't really see anyone, other than at some shisha places....

posted 21 August 2005 05:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Do egyptian women smoke? I didn't really see anyone, other than at some shisha places....

My friend is married to her husband for 10 years and he doesn't know that she's been a smoker for 9 whole years.

There seems to be a certain taboo around women smoking in public, but I don't know if that is a general attitude.

Any idea 7aya?

Serendipity

posted 21 August 2005 05:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Serendipity     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I wish i had olive skin like the egyptian ladies. I have too white skin! and no matter what i do it wont get tanned!!

posted 21 August 2005 06:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Just one last thing before I go to bed. Set the thread on fire.
Nighty night.

bratkota

posted 21 August 2005 06:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bratkota     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
I wish i had olive skin like the egyptian ladies. I have too white skin! and no matter what i do it wont get tanned!!

---------------
yes no matter what i do my skin gets red and peels no tans when we go to sharm or any other places with sun i can only go outside every other day.. sun block of any kind does not work..to much sun can also hurt ur skin

Paint Me As I Am

posted 21 August 2005 06:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Paint Me As I Am     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bratkota:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[b]I wish i had olive skin like the egyptian ladies. I have too white skin! and no matter what i do it wont get tanned!!

---------------
yes no matter what i do my skin gets red and peels no tans when we go to sharm or any other places with sun i can only go outside every other day.. sun block of any kind does not work..to much sun can also hurt ur skin

[/B][/QUOTE]

Same here very light skined with no wrinkles in my age

I just stay out of the sun..
since i was about 16yrs i always used "oil of olay" so many things on the markets to try..

Jannah

Leila

posted 22 August 2005 01:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Leila     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
what is the differenec between halawa and a strip or hot wax? I can never be bothered going through the process of making the halawa and cleaning up the mess afterwards.. i just go to the beauticain and get it over and done with. Is there some benefit to using halawa over western waxes?

Odiab84 - most western women wear a lot of makeup - when i see my friends without makeup they hardly look like the same person. Arabic women i've found wear little to no makeup because they have naturally darker more defined features (high cheek bones, dark eyes etc) which a lot of western women try to achieve with makeup.

odiab84

posted 22 August 2005 01:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for odiab84     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
What an idiot! Egyptian women exported beauty secrets to the whole world, and let's see how "beautiful" you will be when you're Um Kolthum's age, if you'll ever reach it with your sit-on-the-ass-and-watch-Lebanese-trash-on-T.V. attitude.

Like Egyptian women think you and your likes are Adonises! I bet you have a potbelly & sweaty axillas!

posted 22 August 2005 01:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

You're speechless aren't yah?!

Snoozin

posted 22 August 2005 01:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Um, what are "sweaty axillas?"

poppy

posted 22 August 2005 01:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leila:
[
Odiab84 - most western women wear a lot of makeup - when i see my friends without makeup they hardly look like the same person. Arabic women i've found wear little to no makeup because they have naturally darker more defined features (high cheek bones, dark eyes etc) which a lot of western women try to achieve with makeup.[/B]

I'm western and have always had high cheekbones and use no make up, just lipstick. but my eyes are green tho.
Take a look at my pictures, i'm sure i don't look too bad!

odiab84

posted 22 August 2005 01:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for odiab84     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Kingdom, Beauty is not always on how much money you spend on comsmetics and how soft is your skin and how thin or thick is your eyebrows. Most importantly is how confident you are, how caring and passionate you are.etc.

Briefly, it is the beauty of spirit not the beauty of the face which is more important and makes a person attractive. and there are millions of examples to prove my statement is right.

It was said before that the sexiest dress a women can wear is confident.

about om kolthoum I respect her as a singer and I think she's a legend but I don't just think she was attractive. Does that make me an idiot??

Instead of spending loads of money to make yourself look better, you can try to make your words look better by not calling people idiots, it won't cost you a penny , it's totally free.

TO 7AYA, I didn't say anything bad about Egyptian girls, because I don't really like to genralize .. I was just wondering what does kingdom mean by Egyptian secrets and was trying to 'aghezha' in a friendly way because she was talking as only Egyptians know it all which might be offensive to non-Egyptians.

By the way 7aya, I really do respect you because although we have disagreed sometimes on certain topics but you have always been polite, and that's what I think the best and the most civilised way of communicating.

We might agree and might disagree but we always have to respect eachother. Thank you

everyday_angel

posted 22 August 2005 01:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for everyday_angel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
how do you do the sugaring, for someone never done it and never been to egypt or anything?
can anyone describe for me?

poppy

posted 22 August 2005 01:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by everyday_angel:
how do you do the sugaring, for someone never done it and never been to egypt or anything?
can anyone describe for me?

Ha! Ha! Angel lol go up the page...where Asoom has posted me instructions on this very subject PROMISE NOT TO LAUGH at my sticky situation!!!

7aya

posted 22 August 2005 03:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 7aya     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok i have a beauty secret to add, if you are having a problem with hair loss then try gargeer (whats it called in english?) anyway this vegetable is amazing. just squeeze all the juice out of it, and put it on your scalp, only the scalp DO YOU HEAR? NEVER PUT IT ON YOUR HAIR! only the scalp! it will really dry your hair if you put it on it. anyway just spread it over your scalp once a day, in 10 days your hair will stop falling, and if you are consistent new hair will grow. it doesnt smell, and it doesnt make the hair oily. ive suffered alot from hair loss, and its very complicated with numerous causes. so i'm sure every case will be different. some people will need to supplement that with vitamins or injections.

poppy

posted 22 August 2005 03:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
ok i have a beauty secret to add, if you are having a problem with hair loss then try gargeer (whats it called in english?) anyway this vegetable is amazing. just squeeze all the juice out of it, and put it on your scalp, only the scalp DO YOU HEAR? NEVER PUT IT ON YOUR HAIR! only the scalp! it will really dry your hair if you put it on it. anyway just spread it over your scalp once a day, in 10 days your hair will stop falling, and if you are consistent new hair will grow. it doesnt smell, and it doesnt make the hair oily. ive suffered alot from hair loss, and its very complicated with numerous causes. so i'm sure every case will be different. some people will need to supplement that with vitamins or injections.

Hey! auntie 7aya!!! u been listening to corvinous??? i'm not going bald yet u know! LOL Its the opposite problem we were dicussing 'How to loose it' ouch!
And is my dinner ready yet? BTW?

7aya

posted 22 August 2005 03:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 7aya     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
Hey! auntie 7aya!!! u been listening to corvinous??? i'm not going bald yet u know! LOL Its the opposite problem we were dicussing 'How to loose it' ouch!
And is my dinner ready yet? BTW?

hehe sure its ready! but make sure you have the next week off, because youll be running to the bathroom every five seconds! that's if i actually don't burn the meal and set the house on fire first!

EFLVirgo

posted 22 August 2005 04:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for EFLVirgo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

It was said before that the sexiest dress a women can wear is confidence.

about om kolthoum I respect her as a singer and I think she's a legend but I don't just think she was attractive.

Odiab, it seems like you're contradicting yourself here. If you beleive that *confidence* is what makes a woman attractive, then you should find Om Kalthoum attractive. She was an extremely confident woman.

everyday_angel

posted 22 August 2005 05:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for everyday_angel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asoom:
poppy

ok, but how do you MAKE it ?
what do you do?? i've never done this, how how how ???

posted 22 August 2005 06:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Kingdom, Beauty is not always on how much money you spend on comsmetics and how soft is your skin and how thin or thick is your eyebrows. Most importantly is how confident you are, how caring and passionate you are.etc. Briefly, it is the beauty of spirit not the beauty of the face which is more important and makes a person attractive. and there are millions of examples to prove my statement is right.

SAY THAT TO YOURSELF. YOU & YOUR AIR-HEADED FELLOW MEN.

quote:
It was said before that the sexiest dress a women can wear is confident..

If that's what you really believe then I'm the queen of England.

quote:
about om kolthoum I respect her as a singer and I think she's a legend but I don't just think she was attractive. Does that make me an idiot??

Yes! ... Of course not.. I was joking you idiot

quote:
Instead of spending loads of money to make yourself look better..

Who said I spend loads of money on my looks? I get everything for free. My husband is a plastic surgeon (Khadija: Showing Off Alert, you can jump in now )

quote:
you can try to make your words look better by not calling people idiots, it won't cost you a penny , it's totally free.

Who said I call people idiots? I only call YOU that.

quote:
I was just wondering what does kingdom mean by Egyptian secrets and was trying to 'aghezha' in a friendly way ...

Why then do you take my answers seriously?!!

sonomod

posted 22 August 2005 08:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sonomod     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Parsley works wonders for the complexion.

Penny, 7aya's right. Eyebrow's are done best at the hairdresser's.

Actually I think due to genetics, Egyptian women are born to have better eyebrows.

I have very faint eyebrows that need to be penciled in. My daughter will have gorgeous eyebrows, but nothing like her older cousin, now this little lady will have killer eyes!

And I agree Alcohol does kill the complexion. My mother drinks like a pro, but still looks 15 years younger than she is. Other women who drink half of what she does really do look thier age.

Alot of it is what you are born with. Many women look really cute until 30, then their looks go down hill. The longevity and youthfullness in my family comes from sucking the life out of your daughters and constantly critizing them so their youthfulness is transfered onto the mother.

Its genetics and how you take care of yourself.

Otherwise, I try to do a facail mask once a week, elmers glue to fight black heads, hydrogen peroxide on a toothbrush in the morning after coffee, drink lots of water, aloe vera on the face at night, stay out of the sun, no alcohol, no smoking, no druggs, and regular exercise.

And my God, read a book every week, keep that mind busy, learn something new! If you let your mind go and don't excise the brain, your screwed. Dementia happens in the people who are brain lazy. And Dementia creeps in during your late 40s and 50s, that will make you look old in a hurry. Keep in the mind alert and you don't look old!

and f*ck I am trying not to frown all the time or purse my lips to tightly. A few grannies who reach 104 in my family had some sour mouths that liked like anuses so I try not to scowl and clench my jaw too much. It looks horrid!

Beauty isn't something applied every morning, its a lifelong battle. And its not just your face!

Dalia

posted 22 August 2005 09:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dalia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
try gargeer (whats it called in english?)

ruccula

Snoozin

posted 22 August 2005 09:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Actually I think due to genetics, Egyptian women are born to have better eyebrows.

I have very faint eyebrows that need to be penciled in. My daughter will have gorgeous eyebrows, but nothing like her older cousin, now this little lady will have killer eyes!

And I agree Alcohol does kill the complexion. My mother drinks like a pro, but still looks 15 years younger than she is. Other women who drink half of what she does really do look thier age.

Alot of it is what you are born with. Many women look really cute until 30, then their looks go down hill. The longevity and youthfullness in my family comes from sucking the life out of your daughters and constantly critizing them so their youthfulness is transfered onto the mother.

Its genetics and how you take care of yourself.

Otherwise, I try to do a facail mask once a week, elmers glue to fight black heads, hydrogen peroxide on a toothbrush in the morning after coffee, drink lots of water, aloe vera on the face at night, stay out of the sun, no alcohol, no smoking, no druggs, and regular exercise.

And my God, read a book every week, keep that mind busy, learn something new! If you let your mind go and don't excise the brain, your screwed. Dementia happens in the people who are brain lazy. And Dementia creeps in during your late 40s and 50s, that will make you look old in a hurry. Keep in the mind alert and you don't look old!

and f*ck I am trying not to frown all the time or purse my lips to tightly. A few grannies who reach 104 in my family had some sour mouths that liked like anuses so I try not to scowl and clench my jaw too much. It looks horrid!

Beauty isn't something applied every morning, its a lifelong battle. And its not just your face!

Elmer's glue? Really? I had never heard that one....Hmmm, cheaper than those biore strips. What do you do, let it dry on the skin and pull it off?

I agree, a lifelong battle. I don't want to look 30 my whole life, I just don't want people thinking I'm 10 or 15 years old than I actually am. But it *is* weird seeing the wrinkles show up, remembering what your skin *used* to look like.

sonomod

posted 22 August 2005 09:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sonomod     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Elmer's glue? Really? I had never heard that one....Hmmm, cheaper than those biore strips. What do you do, let it dry on the skin and pull it off?

I agree, a lifelong battle. I don't want to look 30 my whole life, I just don't want people thinking I'm 10 or 15 years old than I actually am. But it *is* weird seeing the wrinkles show up, remembering what your skin *used* to look like.

Yeah, you apply the elmers glue to your face and wait an 30 mins to an hour for it to dry. Those biore strips, I was a dedacaded user for a few years and didn't do sh*t for the blackheads, only the elmers glue works, but you must wash your face immediately afterwards.

The best cleansing regime is Aveda though. I can't afford it right now, but its the best. I need to start wearing sunscreen because I have a healthy sunburn right now from gardening. But I can't continue to harm myself like this. I normally use Aveno acne facial soap, its the gentlest!

And I have always looked at least 5 years younger than I am since I was 20. Before then because of my rack and maturity I looked older. Now that I am 30, I don't look my age, the pendulumn has swung. And not a moment too soon.

I hate the idea of women in their 50s trying to look twenty. I plan to look and dress my age at all times, but I want my physique and face to keep their tauntness and healthiness. My posture is something I am paying attention to now as well. With all the muscles in my body, it will really look horrid if I don't stand/sit up straight more often. That is also a killer of youth.

I have seen wind tunnel faces on women with bodies that look 20 years older or more than their face. Its really sickening.

The only thing in my family that makes people old is rhmutoid arthritis. Its really aweful. Yet do to being active physically and mentally most women in my family have beat the clock.

I think about this alot. I have a legacy to continue. I have watched the women of my parents hometown age and how they now smurk and scowl at us for continuing to look good. It feels great! It makes up for all the awful things I have recieved from this family. lol

But I still can't understand why women when young diet, diet, diet, party, party, party, smoke and drink alcohol like these practices won't catch up with them.

I don't diet! I refuse to, studies have shown that most diets kill your bone structure and muscle tone. Making you age prematurely.

Excercise, eat in moderation, and f*ck it don't do stupid sh*t to yourself.

I am so glad with all the WASP, perfect little miss lessons I went through, I got something for all my misery and trouble. Good genes!

poppy

posted 22 August 2005 11:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by everyday_angel:
ok, but how do you MAKE it ?
what do you do?? i've never done this, how how how ???

Sorry! Angel, i don't know how to make it. I'm English, not Egyptian. All i know its made from sugar...and i buy it from the pharmacy in a plastic container, for about 4 L.E.

crazylobo

posted 23 August 2005 12:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for crazylobo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If you take an egg, whip it with a fork, and add honey. Put it on your face, and neck. Let it dry. Then rinse off with warm water. Your face will be really soft. Its really messy so make sure the hair is pulled back.

Samia

posted 23 August 2005 03:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Um, what are "sweaty axillas?"

Posh word for armpits!!

sparkie

posted 23 August 2005 03:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sparkie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi everyone,
I`ve just run out of the conditioner for my hair, that I brought with me from home. does anyone now of any good conditioner I can buy in Cairo that is NOT 30LE? Mine from home is good and only $2 a bottle!
Ta.

newcomer

posted 23 August 2005 03:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for newcomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
try gargeer (whats it called in english?)

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
ruccula

I heard it called watercress in English. It certainly tastes like it even though the leaves are much bigger and a different shape.

Penny

posted 23 August 2005 04:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Penny     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
ruccula

Re Gargeer/ ruccula

Is that what we call water cress?

poppy

posted 23 August 2005 07:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for poppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
hehe sure its ready! but make sure you have the next week off, because youll be running to the bathroom every five seconds! that's if i actually don't burn the meal and set the house on fire first!

Salad an ice cream it is then!

Serendipity

posted 23 August 2005 07:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Serendipity     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Is Elmer's Glue the white type?
which use for paper?
God I feel like a cavemen I dont even know what Elmers glue is!!

Snoozin

posted 23 August 2005 08:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
I hate the idea of women in their 50s trying to look twenty. I plan to look and dress my age at all times, but I want my physique and face to keep their tauntness and healthiness.

Yeah, me too. There are so many good looking older women and it's fine to look older. My only hang-up, like I said is not looking significantly older than I am.

And I totally agree with keeping in shape as a maintainor (is that a word?) of youth? (Although I do not follow my own advice right now). But my aunt is 63 and looks maybe 45 because she is fit.

I use Cetaphil cleanser for my face, which has worked really well keeping zits away while not overdrying my face. And Keihl's 25 water-based sunblock. Part of my wrinkle phobia. But I swear by the Cetaphil. I've never used Aveda although I had a doctor who swore by it.

Snoozin

posted 23 August 2005 08:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Snoozin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Is Elmer's Glue the white type?
which use for paper?
God I feel like a cavemen I dont even know what Elmers glue is!!

Hahah! It's OK. Elmer's Glue is popular in America. I don't know where else it is. It is a non-toxic white glue for paper, usually what little kids use for art projects and things.

Serendipity

posted 23 August 2005 08:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Serendipity     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Hahah! It's OK. Elmer's Glue is popular in America. I don't know where else it is. It is a non-toxic white glue for paper, usually what little kids use for art projects and things.

thank you dear. this is the prize you have to pay for living in a farm country like Norway. :S

Serendipity

posted 23 August 2005 08:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Serendipity     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
For a second I thought you guys were talking aboout the looney tunes Elmer Fudd.

everyday_angel

posted 23 August 2005 09:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for everyday_angel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
something really good for your face, if you don't have an exfoliator, is to take sugar and honey and make a kind of paste, add a little water until you can move it and then wash your face with it. The sugar opens your pores and cleans them out, the sugar adheres to the dirt and bacteria and allows you to clean your pores very easily. Just once a week though, for some skin types it might be too harsh everyday.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2